FRL - HTCC - Historic Touring Car CupFinished 

• Thread starter snowgt
  • 173 comments
Just wanted to say thanks for everyone showing up for the first event, and for making it a very clean racing experience. I'm impressed with how well everybody behaved on track!

Now, I'd like your opinion about the event format:

- Do you think the 2x30 min races were too long, too short or just about right?
- Should we rather go for 2x25 or 2x20 minutes?
- Should we do 3x20 minutes?

- Any other suggestions?

I'm asking this, because this is not a dictatorship, or... actually, it is, but with a very benevolent dictator. :D

I think 30 min was ok, after one I did. If you make mistake (or incident) you'll still have some time to come back. It was very hard to make time back if you lost contact (splitstream) to other cars.

I should be there. I've been working the last couple weeks, but I'm done with that.

That'd be good. Don't forget to join the club.

If I don't 🤬 up again I'm practically a 100% surefire entry...

Ok, that makes 3, myself included, and 3 maybe's. 6 drivers would be the bare minimum for a race to be started. Otherwise we postpone, or call the event off.

Oh well, we'll see on Saturday at start time.

Special rules for Ascari:

The chicanes with concrete on the inside can be cut, but all 4 tyres should stay on the concrete. For the avoidance of doubt: this is referring to turn 1 and the uphill double chicane after the long back straight and following right-hander.

That means that there is only room for 1 car to go through at a time, so sort out the order in which you enter beforehand! Do not try to outbrake someone who is still clearly ahead when closing in on the braking zone as they will have nowhere to go, if you dive in late, even if you can still make the corner. The other car might not. If you have overlap before the braking zone, you need to be at least as far abreast as the other driver's seat with the front of your car. Otherwise, you should probably tap the brakes and fall back behind the other car.

We will also not do a complete formation lap as turn 1 is bound to produce chaos, especially on the first lap. Green flag is on the back straight after the right-kink. The leader is entitled to accelerate as soon as the right-kink has been passed. That means we will do 11.5 laps as race distance.

Back