Full GRID Track List Revealed: 13 Locations, Over 80 Layouts at Launch

I was really looking forward to making this game a first day purchase, but this this track list and the car list are very underwhelming. :(
Eh, I think it sounds decent enough. Plus, 80 layouts does sound quite sizable.

The list is quite sparse at release, but do bear in mind Codies are pursuing a live service model with GRID. If the "Seasons" work the same way they do in GRID as they do in DiRT Rally 2.0, we should expect a new track every four weeks and with 3 confirmed seasons, at least 8-9 months of regular content updates.

Furthermore, Codemasters already has an extensive list of permanent road circuits thanks to the asset library of the F1 games and previous installments of GRID. Hopefully, fan favourites such as Spa, Bathurst, Algarve, COTA and so on are prioritized.

The real world locations have my interest. Plus, that car list is so diverse, I can see me replicating Touring Car Masters, Historic Touring Cars(Group A), S5000(Formula cars) type races, TCR Asia & TCR Australia, (V8)Supercars, World TIME ATTACK, and much much more. :)

Shame there's not even 20 separate locations at the moment, but I know for a fact they're working on adding more as soon as possible.

Probably not gonna be picking this up until it's on sale with more content, but the game is looking pretty promising overall. Just needs a little time to cook in the oven I think.

On the bright side, the proper tracks at least outnumber the fictional street circuits, which is nice. I'm still hyped for this primarily due to the car list. Hoping that the track list gets a healthy amount of love over the games lifetime.

Yikes, that's weak. I'll definitely wait for a sale then. Too bad; would have been a day one purchase if not for this list.

So torn on this game...
Diverse cars - but when you get into it few per class, e.g. unless I'm mistaken only the Commodore for VASC, and few per class after that. Easy to add more I suppose, but smacks of licensing issues.

Tracks - as per above, lackluster is a great description. Bearing in mind that Grid Autosport had a Bathurst track 'configuration' that was reverse I'm not convinced on the list as per others.

I so want a new game to play that'll be both fun & engaging, but I'm struggling with this one being that. Hmmm.

The reason the track list is lackluster is quite simple: DLC.

Codemasters is doing this strategy for many years, sadly

Assuming 80 routes and half of them being reverse, I hope the 40 routes in it are unique enough on the fictional tracks to keep the game interesting while waiting for the DLC tracks.

So 3 of the 13 locations are from F1 2019. COTA and Spa seem like a given for DLC, and Yas Marina, Red Bull Ring, Hockenheim also seem like possibilities. I wouldn't mind having Suzuka, Interlagos and Montreal, but probably less likely.

It is sad that there is no Bathurst, Laguna Seca, Nurburgring or Le Mans.

Last edited:
Eh, I think it sounds decent enough. Plus, 80 layouts does sound quite sizable.

That's just over 6 layouts per location on average. Now I know that Codemasters have been busy - it must have taken at least half the development time to lay all of those cones.

Gran Turismo 7
GTR 3
Assetto Corsa 2
Project CARS 3
Forza Horizon 5 Asia
Forza Motorsport 8
Rfactor 3
Automobilista 2
RaceRoom Racing 2
F1 2020
iRacing 2

Coming Soon・・・

The game is definitely missing the Le Mans circuit from the real world ones. I'll be waiting for a sale anyway, maybe GRID will get more post-launch content involving new tracks.

Strange that they haven't announced the season pass, IMHO this game is just a visual update of autosport with some content enhanced in order to make some money, and it shows in the car/track lists

It's not even 13 locations, because Okutama GP and Okutama Sprint both share significant parts of the same track (Sprint just added extra touge roads to the main GP circuit and made it point-to-point instead of a loop). Anyway, I'm hoping time of day and weather can make the tracks feel less repetitive because I can tell you from the previous game that the multiple layouts do get old quick.

I've not much interest in GRID beyond being able to play the new tracks in VR once the inevitable AC conversions trickle out. Okutama from GRID Autosport remains one of my all-time favourite fictional tracks but I imagine any changes will be relatively minor. Havana looks interesting though.

The game is definitely missing the Le Mans circuit from the real world ones. I'll be waiting for a sale anyway, maybe GRID will get more post-launch content involving new tracks.
Could be licensing costs. Or planned as DLC, idk.

Latest Posts

Back