FT-86 and GT5, take your lap from Real Life to GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snaeper
  • 70 comments
  • 4,483 views
I resume this in my words and my thoughts:

I want a car and track, NOTHING MORE.

Download the Time trial demo then :sly: There are 2 cars on that! :D
 
As long as The Stig uploads his ghost cars upto GT5 for us to download, that 99.99999% of disinterest becomes the opposite. For me at least

Yea I'm sure this tech could be available in a little GPS unit from Denso that Top Gear could put in every car they test. And viola. That would be sweet.
 
To bad this feature doesn't work the other way around.
 
Quite frankly, as things stand this will probably get as much use as the psp as a rearview mirror, oh wait...
 
Looking at this from the publicity side of things it's getting people interested in the 86 to maybe look into a ps3/gt5 while gt fans are talking about the 86 more than ever now. The jury may be out on the usefullness of this feature ,whether it's pointless or not, but it's pd's continued work at linking their franchise with the auto industry happenings. They counter promote eachother. With this pd has taken on a role that is beyond just the game itself.
 
I think its a cool idea and it looks like it will work pretty well.

Also its not just a gimmick it is also about PD building more and more bonds within the automotive business in general, This isn't just about GT.
 
Yea I'm sure this tech could be available in a little GPS unit from Denso that Top Gear could put in every car they test. And viola. That would be sweet.

Just what I was thinking as i read through the thread, race against the stig or JC in the cars they test or the star in the reasonably priced car. And the possiblility of the real GT5 tracks being featured on the show.
 
Totally!!! how many users of GT have an FT86? WTF!!!!

Or Kaz its going crazy or SONY put the ******* marketing noose.

Anyway WTF!!!!!
There have been dozens of these collaborations ever since GT3. It's nothing new.
 
How about someone create a DASHBOARD like this for hardcore SIM racers?
toyota-ft-86-gauge-cluster.jpg


By the way, how much will the Toyota cost? Will there be a budget version as well?
 
In my opinion, It's something interesting to have, with great potential. But I agree that it's useless for...erm...99.98% of GT players in this form. What are the chances a GT5 player has of owning a car with this GPS system? And the chances the car can be taken to a track? And the chances the track he took the car to exists as well in GT5?
 
At least this technology has proven that Toyota do want to put the Hachi-Roku Mark II (as I have christened it) into production.
 
What a total waste of time.

Agreed, there has to be so many much more important things to work on not including that the fans wanted this game out a good year ago.

Silly little nonsense like this just serves as a distraction for PD while things that fans have been begging for for years have been shunned.
 
Oh P-lease! You're all having a go because you don't think its relevant? Its a car show, of course they are going to reveal technologies that have no use just yet!

Is it so hard to take the idea a few steps further with your imagination? 💡
 
The feature itself I'm sure is not just limited to the FT-86 (and the ISF). Most racing cars in FIA GT series- GT1,2,3 and 4 (I'm not sure about F1) use GPS tracking and data collection. RTR (Real-Time Racing:http://www.real-timeracing.com/) using the same technology although with Simbin racing sims at the moment.

With the same technology in GT5, you can't either download the same data that will probably made available (ie. racing against real racers at the Nordschleife or Spa) or even race real time. It would be interesting if there will be an affiliation between RTR and PD which would allow you to race real-time in real races.
 
I think this is big news,not because of the potential for ghost data,or stig/star in a reasonably priced car data (would be amazing) but it could be a first glimpse of how detailed the in-game telemetry system will be.
Add that with the potential wind tunnel portion of the game,it could open up an extreme level of tuning yet seen in a console or even Pc sim.
I loved seeing my car data in GTR running on the MOTEC application,and if GT5's telemitry system works like that,it's a big +1 from me.
 
What would be really clever would be to have an in car projector making an image on a real windscreen that is a ghost of your lap from GT5.
 
Interesting. I would love to see how PD handles this feature to be useful to most users. If they do well on this, it will definitely be a leap for GT series.
 
Thanks for the PRICE news guys.
I was thinking at around 2012 buing a brand new Subaru impreza, now I will buy a TOYOTA!
 
Utterly pointless, Even if you have an FT-86 you would still have to have a track that is also in the game available.
 
This is great, IMO.

Rich people that buy expensive cars now have a good reason to buy a PS3, GT5, and a 3DTV.
 
Obviously this feature wont be of much use to many of us but its still a nice feature to have available.

However I'm much more interested in what else the inclusion of this technology could mean. It would be possible to put these GPS trackers in the NASCAR vehicles, IRL cars and whatever other series GT5 brings us, whilst they are racing, therefore we could theoretically take part in real live races.

I believe there is a UK based company working on similar technology and I wonder if PD have teamed with them to bring this to GT5. It would be a good feature to have.
 
Obviously this feature wont be of much use to many of us but its still a nice feature to have available.

However I'm much more interested in what else the inclusion of this technology could mean. It would be possible to put these GPS trackers in the NASCAR vehicles, IRL cars and whatever other series GT5 brings us, whilst they are racing, therefore we could theoretically take part in real live races.

I believe there is a UK based company working on similar technology and I wonder if PD have teamed with them to bring this to GT5. It would be a good feature to have.

That is more useless than this GPS thing. If I'm interested in a race(lets just say an F1 race to appease everyone) I would obviously rather watch it than play a videogame that mimics it.
 
Utterly pointless, Even if you have an FT-86 you would still have to have a track that is also in the game available.

We don't know that it will be only on that car. I'm choosing to assume otherwise, and that the GPS system may go on sale to use in any vehicle.

It won't be good at first because there arn't really enough tracks in GT. Maybe in 5-10 years this thing will really shine. We have no evidence to support the theory this is the reason behind the delay of the release from 31st of March, no more than the dashboard for the Nissan GTR really.
 
It would be possible to put these GPS trackers in the NASCAR vehicles,

Do you really need GPS to tell you to turn left?

We don't know that it will be only on that car. I'm choosing to assume otherwise, and that the GPS system may go on sale to use in any vehicle.

definitely. denso can most likely sell the tech to anyone they want.
 
Back