FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,048 comments
IIRC, they tried to rebrand or reshape those GT1s into a similar car that I think used the LT5? I'm confident that iteration went nowhere.

Beyond those 5 homologation NSX-R GTs, this is as rare as it gets for a NSX. 1 of 30 Type S Zeros, this car fresh out of Japan now in Hong Kong at HK$3,280,000.00. I think that's somewhere over $400,000 US dollars.
nsx11.jpg

nsx21.jpg

https://www.contempoconcept.com/product-page/honda-nsx-type-s-zero-1

My understanding is that it doesn't have AC, so the fact that the AC controls and vents are prominently displayed there on the dash throws me off a little. I guess it's just a fan.

Midnight Purple II R34 GT-R on BaT. Currently legalized under Show & Display (something I've read only the Midnight Purple cars specifically meet for some reason), bid is currently at $253K with 5 days left.
1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_1622592192f3b2253e7Rory-Seerden-DSC_9549-scaled.jpg

1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_16232946760611b920a492f3b2Rory-Seerden-DSC_9546.jpg

1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_1622591102e7401f0611Rory-Seerden-DSC_9396-scaled.jpg

1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_162259193801f0611b920a4Rory-Seerden-DSC_9513-scaled.jpg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-nissan-skyline-gt-r-3/

I think the R34 market will be wild when the 1st model years are legalized here in the US. Could definitely see folks over-paying for non-GT-R models the way they did on some R32s. Any of ya'll who currently have R34s in your country, I would offer advice to snatch 'em up. There's enough people in the states who will overpay you for the bragging rights to own a R34 first.

Last edited:
Midnight Purple II R34 GT-R on BaT. Currently legalized under Show & Display (something I've read only the Midnight Purple cars specifically meet for some reason), bid is currently at $253K with 5 days left.
1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_1622592192f3b2253e7Rory-Seerden-DSC_9549-scaled.jpg

1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_16232946760611b920a492f3b2Rory-Seerden-DSC_9546.jpg

1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_1622591102e7401f0611Rory-Seerden-DSC_9396-scaled.jpg

1999_nissan_skyline_gt-r_162259193801f0611b920a4Rory-Seerden-DSC_9513-scaled.jpg

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-nissan-skyline-gt-r-3/

I think the R34 market will be wild when the 1st model years are legalized here in the US. Could definitely see folks over-paying for non-GT-R models the way they did on some R32s. Any of ya'll who currently have R34s in your country, I would offer advice to snatch 'em up. There's enough people in the states who will overpay you for the bragging rights to own a R34 first.

GT-Ts are already close to what GT-Rs were half a decade ago in non USA countries.

Your only bet is plane jane non turbos, but with the money of RB26es etc, that's not really too viable either. They didn't really work out for R32s - the CA18s really weren't worth a lot. Better off investing in non-turbo S15s.

The R34 is the last beautiful, gorgeous and very interesting of the GT-R line. Too bad they aren't available in LHD (ex-factory).

1977 Holden Torana A9X hatchback has sold for $800K. One of 33 ‘GMP&A’ models. All 33 were sold to race teams. This particularly one was bought by Ron Hodgson Motors as a spare car and never saw the track.

Rare-Torana-GMPA.jpg
RARE-Torana-A9X-Hatch-GMP-A-475kms-1-of-33-ENGINE.jpg
It was built up from a spare shell so I'm damn sure I wouldn't have paid that sort of money for a car that doesn't know what it is. It's really just a mock-up A9X road car that's not road legal (no compliance plate) with a race ready chassis that doesn't have any racing pedigree.

Great cars.... if you can get a real one!

It's really just a mock-up A9X road car that's not road legal (no compliance plate)
I imagine much like a lot of Aussie stuff that's being snapped up at the moment. Whoever bought it was probably not going to register it anyway.

Got to be honest. I don't know much about the GMP&A Torana's. No compliance plate is weird. Even for a race car because a fair few of Group C stuff back in those dayswere put back to road cars. 🤔 I can see the desirability given there weren't many built. 800K is an insane amount of money though.

Last edited:
I imagine much like a lot of Aussie stuff that's being snapped up at the moment. Whoever bought it was probably not going to register it anyway.

