Fun car

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shane001
  • 35 comments
  • 2,082 views
Messages
5
I have next to unlimited money and would like a fun road car (tial out) difficult to control with lots of oversteer

Any Suggestions
Shane
 
The TVR Speed 12 is the most difficult to control that I've come across.
 
The Speed 12, incredible performance, tricky to master but it's fast as **** when you do. The back end does tend to get loose with it's 850Bhp stock (after oil change) straight to the rear wheels.
 
I was thinking the Shelby Cobra

How much is the TVR speed 12 anyway?

Thanks for the replys
 
200 and odd k, around 280, it's faster than the Cobra and a lot cheaper anyway. The Cobra is good but needs a lot of work on it, it tops out far too early.
 
Shane001
I was thinking the Shelby Cobra

How much is the TVR speed 12 anyway?

Thanks for the replys


no way the shelby is a lovely drive just like the speed 12 you cant go flatout and need some practice on cornering, i personally drift my shelby on occasions with its weight taking it around bends and the stunning engine roaring away.
 
I really like the Lotus Carlton which shows up in the Used 90's lot, nothing but wheel spin once the turbo's kick in. :D
 
The (too) obvious choice for the most fun and rewarding car to drive (not to mention tail happy) would be the RUF Yellowbird. Its far and away my favorite car to race around the ring... very fast when you can get it on the edge without snap oversteer..

The Ford GT also has tricky handling (mainly on braking) but is very fast when learned...
Speed 12 is obviously a good one 👍
 
97 Toyota MR2 GT-S. I think it's a fun car to drive.
 
The Lancia Stratos. It will drift as far as you want it until you hit he gas and it instantly straightens out. Kinda surprising at first.
 
Sanjko
I suggest a 97 Toyota Supra RZ.

i agree if this the twin turbo one i smoked my tires in 6 gear all the way aound trail mountian get this car and you'll have to blow on your ds2 button instead pushing it with your thumb. :crazy:
 
I like the Mercedes 190 Evo Touring Car. It has awesome handle. I DO NOT find the Speed 12 fun to drive... at all. And even though that yellowbird has horrible oversteer, I still think its an enjoyable car
 
Sti04
97 Toyota MR2 GT-S. I think it's a fun car to drive.

actually the old mr2s are nice and taily! :)

the carlton and yella bird would be my choice too
 
I'm not sure if is more fun or scary to drive. But the Nissan R89C Race Car with Turbo upgrade and hard racing tires. YIKES! That'll get you're heart pounding!
 
Alpina A110 or the Lotus Carlton... The A110 is a more gradual oversteerer than the A310, and all the action happens at a relatively low speed... it's a car that can make you feel like a real hero, as it's very easy to catch the tail on...

But then again, when you get used to the dynamics, you can actually keep the tail in place through most turns... that's when you go back to the A310. These two cars are the closest you can get to a classic Porsche set-up in GT4.
 
i agree the 97 toyota supra rz fully tuned, also the blitz fully tuned seams to be a hand full, due to the stock flywheel and carbon shaft.
 
live4speed
The Speed 12, incredible performance, tricky to master but it's fast as **** when you do. The back end does tend to get loose with it's 850Bhp stock (after oil change) straight to the rear wheels.

u must drive with traction control on with this car if you think it has incredible performance. even with supersoft tires and tall-a$$ gears it wheelspins in at least the first 4 gears, sometimes even the fifth. to tell you the truth, i hate the Speed 12, all the other TVR's are huge fun to drive and sound bl00dy awesome. but the Speed 12.....it isnt tricky to master, its takes ******g years to master. it looks awful i reckon too
 
Sti04
97 Toyota MR2 GT-S. I think it's a fun car to drive.
Yes. That car is beautiful. My favorite car. In beige. Tad too much oversteer. Fix badding ballast at the front. Or was it the rear? I can't remeber.

The Lotus Elise Sport 190 has oversteer and is rather hard to control unless tuned.
 
I use the FPV F6 Typhoon as my fun ride. Great fun to steer around El Capitan, especially with just a small power boost.
 
The ones that I have so far tried that can be purchased and would recommend for goofing about in are:

Lancia Stratos, as previously mentioned. Bog standard, on N1s or N2s, will drift all day whether you want to or not... to start a slide, just turn the wheel. It's controllable, too. The Protomotors Spirra will power oversteer beautifully on N2s, and with an exhaust and chip is about perfect. Feels a bit clumsy and heavy next to the Stratos but its long wheelbase means things happen gradually. A real pleasure.

The Supra RZ is also nice to slide.

If you want a real challenge though, try a secondhand Clio V6 (with oil change) on N1s. It's more difficult to drift than the other two MRs I've mentioned, but once you get it into a drift it combines the Statos's agility with the Spirra's adjustability. It makes the Stratos feel too easy and makes the Spirra feel soft and heavy.

If you like oversteer, I wouldn't recommend an AC Cobra. In my hands at least, it's got too much understeer. Dunno if the Shelby version is any different. Also, the Carlton is a nice sideways tool but its lack of power off boost (in standard tune) makes it hard to drift around slow hairpins where 1st gear is too low and 2nd gear is off boost.
 
Take a Skyline, give it the works, some crappy tyres and have fun around Autumn Ring Mini
 
My favourite/fun cars are the Lotus Elise with added NOS boost to kill the competition and also my ULTRA favourite car in my garage at the moment, the Ford SVT F-150 Lightning Pickup truck with NOS boost. Both are fun to drive for me :sly:
 
For tail end fun get a DB9, leave the suspension stock, give it a power increase and stick N2 tyres on it.
 
ving
actually the old mr2s are nice and taily! :)

I was going to say the same thing. Very good choice. You rarely use the brakes while in this car. All you need to do is just sling the tail end around and countersteer while doing so. In the end you will have a nice drift car right out of the box.
 
So I didn't even have a measly 130k to buy the Stratos :-( - I'll have to win a few more £££ at the Japanese championship. So instead I bought at 80's MR2 - it is fun. right now it is winning the first race in the compact Japanese cup. Surprisingly less than 4000mm! I assume this is the car you were talking about - 'cause I can't find a 90's MR2 unless it's gonna appear in the used lot some day soon :-s
 
Try the 1937 Audi. You'll be okay - unless you use the brakes.
 
Back