Funny conversation with a duper...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 72 comments
  • 6,415 views
but I can see where the elitism comes from.
Well, i can't see it at all.
If some car could have been obtained through some hard challenge, maybe like a Vettel one (which is hard for DS3 users, only because Kaz-sama don't understand, that 85%+ of GT5 gamers are casuals who don't have a wheel and don't wanna buy one, but that's another story), then yeah, i can see it. "I've deserved it and you just got a free one", in case with carbon X1.
But normal X1, that everyone can get on b-spec level 35 or maybe 20m car... Does endless and extremely easy grinding makes you a pro? I don't think so, everyone can do it, heck, you don't even need to play (check auto grind thread for a-spec and b-spec is pretty much auto grind mode as it is).
So i don't really see, why people who spent about 19 hours grinding on oval, think they are better drivers, than those, who just duped their 20m car.


Back to the topic i guess...
It was fun to read. And yeah, he deserved it, but not because he's a duper, but because if you can't handle all those saving/backup operations for 16 accounts... then don't be greedy or that might happen. Note for a mods: i'm a proud duper as well. >_>
 
To those against dupping I say just wait till you get to lvl 35 (if you get that far) and them we will talk again

Does A-Spec level 35, B-Spec level 35 and exactly one account count for getting to the talks? Add a 40-hour working week and several other hobbies into the mix too before assuming me having no life outside GT5.
 
As you said, every time I see a 'should I buy this?' question answered with 'I'll give you one for free' (if it's a 20M cr. car it's likely it's duped, let's face it) or 'just dupe it', I just wonder what the point is and makes me not want to interact with the community. The same attitude ruined trading for me, which annoyed me for a while but I certainly got over it.
Is it better to only do 1:1 trades, attempting to keep the vehicles value as close as possible or to help someone out by providing them with a $15,000,000 vehicle in trade for a $100,000 vehicle? Or to just give them a $15,000,000 vehicle for free, even?

On the flip side, if someone places a $100,000 vehicle in The Marketplace and someone offers a $15,000,000 vehicle for it, why should the offer be refused? Because it was duped? How do you know for sure it was? In the same vein, if someone places a $100,000 vehicle in The Marketplace and will only accept a $15,000,000 vehicle in trade, no one is making people trade with them. You do so, or not, of your own free will.

Don't like the deal? Move on. Seems too good to be true but can't be passed up? Back-up your save first. ;)
 
it's funny how he thinks it's a virus. This guy either came from the PC gaming world or the COD glitching world
 
My friend just accidentally deleted both his gamesave files so he went from level 30 A-Spec to 0 and lost all of his cars and money. I don't duplicate but it was kinda funny watching him having to race his 1st car. I still feel sorry for him though. But you can't help from laughing am I right?
 
As the proud owner of 10(?) accounts, I can safely say that duping increases play time.


good man i got 12 and lost 2 ebay accounts haha worth it tho made 1200 from a game .... FINALLY
 
Serves him right. 16 accounts is ridiculous, people are spending more time and energy duping than actually playing the game with those duped cars.

It's stuff like this that makes me scared to dupe.

I love karma.

I hope that happens to all the duppers hahahahahaah.

Strange story, but this still isn't going to put me off from using the money trick though.

Haha.. This thread made my day, thanks for sharing. :)

16 accounts, and all his cars were on his main account, so it sounds like he sends out X1's and stuff of his backup accounts, and receives only on his main account.

Don't dupe? :dunce:

End of discussion haha. 👍

So the lesson is have multiple backups?

So many butthurt people in this thread.

Elitism is the ultimate forum of douchbaggery :)

simpson_ha_ha_architect_job_architecture_salary.jpg


I feel sorry for him though:ouch:

I think we all have a common opinion towards duping?
 
1. USB Hard Drive
2. Cellphone
3.PC ....
:d BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP..
i just have 2 accounts thou but still have to be prepared ..
 
has Ive stated before I already lost a car in a trade because of a corrupt backup file

But no it wasnt me
1-I always check my backup file before overwriting (too many years working with computers)
2-I wouldnt brag about cheating because the way I see it it is no reason to brag about
3-I only trade with people that post on this forum and only to get that car that Ive been searching for a long long time(and have only traded with 3) certainly wouldnt dupe because of a NSX

How do you check the backup file? Or why?
 
I might use the money trick while I still have a chance. I have 2 accounts started for other games so I figure why not. More events and better payouts would reduce the need for 'duping' but until then I can see why people do it.
 
WTF? LOL!

I really want to know exactly what happened there....the technical aspect to be specific...
 
HAHAHAHA!!!! REALLY?
funny-dog-pictures-laughing-at-little-girl.jpg

This made my day! LOL!!! Thanks for posting:lol::lol:
 
lol if you're stupid enough to not backup your save on your computer/laptop then you're too stupid to duplicate cars.

I used an external hard drive for backing up my saves, I STRONGLY advise this over some tiny piece of plastic which can be corrupted much easier.
 
Back