FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,048 comments
470k-plus kms...? That's an unusually high mileage for an R34. I wonder what sort of life it lived... It doesn't look even remotely rough from where I'm sitting.

Criminal.
3A9E311F-DE45-48BA-BCD5-E1DA9F011287.jpeg
13399CE8-81B2-4A75-84C1-276BCEA5EAB9.jpeg

I agree it's a shame it's never been driven, but it's clear it was an owner who saw a future fortune sitting on it as it comes every single accessory including the watch. Given the condition of the example just sold a couple months back, this is easily a $20 million car with everything you'd ever need included.

I agree it's a shame it's never been driven, but it's clear it was an owner who saw a future fortune sitting on it as it comes every single accessory including the watch. Given the condition of the example just sold a couple months back, this is easily a $20 million car with everything you'd ever need included.

Anyone spending that money on one is likely thinking of it as purely an investment. It's next owner is probably just going to put it straight back into hermetically-sealed storage.

The ad doesn't mention anything about it having been regularly serviced or reconditioned after storage. I'd guess that getting it road worthy again would be expensive after it's been sat for 20 years.

Surely with the way values are for F1s even if the new owner driver it it would still continue to appreciate?

Surely with the way values are for F1s even if the new owner driver it it would still continue to appreciate?

Why spend $20m on one when you can spend $10m on a used one which will still be incredibly well looked after? (as i imagine they all are)

As soon as you start using your 'still-in-the-wrapper' F1 it's value will start to slow since it's now just another 'used' F1. It only retains that hike in value due to being unused.

Thinking about this yellow F1 I think it's one of the few super/hypercars that doesn't pull off bright colors well. I think they look best in darker shades, like a green, a purple, red, or blue.

Also, I found it funny that it's listed as RHD, which of course has something to do with it being a Japanese car, but still. Unless that isn't referring to the wheel position at all... but what could it be?
Tom-Hartley-JNR-McLaren-F1-9-1000x750.jpg

Also, I found it funny that it's listed as RHD, which of course has something to do with it being a Japanese car, but still. Unless that isn't referring to the wheel position at all... but what could it be?

The gear stick is to the right of the driver, just as it would be on a LHD car. So perhaps it's something to do with Japanese laws regarding LHD cars?

Why spend $20m on one when you can spend $10m on a used one which will still be incredibly well looked after? (as i imagine they all are)

As soon as you start using your 'still-in-the-wrapper' F1 it's value will start to slow since it's now just another 'used' F1. It only retains that hike in value due to being unused.
This one’s value may take a hit once you start driving it, but nothing significantly as long as it’s resold with every single accessory. Put 5,000 miles on it and resale it, it’ll still command $15 million with ease.

F1s rarely come on the market, so they’re typically dictated by whatever the last one or two went for meaning the odds of them being acquired for $10m anymore are going to be low. The F1 is one of those rare cars like the GTO that are excluded from the convential way of detereming values.

The gear stick is to the right of the driver, just as it would be on a LHD car. So perhaps it's something to do with Japanese laws regarding LHD cars?
I'm struggling to find any good information in a quick search, but my guess is it just has to do with the country the car is delivered to and their regulations.

I think it has to do with the county it was built, if the county is RHD it will have to say RHD to make it legal.
HERE a pic of page for an F1 built for Germany and it says LHD
The shifter is on the right cause F1 race cars had it on the right side.

$35K for something with a salvage title is too much, but I'm not going to be surprised if that's still worth $20-25,000. Pantera prices have jumped in the last decade; a solid example starts at $80,000 & they run well into the 6 figures. GT5s are priced around $160-$200,000.

Last edited:
Back