FRL~ToCA12 - Ninners, Furinkazen, FAS, Volvo, Champions!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 4,131 comments
Not a very satisfying close to the season for me. Race 1 saw me lose a couple of places on the first lap, which I recovered one by one, catching up to the Volvos and my teammate, until I even managed to get past Yera thinking I could maybe even catch Nin & Andil, if they kept on fighting each other, only to look too much into the rear-view mirror and putting the outer rear wheel in the grass at Sheene and going into the inside barrier. Should have been 3rd, but finished 7th, I think. In Race 2, so many things happened, that I don't even remember how I ended up 3rd. I do remember thinking '3rd is not bad, but why doesn't it feel better?'. In Race 3 I just had started to move up the order when I was following Lancer through Paddock Hill, but he went a bit wide and slowed to avoid the gravel, which left me with choice A) just ramming him at the exit, or B) lifting and increasing steering angle to avoid him. In hindsight, choice B) (oversteering wildly into the barrier) probably wasn't the better one. At least not for me. It did leave me at the back of the field, handing 3rd place in the championship to Yera. At least, that's what I have to assume in the absence of any standings of the recent past.

As a season summary, it seems a bit like TOCA 12 was like Formula 1 this year. Two of, if not the best drivers in a superior car, and us in SYM in a car with a great chassis picking up the scraps when something went wrong. The Hyundai was a blast to drive though and there were a number of good races I had this season, totally independent of where in the field they took place. Keeping up my series of never finishing lower than 4th in the championship, and with 2 wins and 7 podiums is good enough not to feel disappointed.

I finished 11 points ahead of you, drop scores included... also you actually finished the season with 2 wins, 8 podiums and a fastest lap (did some stats reviewing last night to include in my shared car's comment within GT6 Community)

As for my personal series stats, barring that awful S8 (where I finished 9th with a terrible VW having also missed 2 rounds), I finished 1st once, 2nd twice and 3rd also twice...

So I believe I finished up on 410 points. Record was 455...

Had I attended Spa and finished 2nd in all three races (presumably, no guarantee) I would have finished on 461...

Actually Lancer acted as a battering ram, there's a difference... that and Furi kept going off-track in order to defend his position (yes I still remember that :mischievous:)

After you had been battering us around for half a season we got rather sick of it :mischievous:

I had some legitimate pace actually.

Yeah right... :sly::lol:

But he helped you out by preventing the pack from closing in on you.

Me, mostly... that season I had a lot of Spurgy-wins... :lol:

EDIT:
After you had been beating us around for half a season we got rather sick of it :mischievous:
Check your thesaurus... those words don't mean the same :sly:

EDIT2: Before you starting getting angry... we're just having some fun here

Last edited:
Well, looks like the Megane is not the only thing that's having problems with water (it dumped all its coolant on the way home), but now my house has a hole in the roof, somewhere and has let water in and destroyed a load of stuff in the attic.

Well, @Spurgy 777, being able to keep up with you on most tracks for the second half of S7 sure was good for my ego (only on the last 3-4 laps you'd usually go away because of tyre wear)

Hmmmmmm.....something familiar...

Too late. :eek:

To quote Charlie Cox:

"Plato's bumper is surprisingly robust now, it has usually fallen off the Renault by now".

Well, hence the reason why I changed my Player name to Jason Potato, as I thought it would fit things very well :P
:lol: If I had thought of it, I would have done the same thing and changed my name to Colin Ateatonofturkey to reflect the Thanksgiving holiday that was going on in the US this weekend.:dopey: Sadly, it did affect the Nissan's performance in the races somewhat.:irked:

:D

Well, looks like the Megane is not the only thing that's having problems with water (it dumped all its coolant on the way home), but now my house has a hole in the roof, somewhere and has let water in and destroyed a load of stuff in the attic.
:scared: I fear you probably have a few valuable items stored up there?

:scared: I fear you probably have a few valuable items stored up there?

Correct, not only old CRTs, but cables for stuff like the Network, and at least there is a floor up there, so the electrics for the house stand a smaller chance of getting damaged..

#ToCA(Volvo)Trivia

Volvo swept the standings in ToCA12, winning the drivers, teams, manufacturers and Jack Sears titles. Volvo also finished 1st and 2nd in the drivers championship and won 75% of all the races this season. Volvo also finished on the podium in every race bar the final race of the season and achieved 14 one two finishes.

Back