Funny conversation with a duper...

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT Motion
  • 72 comments
  • 6,415 views
TB
Enough with the dupe bashing, people. If you don't want to dupe, don't. But don't go around with this holier-than-thou attitude because you choose not to.

This. Nobody should even remotely care how others play the game. It's their game, they paid for it. Let them be.

I have also backed up my saves constantly to prevent this from happening to me. But duping won't screw up a save file unless you quit while saving or something.
 
This. Nobody should even remotely care how others play the game. It's their game, they paid for it. Let them be.

I have also backed up my saves constantly to prevent this from happening to me. But duping won't screw up a save file unless you quit while saving or something.
Exactly, but when i hear a duper brag about how many cars he have then i get a good laugh. I dont care if other dupe, but to me it feels like cheating so i will never do it even if its mean i might not get all cars. Each to their own i guess..
 
It's stuff like this that makes me scared to dupe.




Assuming the corrupted saves were even related to duping.






What if they aren't? :drool:





For this reason alone I am totally in support of having a 2nd account with a duplicated backup garage of my most important cars just in case something happens. I have duped a lot of cars, but I've come to the conclusion that ultimately I only have time enough to race maybe 10 of them consistently online because I spend at least a couple of hours tuning up any car that I plan on driving seriously, etc. Honestly, even if my save did get deleted I only need maybe 3 cars to do what I want to do with this game. It's not that big of a deal. Too many cars look really nice, but I don't have time to use them all, and only a handful of them are truly the best option when it comes to competing.
 
been duping cars on daily basis on like 9 accounts for months, never had any problem with my gamesaves, he prolly deleted them by accident or managed to break the USB key somehow.

Tough cookie...he should've kept a copy of his files on a PC or something.

Also lol, what's with implying that since he's duping he must be a bad driver? I'm an excellent online driver, I just can't afford wasting the whole day grinding races for Credits. If I wanted to play a MMO I'd play WoW.
 
Last edited:
I almost dupped my 21 level gift car ticket.. but I didnt.. lol Got a ford NASCAR coulda been better :p

Edit: Btw I dont have a backup file yet... :S so it sounds kinda scary :nervous:
 
But to me what seems to be far worse than the way we play the game we bought with hard earned money (cheating or not cheating) is posting private conversations on the internet without the permision of both intervenients

So it was you? :dopey:
 
keep backups on pc. problem solved
 
But to me what seems to be far worse than the way we play the game we bought with hard earned money (cheating or not cheating) is posting private conversations on the internet without the permision of both intervenients

So it was you?:D

Lmolrofl (lool) ^^
 
But to me what seems to be far worse than the way we play the game we bought with hard earned money (cheating or not cheating) is posting private conversations on the internet without the permision of both intervenients

:ouch:
 
What probably happened is some kind of problem during the transfer from ps3 to USB Storage that corrupted his file.

Its pretty much impossible for it to be directly related to duping.
 
I've done the cars for free thing only because some of them are way too expensive.

In real life one if the most expensive cars sold was a Ferrari 250GT California and that went for a comparatively cheap £5,000,000
 
C.D
Also lol, what's with implying that since he's duping he must be a bad driver? I'm an excellent online driver, I just can't afford wasting the whole day grinding races for Credits. If I wanted to play a MMO I'd play WoW.

Silly wrabbit

Its simple math.
~Player A plays the game, race to race. Beats all the series, and then races indy over and over and over and over and over(repeat several hundred times).

~Player B plays the game, race to race. Beats all the series, and then duplicates cars at will.

Player B is a filthy horrible human deserving of death who sucks at racing, cannot accomplish anything and is a dirty horrible cheater.

Player A is an elite racer, with an undaunted sense of elitism and is better because by racing an oval hundreds of times has given them a sense of accomplishment rivaled only by the players ego.

see people, its simple.
 
So it was you? :dopey:
has Ive stated before I already lost a car in a trade because of a corrupt backup file

But no it wasnt me
1-I always check my backup file before overwriting (too many years working with computers)
2-I wouldnt brag about cheating because the way I see it it is no reason to brag about
3-I only trade with people that post on this forum and only to get that car that Ive been searching for a long long time(and have only traded with 3) certainly wouldnt dupe because of a NSX

But if it had been me I would really be pissed right now - because loosing all that gameplay time and coming here and seeing somebody making a joke out of it seems to me to be far worse than cheating.

