FT-86 and GT5, take your lap from Real Life to GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snaeper
  • 70 comments
  • 4,483 views
That is more useless than this GPS thing. If I'm interested in a race(lets just say an F1 race to appease everyone) I would obviously rather watch it than play a videogame that mimics it.

Sorry I said live but obviously it would be possible to also do this after the race. It may also be a means by which Europeans like myself could see IRL or NASCAR races which are not aired live here and internet streams arent exactly dependable nor legal.

dave_sz
Do you really need GPS to tell you to turn left?
:lol:
Lets not start a NASCAR argument though.
 
That is more useless than this GPS thing. If I'm interested in a race(lets just say an F1 race to appease everyone) I would obviously rather watch it than play a videogame that mimics it.

So you see comparisons like this:



Wouldn't you rather you could race against the ghost laps of the top F1 drivers etc.?

This technology has so many possibilities, but the Motor Racing industry has to embrace it to fully realise it's potential. My bet is SuperGT will be the first to adopt it.
 
So you see comparisons like this:

Wouldn't you rather you could race against the ghost laps of the top F1 drivers etc.?

This technology has so many possibilities, but the Motor Racing industry has to embrace it to fully realise it's potential. My bet is SuperGT will be the first to adopt it.

Yes, but doing it at the same time as when they are actually racing would make it hard to view the race(And could result in lower TV ratings which would mean less money for the series). I wouldn't be bad if you could do it after the race has taken place.
 
Yes, but doing it at the same time as when they are actually racing would make it hard to view the race(And could result in lower TV ratings which would mean less money for the series). I wouldn't be bad if you could do it after the race has taken place.

Oh yeah of course, i don't think it could be transmitted live, the data would have to be compiled and uploaded onto PSN to download.
 
Yes, but doing it at the same time as when they are actually racing would make it hard to view the race(And could result in lower TV ratings which would mean less money for the series). I wouldn't be bad if you could do it after the race has taken place.

I see no reason why you couldnt, at least for a limited time after the event, possibly one month or until the next round, because I'm sure the TV companies who own the rights to distribution of these events would want their cut and their complete rights back after a certain time.
 
Dudes, chill !

It's pretty obvious that Denso would have had the lions share to make this thing work, PD would only have had to create some software to read and import GPS data.

And who's to say this feature won't be expanded upon in the future, maybe used in the WRC events somehow?

Seriously people, I highly doubt this is the reason GT5 was delayed in Japan, like I said, it's more of a Denso thing.
 
Dudes, chill !

It's pretty obvious that Denso would have had the lions share to make this thing work, PD would only have had to create some software to read and import GPS data.

And who's to say this feature won't be expanded upon in the future, maybe used in the WRC events somehow?

Seriously people, I highly doubt this is the reason GT5 was delayed in Japan, like I said, it's more of a Denso thing.

I agree, this had nothing to do with the delay. Sony wanting to spread its income out a little has a lot more to do with the delay.
 
I agree, this had nothing to do with the delay. Sony wanting to spread its income out a little has a lot more to do with the delay.

Yep, Sony are really starting to piss me off, well, to be honest, they started that along time ago but thats another story.

There surely must come a time when customer satisfaction comes before pleasing shareholders? We can but dream !
 
So you see comparisons like this:



Wouldn't you rather you could race against the ghost laps of the top F1 drivers etc.?

This technology has so many possibilities, but the Motor Racing industry has to embrace it to fully realise it's potential. My bet is SuperGT will be the first to adopt it.


OMG! even the clouds are pretty close.
 
Great feature! Think about it! We can race against all the laptimes record with this thing. I think it already exist in IRacing. Alredy saw somthing like this on the net but can´t find it now . One step further and we can download a hole race, that we saw the day before on the TV and drive with them?

Dont know how sympathetic the police would be when you get pulled over in downtown Tokyo after trying to set a good laptime.

Ha, verry good :cheers:
 
So you see comparisons like this:



Wouldn't you rather you could race against the ghost laps of the top F1 drivers etc.?

This technology has so many possibilities, but the Motor Racing industry has to embrace it to fully realise it's potential. My bet is SuperGT will be the first to adopt it.


The speed of the real life video was changed so it fits.
This is a better comparison:

Sorry, couldnt resist.^^
 
Back