FRL~ToCA12 - Ninners, Furinkazen, FAS, Volvo, Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,131 comments
Even though that final race only gave me a 3rd Place - I think that was the most professional and most consistent drive of my GTP Career (other than my Race 1 2nd Place in BTCC-4). Really good battle with @Ninners

Also, I think that's the best result the Renault had all Season is it? :P
Again in regards to this, I could've been more aggressive but I didn't feel the need to.

Not a very satisfying close to the season for me. Race 1 saw me lose a couple of places on the first lap, which I recovered one by one, catching up to the Volvos and my teammate, until I even managed to get past Yera thinking I could maybe even catch Nin & Andil, if they kept on fighting each other, only to look too much into the rear-view mirror and putting the outer rear wheel in the grass at Sheene and going into the inside barrier. Should have been 3rd, but finished 7th, I think. In Race 2, so many things happened, that I don't even remember how I ended up 3rd. I do remember thinking '3rd is not bad, but why doesn't it feel better?'. In Race 3 I just had started to move up the order when I was following Lancer through Paddock Hill, but he went a bit wide and slowed to avoid the gravel, which left me with choice A) just ramming him at the exit, or B) lifting and increasing steering angle to avoid him. In hindsight, choice B) (oversteering wildly into the barrier) probably wasn't the better one. At least not for me. It did leave me at the back of the field, handing 3rd place in the championship to Yera. At least, that's what I have to assume in the absence of any standings of the recent past.

As a season summary, it seems a bit like TOCA 12 was like Formula 1 this year. Two of, if not the best drivers in a superior car, and us in SYM in a car with a great chassis picking up the scraps when something went wrong. The Hyundai was a blast to drive though and there were a number of good races I had this season, totally independent of where in the field they took place. Keeping up my series of never finishing lower than 4th in the championship, and with 2 wins and 7 podiums is good enough not to feel disappointed.

Skwirk.gif

Alfa Romeo summary - some glimmers of hope. I didn't get a podium at all, the car just wasn't quick enough to maintain the race pace compared to the others, but considering I only did about half the season, it was... OK ish. @GTracer98 had the upper hand on me in Q most times, but he has had appalling luck all season. I'm keen to keep a team going, most likely running 2 independents, a bit like this season.

There were some races where I had decent shots at points, but they were often ended on the first lap, because the whole field decided to go for a 20cm gap. Quite a common occurrence this season.

There's not much left to say really. I'm glad RWD's are on their way out, because the Nissan was just a brick in a straight line, and the Hyundai was great through the corners and as quick as most of the FF's in a straight line. The racing seemed quite spread out, a lot of questionable moves, not divebombing as such but rather general carelessness and a bit of stupidity. The BOP was dire, I think everyone can agree on that.

Brands R3 taught me something, though. For the first time ever, I decided to properly attack on the first few laps. The Alfa was about 8th place material at best, but I just missed a podium by 2 seconds. I've taken T12 as a learning curve. T13, we're going to be back, and with a completely new attitude. I have a lot to prove.

BoP was not dire, certainly not the best but not dire. Things get exaggerated when the fastest guys are in the quickest car.

Latest Posts

Back