FS: rare sales!

• Thread starter exigeracer
  • 2,048 comments
Porsche 911 964 turbo flatnose
IMG_2802.a.jpg

It's not in the US. Even the Diablo GT, the road going sister car, is not legal here. Both cars have to be registered under the Show and Display law.

The GTR isn't a car you want to enjoy on the streets anyway.

-> Then I'll dump it in the Philippines (as long it's LHD, I'm good) or at the Isle of Mann (once I have a ranch over there). The US is a piss-poor place to own gems like this. :indiff:

-> Then I'll dump it in the Philippines (as long it's LHD, I'm good) or at the Isle of Mann (once I have a ranch over there). The US is a piss-poor place to own gems like this. :indiff:
I don't exactly see how; you can still track it which is its entire purpose & what US owners have done.

Like I said, the GTR is a terrible car to drive on the streets anyway. No insulation of any kind, no a/c or radio, completely straight-piped exhaust, etc. Diablos are notorious for heavy clutches & this is a model that multiplies that by 10. It's not going to be any better anywhere else in the world.

I don't exactly see how; you can still track it which is its entire purpose & what US owners have done.

Like I said, the GTR is a terrible car to drive on the streets anyway. No insulation of any kind, no a/c or radio, completely straight-piped exhaust, etc. Diablos are notorious for heavy clutches & this is a model that multiplies that by 10. It's not going to be any better anywhere else in the world.
Not to mention it's a race car, so the stiff suspension will probably break your spine when you drive over anything bigger than a large leaf.

Undoubtedly rare, and a lovely looking thing, but I can't see why anyone would buy it unless it's purely an 'investment'.

Stock RS's aren't great road cars to start with (far too hard), and one with no interior is going to be even worse... noisy as well as uncomfortable (and not really that fast). And who's going to track a £250k RS? May as well go buy yourself a proper Cup car, which will cost one third of the price and will be much more effective on track.

And who's going to track a £250k RS? May as well go buy yourself a proper Cup car, which will cost one third of the price and will be much more effective on track.

👍 £56,000 gets you an immaculate, low-milage 2008 GT3 Cup with a spares package. Would be so much quicker on track and if locked away as an investment, would probably be just as good in the long term.

👍 £56,000 gets you an immaculate, low-milage 2008 GT3 Cup with a spares package. Would be so much quicker on track and if locked away as an investment, would probably be just as good in the long term.

That's lovely, and a far more sensible way to go than any modern GT3/4/RS 👍

A rebuilt gearbox is a massive benefit... the sequentials in Cup cars are notoriously weak and a rebuild used to cost c.£25k (I think the price has dropped recently).

I saw a German registered GT3 Cup on the M40 last Friday... driver and passenger both wearing ear defenders :lol:

6742a903-ee92-4449-88d1-f8cc3621695b.jpg

No idea, but I suspect the internals on a sequential are reasonably complex! A guy on PH (who has extensive racing experience in 911's) swapped the sequential in the 996 Cup he uses for track days to a stock 6 speed manual.

A gearbox and diff rebuild for my boggo 996 cost nearly £5k :crazy:

Porsche tax.

Back