United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
448.jpg

Spain
Barcelona
topu999
If I had the money, this would be one of the first cars I'd buy. And I'd drive it a lot too, resale value be damned.

I had heard the story of Merc buying an F1 to develop the CLK-GTR but I never knew that they replaced it's body with that of the CLK. Are there any pictures of it?

Joey D

Premium
United States
Holladay, UT
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
If I had the money, this would be one of the first cars I'd buy. And I'd drive it a lot too, resale value be damned.

I had heard the story of Merc buying an F1 to develop the CLK-GTR but I never knew that they replaced it's body with that of the CLK. Are there any pictures of it?

I only found a few:

18fbdqv64psicjpg.jpg

Link 'cos rude word

They're from this Flickr

It's sort of a weird mismash of McLaren parts and Mercedes bits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Downhill Dino

Premium
United States
Maryland
DownhillDinosaur
More a fan of the other cars of its era? Or is the GT1 class not your cup of tea? Just curious.

United States
Southfield, Detroit
BroncoFLHX
Hmm yes, this would make a fine addition. I shall park next to the 250 GTO but not too close to the GT40, as those ardoous doors wouldn’t be able to open fully.

Or perhaps I shall park next to the other one?

-Fred-

This is a custom title
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Somewhere.
Upon learning of Fred's betrayal, Jordan begins to question what else his staff has hidden from him. :lol:

:ouch:

Welp, there goes my plan of asking if a moderating spot was re-opening... :lol:

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Is this GT sport photomod?
Is... this car that isn't in GT Sport, in a thread about an article about this car heading to auction at Sothebys, in the Cars in General forum, actually GT Sport photomode?

Is that what you're asking? Really?

Robin

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I love this so much, for me it's the greatest supercar ever made and it also has a lot more stylistic character than many if it's competitors both past and present because it actually looks like a road car instead of just a track prototype painted a solid colour.

It's such a disappointment that the new one (can't even remember its name it's so uninteresting) looks absolutely nothing like a Mercedes. I was hoping for a true spiritual successor to this.

Last edited:
Netherlands
Netherlands
Pfff, this car is nothing compared to a proper 911.

:lol:
911's are just very fast VW beetles. Never understood the appeal of them. In the automative world no brand beats that 3 pointed star.

edit: spelling correction beetles and not beatles. thank you @TexRex

Last edited:
Greece
Greece
geo_opel_tigra
i know that this car isnt in gts but its look like a gt sport photomode !
i ask because maybe this is a hide* for a new update! :cheers: