Funny conversation with a duper...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 72 comments
  • 6,415 views
Messages
1,056
Messages
GT-Motion
In an online lobby I see a guy with a car I want, I will keep this name secret, because well, this gets embarrassing, for him.

Me: Hey, ***** do you want to trade that Mobil 1 NSX?

Duper: Sure, what do you have?

Me: (list off some cars)

Duper: Thats fine I'll take the ****, its not like I will be losing my car anyways.

Duper: I have 16 accounts, this is my main one though.

Me: 16 accounts wow...

Duper: Yea, all you have to do is back up your gamesave data before you send a car and you get to keep it and get the other car, then there is a place called GT Planet online where they trade on a marketplace.

Me: I will have to check it out...;)

Duper: I am trying out for the GT Academy right now, now that I have all my cars I can finally compete, those guys are fast.

Me: Ummm...you know the GT Academy uses a car from online that you don't own right?

*quietness for a few seconds*

Duper: Yea I know, I needed to practice though, and had no cars to do it in.

Me: Ok

I add the dupers main account so we can trade, he has like 48 bronze medals and the rest silver for licenses. So I send him my car, he sends me his, I think we are done. Then I get a message.

Duper: WTF did you give me? A virus?

Me: What are you talking about?

Duper: I can't access my gamesave after accepting your car.

Me: I didn't do anything???? I just sent the car like normal.

Duper: Bull**** you set me up!

Duper: I just lost 500 cars off my main account, wtf did you do?

Me: I didn't do anything, you should have a backup though since you are a duper right?

Duper: It wont load, nothing will load, everything is corrupt!

Me: I don't know what to tell you, I sent you a normal car.

Duper: ***** :scared:

A few hours later I find out that every car he had, along with all his Bronze licenses from his main account have now been lost, somehow his backup and main game save are both corrupt now, so all he has is his backup accounts which have a few x1's and some premiums, he said his car collection just went from 500 to 30. Looks like he has a lot of busy days on the marketplace coming up lol
 
Serves him right. 16 accounts is ridiculous, people are spending more time and energy duping than actually playing the game with those duped cars.
 
You just needed to say: Problem?

Anyway, that's kind of scary. Good thing I always carry my savegame in my USB. And I back up it every day.
 
I hope that happens to all the duppers hahahahahaah.
 
Strange story, but this still isn't going to put me off from using the money trick though.
 
Haha.. This thread made my day, thanks for sharing. :)
 
16 accounts, and all his cars were on his main account, so it sounds like he sends out X1's and stuff of his backup accounts, and receives only on his main account.
 
Don't dupe? :dunce:

End of discussion haha. 👍
 
So many butthurt people in this thread.

Elitism is the ultimate forum of douchbaggery :)
 
Enough with the dupe bashing, people. If you don't want to dupe, don't. But don't go around with this holier-than-thou attitude because you choose not to.
 
Serves him right. 16 accounts is ridiculous, people are spending more time and energy duping than actually playing the game with those duped cars.

As the proud owner of 10(?) accounts, I can safely say that duping increases play time.

It's stuff like this that makes me scared to dupe.
It shouldn't. It can't happen to me, or anyone who takes enough precaution. I have my save on the PS3 in two places, on a USB, and on a computer (actually, all my accounts are backed up on the computer). Unless someone hunts me down to specifically delete all my files, I can't possibly see my data being totally lost.
 
simpson_ha_ha_architect_job_architecture_salary.jpg


I feel sorry for him though:ouch:
 
better off leaving a copy of a backup on your pc too. i probably wouldnt play GT5 again if lost everything.
 
I've got daily backups from the day they unlocked the saves.
With how buggy this game is, I don't trust it as far as I can throw it.
Hopefully if anything happens I will only lose one day at most, but I do have the archives for every single day on my PC, so I could go back to any point in time if necessary.
 
I don't dupe but this has reminded me that I haven't backed up my save for 2 weeks.
 
I got a corrupt save file in my backup disk and lost a car in a trade but fortunatly I always check the backup before overwriting.

I was firmly agaisnt duping but after 1000 indy races and a few other dream car championships - searching for cars in the UCD speanding all my money on a car just to find the car I really wanted to show up next and having no credits to buy it I decided to start the «buy a car for free» scam - wich involves another acount and duping - because I do have a life besides GT5
 
I've got daily backups from the day they unlocked the saves.
With how buggy this game is, I don't trust it as far as I can throw it.
Hopefully if anything happens I will only lose one day at most, but I do have the archives for every single day on my PC, so I could go back to any point in time if necessary.

I do exactly the same as this. That way if anything does go wrong I will always have a backup as I don't trust the game either.
 
Join the club :D go get your x1 prototypes legit or dont get them at all.

I got mine legit, but I still dupe for expensive cars, like the R10 (I already had the Stealth Edition).
 
I got a corrupt save file in my backup disk and lost a car in a trade but fortunatly I always check the backup before overwriting.

I was firmly agaisnt duping but after 1000 indy races and a few other dream car championships - searching for cars in the UCD speanding all my money on a car just to find the car I really wanted to show up next and having no credits to buy it I decided to start the «buy a car for free» scam - wich involves another acount and duping - because I do have a life besides GT5

But to me what seems to be far worse than the way we play the game we bought with hard earned money (cheating or not cheating) is posting private conversations on the internet without the permision of both intervenients
 
Back