Got to be honest. I don't know much about the GMP&A Torana's. No compliance plate is weird. Even for a race car because a fair few of Group C stuff back in those dayswere put back to road cars. 🤔 I can see the desirability given there weren't many built. 800K is an insane amount of money though.
I actually didn't know anything at all about these chassis until this auction came up so I checked out the Lloyds auction page which piqued my interest, and lead to speaking to some more knowledgeable Holden guys I know about them.

It was probably because Holden had cheated with these 33 chassis's that they weren't fitted with compliance plates. they were different in many respects from the road going ones.... and other race ones for that matter.

From the Lloyds page:

They were not assigned VIN numbers. There was considerable up roar from the other teams when the word got out that Holden had produced the shells with lighter gauge steel, making them considerably lighter than standard production shells, which they were supposed to be. Internal and external pressings, parts such as hinges and bumpers were lighter and even the glass in the rear hatch was 1mm thinner than on production cars.

Items such as bumper over-riders, the radio and spray-on sound deadening material were legitimately homologated as not being included on these 33 cars. CAMS investigated in late 1977 and Holden quickly and not un-typically, threatened to withdraw from racing if the shells were not going to be accepted. Holden explained the variance as a result of changing to metric- which curiously had not affected other vehicles. Individual racing teams fitted out the shells to their own specification, though broadly the same as each-other to fit within the regulations.

Typical of Holden of that era, ''If you don't let us cheat to win we'll take our bat and ball and go home'' [insert the old rolls eyes emoji here]

Didn't we use to have a member who was ecstatic over Lister Storms? B/c they'd probably be excited to learn there's not 1, but 2 of the Storm race cars up for sale this year. According to Fiskens who's selling GTM002, 18 Storms were produced over 10 years. They must exchange hands almost exclusively off market, as I have seen GTM005 listed twice in recent years, and this is the first I've seen of another.

GTM002 (#53119) though, is likely the most iconic and desirable as it won the 2000 FIA GT Championship for the team & driver's championship for Jamie Campbell-Water & Julian Bailey. There is no price available, but given the est. value of GTM005, I'd wager it being a FIA GT winning car pushes it comfortably around 7 figures.
902bd2c5-d428-4d65-829a-e501fe4ac331.jpg

6bf35fbd-1b00-4efe-a45c-b42f3ad12258.jpg

GTM005 (#53122) is technically not up for sale until November, but the announcement of it & other race cars from the Guikas Collection was made in the last day or so. As far as I can dig up, this model wasn't quite as successful as her sister. Wiki shows she finished 3rd in 2001, and then 2nd in 2002 & 2003. Campbell-Water seems to have been the factory's main driver and making the car a strong competitor all 4 years until 2004 when he moved to another Lister team and could not replicate the success. RM currently est. GTM005 to be around 550,000-700,000 Euros.
Caafae6c2edbc6f1cdda1ad4e5eb967729ce7110.jpg

462545ce6363fcd61db87689a7cc21a911247c44.jpg

I told my wife about you tagging me for this car and boy did she have some choice words for you (in jest of course)

Wife: ''You tell him you don't need any help with any more cars, you're bad enough without any encouragement. How much is it?

Me: ''200k atm.''

Her: ''Where does he live, I'll tell him a thing or two''

Me: ''NSW I think''

Her: ''They've gotta come outta lockdown sooner or later [shaking fist]''

I've left out the choice words :sly:

20210726_133539.jpg

Me: ''NSW I think''
Yes. Somewhere in NSW. You'll understand if that's as specific as I ever get though. :nervous:😂

Sweet poster. Always had a soft spot for the Ford Credit livery. Just made for a nice looking car.

Last edited:
Yes. Somewhere in NSW. You'll understand if that's as specific as I ever get though. :nervous:😂
:lol:👍

Sweet poster. Always had a soft spot for the Ford Credit livery. Just made for a nice looking car.
I was lucky to get it as it came straight from the Bridgestone factory. A fella I new was working there when it shut down and new of my fondness for Ford memorabilia. I did like that car in it's EF form more though... again, I may be a bit biased because I had one back in the day.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back