FRL~WSC VIII - GTP #1 Enduros! FURI & ANDIL WIN THE FINAL AT SPA!Finished 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,591 comments

Add Bathurst to the WSC VIII calendar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bit gutted to DC on the formation lap especially after getting pole by 0.008 from Ryan and would of been nice to see what I could of done regarding to winning the race.

But did watch the F1 instead

Kicking myself for a bit of wheelspin on my Q lap. Joe wins title from me by 2pts.

How far were you off my pole lap as I had to leave/rejoin to sort out not seeing 1 or 2 people then when I rejoined I got confirmation of my pole
He was 0.002 off of Ryan, so 0.01 from you :)

Spent the whole night awake because I've come down with a cold or something. Meant I had to keep muting mic for sneezes/coughs to not annoy anyone. I wasn't full commited

Was a good fight in 2nd stint @Ninners, though I think we were only playing rather than an actual battle :P eg I was going inside in places just to keep the "side by side" going as I knew you were leaving later.

Amazing 4 way nose to tail with Nin, Snow and Yera in 1st stint too - so close yet no contact, was brilliant driving 👍
Yeah after my pit stop I was still getting used to not driving with a rear that's trying to snap so took me a few laps to get into the rhythm that I had in quali. So once I passed you for good I disappeared up the road setting 4 laps in the 33s before I had to go. I actually spun out on the lap I was due to come in.

Was a great race although I made a a couple of errors. The start was a little awkward as @Ninners already said. He waited and I knew I couldn't just floor it and overtake before the line, so everyone basically came from behind at a much greater speed and by Les Combes, I think I was in last place.

Then @LancerEvo7 was in front of me, and I knew he didn't see me, which made passing a little difficult, but after a lap or so, things settled in with @Yeratel84 in front of me and @Andil and Ninners "around" me. That is, until Yera suddenly vanished about 2 car lengths ahead of me. For a moment I didn't know what to do - if only I didn't see him and he still saw me, I would punt him off the track, but there was anyway nothing I could have done, so I raced as if he wasn't there (which he wasn't in the universe I could see). The next phase was some of the best racing I can remember. We had so many position and lead changes with clean racing, it was really a memorable experience.

Getting closer to the first series of pitstops, I made a little error coming out of bus-stop, but I was only behind a couple of seconds. Ninners then pitted in the lead (positions with no guarantee as I don't know where Yera was) on lap 14, followed by Andil on lap 15. I had definitely planned to make a maximum of 2 stops, and although the tyres weren't run down, they felt a little worn, so I came in as planned after lap 18. That is, I tried to. Because I somehow couldn't find the pit entrance and crashed into the wall on the right of it. Then had to accelerate up the hill on the grass into it, only to spin again between the concrete walls. I almost got stuck sideways there. I must have lost something like 30 seconds there.

Afterwards it was much lonelier. Made a decent 2nd stint to lap 36, found the pit entrance this time. I made another error after Andil's last stop, when it was clear I wouldn't be able to catch him (a 540° spin after Eau Rouge without damaging the car), so I don't know, if I could have finished 2nd in front of Yeratel or not.

Anyway, had a lot of fun. I'm really hoping Andil & Ninners can find the time for a full campaign next season! The more, the merrier! :cheers:

It was kind of lonely race (compared to LeMans). I just concentrate to make it clean and without damaged - done it. Only exciting times were when lapping GT-O's - especially top drivers because they were so close to each other and I didn't want to interfere with they fight anyway.
Let's see what happen next season and what car I'll drive - I don't want to be alone in GT-P2 (with Camaro) class so may be I'll go GT-O. That class seems to have all the fun.
Shout outs:

@jammy21 for giving the GT40 a clean final run, be strange to not see you in that next season :lol:
@ranhammerR34 for a clean race, bizarre incident between us, funny :lol:
@LancerEvo7 for willing to give the Shelby Cobra GTO a run and proving its pace.

Any ideas on next season's cars? I might think about entering GT-P

(GT-P1) Ferrari 330 P4 - Ford Mk IV - Jaguar XJ13
(GT-P2) Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM - Shelby Daytona Coupe
(GT-O) Corvette Racing C3 - Dino 246GT - Ferrari 250GTB - Ferrari 250GTO - Shelby Cobra ‘Chromeline’ - Shelby Mustang GT350 - Toyota 2000GT

(GT-P1) Ferrari 330 P4 - Ford Mk IV - Jaguar XJ13
(GT-P2) Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM - Shelby Daytona Coupe
(GT-O) Corvette Racing C3 - Dino 246GT - Ferrari 250GTB - Ferrari 250GTO - Shelby Cobra ‘Chromeline’ - Shelby Mustang GT350 - Toyota 2000GT
oo I shall have to have a look :)

thanks mate

It was kind of lonely race (compared to LeMans). I just concentrate to make it clean and without damaged - done it. Only exciting times were when lapping GT-O's - especially top drivers because they were so close to each other and I didn't want to interfere with they fight anyway.
Let's see what happen next season and what car I'll drive - I don't want to be alone in GT-P2 (with Camaro) class so may be I'll go GT-O. That class seems to have all the fun.
oo I shall have to have a look :)

thanks mate
Patris is in a P2 Shelby. P1 is full.

When you say "full", that means 2 per car...? That would mean 6 drivers in P1, 4(?) only in P2 and just 6 in GT-O...? It might be getting a little crowded with classes (and lonely on the tracks) it seems...
6 in GTP, who knows about P2 GTO split. P2 may only be a season anyway.

I love it how people choose cars just based on personal preference and not how they feel driving it in the final specifications. (when they will be announced...)

And then usually start complaining about it as soon as they do... :lol:
this is why I'm not totally confirmed lol, I might not even drive either of them :lol:

I love it how people choose cars just based on personal preference and not how they feel driving it in the final specifications. (when they will be announced...)

Eh, that doesn't matter as much here as it does in ToCA.

....It might be getting a little crowded with classes (and lonely on the tracks) it seems...

3 classes with only 16 spots is simply too many. 8 in each is little as it is.

No one likes races with 4 or less cars in their class.

Said all this to Furi....

I'm testing 3 cars this season

I'm testing 3 cars this season

Wise decision! 👍

After season thread launch with car specs I'll post all BoP-setups, so you shouldn't have to do too much work except for setting gears according to track, if you don't want to. All you will need to start testing is some credits to buy the cars, which only in 2 cases is admittedly very expensive.

Wise decision! 👍

After season thread launch with car specs I'll post all BoP-setups, so you shouldn't have to do too much work except for setting gears according to track, if you don't want to. All you will need to start testing is some credits to buy the cars, which only in 2 cases is admittedly very expensive.

Then its good I have all 3 cars to test. 2 in one class and 1 in another.

My avatar gives one away :lol:

Back