FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,048 comments
Not supercars by any means, but I came across these on a classifieds site:

20v Quattro in immaculate condition. Maybe the last chance to buy such a mint example of this legend?
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C123998/

Rare BMW 525iX (4x4) with relatively good mileage for year for the price of a decent TV
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C120471/

The first car I learnt to drive in. Austin Metro is exceptional condition, seems like a steal at the price.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C126759/

I wouldn't go so far as call 525ix rare.. they're as common as 325ix's here.

Oh? Are you in North America? I'm from England and I had never heard of a 4x4 BMW until the X5 came along. The owner states that there were only 2000 525iX's produced which is not that many more than the number of Ferrari F40's which left the gates at Maranello.

Carrera GT's seem to be a bit cheaper in the USA than the UK... a good one over here is £300k, which is around c.$450k!

That place has some proper dream cars...

Ferrari 250GT Lusso
Lambourghini Muira
300SL Raodster

But my favorite has to be the Ferrari 340 America Spyder... eyewateringly beautiful!

340America.jpg

Last edited:
That looks more like a Cisitalia than a Ferrari. Probably the same coach builder.

The roofed version looks a little similar, but the Cisitalia was the quintessential Pinin Farina design of all time; the 340s didn't have any Pinin in or on them - all assembled by various other coachbuilders.

The bodywork for the car above is by Vignale according to the blurb... one of only 4 ever built.

$1.25 million... and probably would be a lot higher if it had the correct engine - the original engine is included in the sale, but has a cracked cylinder, which given the age of the car might cost a few $$$'s to fix!

Carrera GT's seem to be a bit cheaper in the USA than the UK... a good one over here is £300k, which is around c.$450k!
What kind of miles is a "good one"? I can find you a 2,500 mile & under model for $430K here as well. Hit 5,000+ & we're talking $370,000 average.

What kind of miles is a "good one"? I can find you a 2,500 mile & under model for $430K here as well. Hit 5,000+ & we're talking $370,000 average.

UK Price selection...

2004, silver, 3k miles £349k
2005, black, 10k miles £300k
2004, silver, 14k miles £245k

I've officially gone green...

With envy. :ill:

You know when you find a staggeringly gorgeous and rare car for sale less than 1/2 mile from where you live, but just can't quite afford it?
What could possibly make the feeling worse?

The bastards went and found another one!
Now they've got 2 that I can't afford. :lol: I think they're taunting me. :(

jealousys.jpg

I'm a little puzzled about the fact that the 1971 has an earlier s/n & engine # than the 1970 one though...

I just want the red one now, so I can re-enact the opening scenes of The Italian Job. (Minus the huge digger & The Mafia, of course!) :lol:
I wonder, if I traded in my 911 for it...
Damn. Still $460,000 short. :(

Ask for a loan from the bank and tell them how great an investment this car will be. You payments should only be a few thousand a month.

Oh it definitely has to be a supra MK4

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

The supra would need the heart of an OX, like this one:

DSC00379.jpg

1,250whp on boost, it also has a 150 shot to spool up the turbo.
Best ET of 8.37 at 174 :)

it's only 44k too:grumpy:

I've officially gone green...

With envy. :ill:

You know when you find a staggeringly gorgeous and rare car for sale less than 1/2 mile from where you live, but just can't quite afford it?
What could possibly make the feeling worse?

The bastards went and found another one!
Now they've got 2 that I can't afford. :lol: I think they're taunting me. :(

jealousys.jpg

I'm a little puzzled about the fact that the 1971 has an earlier s/n & engine # than the 1970 one though...

What's the next colour you get to after green? I've gone it... :(
Not happy to taunt me with 2 Lambo Miura's outside my pricerange, they've now acquired another! Is there a word to describe 3 of the World's sexiest, rarest and undoubtably last really actually cool Lambos for sale within 0.5 miles of your home? :ill:

miuras.jpg

The blue one is still mine, OK? I'm still saving for it and it has my reservation on it. Sadly the 911 isn't quite the part-ex they're looking for and I've a little saving to still to do! :lol:
You guys can fight over the red and the black ones. Deal? :P

Latest Posts

Back