I was just trying to point out that if you cheat on a video game you are only cheating and hurting nobody but if you post a private conversation on the internet without permission you are before edit: subject to legal action and you are comiting a crime (at least in the country I live in) after edit: just beeing not worthy of any trust and in my opinion very imature
 
Last edited:
Ok, the laws in your country are not applicable here. :)

Unless GTPlanet is hosted in Portugal, but I doubt that.
 
OK I will edit that post with a more suitable statement
 
Silly wrabbit

Its simple math.
~Player A plays the game, race to race. Beats all the series, and then races indy over and over and over and over and over(repeat several hundred times).

~Player B plays the game, race to race. Beats all the series, and then duplicates cars at will.

Player B is a filthy horrible human deserving of death who sucks at racing, cannot accomplish anything and is a dirty horrible cheater.

Player A is an elite racer, with an undaunted sense of elitism and is better because by racing an oval hundreds of times has given them a sense of accomplishment rivaled only by the players ego.

see people, its simple.

Try Player C who plays the game, race to race. Can't drive to complete a lap without crashing, uses B-Spec to get money and then uses that money to get duplicating going. Eventually you'll meet Player C in an online room and get taken out in a most spectacular way in the very first corner by a *name of a fast expensive car here* the driver of which didn't even make an attempt of braking. Player C just paid a visit on you.
 
I don't have a problem with dupers, they can do what they like. What's annoying me is how they're spreading all over the forum. You can't move in a thread, especially ones people asking about cars and which are worth buying without someone saying "You don't need to spend money, you can dupe it!".

There was a perfect example the other day, a guy was asking if he should spend his money on a 330 P4. He never mentioned duping, cheating or anything, he just wanted advice if it was a good car worth buying. What happened? Lots of "Just backup and dupe it for free" or "I'll send you a duped one for nothing".

There is also no place for people to properly trade cars anymore (ie you lose one), if you go into the marketplace forum and want to trade properly you can't, you'll just trade with a duper.

Play the game how you like, dupe till the cows come home, but don't completely pollute the forum and the game as a whole with cheating and duping.
 
I've read plenty of posts from people who lost their game save and never dupe'd anything. Maybe it will happen to you next :)
 
The funny things in this thread is how the OP seems to thinks he's better than the duper yet he wanted to trade with him which put him on the same level for me. Oh and GTPlanet is the good place for dupers now.. wow that kinda sucks.
 
Ah well serves him right for duping.
Did I not say it loud enough last time?
TB
Enough with the dupe bashing, people. If you don't want to dupe, don't. But don't go around with this holier-than-thou attitude because you choose not to.
 
There is also no place for people to properly trade cars anymore (ie you lose one), if you go into the marketplace forum and want to trade properly you can't, you'll just trade with a duper.

Play the game how you like, dupe till the cows come home, but don't completely pollute the forum and the game as a whole with cheating and duping.

This. I would love a trustable marketplace with people to trade with where we BOTH lose a car that doesn't have to be 0 miles, pink, chrome, oilchanged, sweet rimz, an X1.....

Unfortunately I cant trust anyone to do this kind of trade with because of the people who dupe/glitch what have you.

I don't have a problem with how people play their game, but blatant exploitation and cheating has nothing to do with playing the game. Especially after totally nuking a potentially lucrative gifting economy with people who have 243524059 psn accounts and every car, in every colour, imaginable, availible for free.
 
Sounds like a duper talking.

Yeah I rather grind like an undertaker

Some of us do have a life besides GT5 and we would also like to try some of the best cars available in the game
 
Maybe the duper will show up and tell us how the conversation "really" went. :)
 
the game how you like, dupe till the cows come home, but don't completely pollute the forum and the game as a whole with cheating and duping.

I don't have a problem with it either (anymore), but I do find it strange when they say it doesn't impact anyone else in any way whatsoever. If that were true, posts like yours wouldn't exist, but they do. As I say, I don't mind dupers and I don't even mind about the marketplace (since I realised that I'll definitely be playing GT5 long enough to get any car I want by myself, and that PD never intended the gifting system to be used for trading (hence the car a day limit)), but I do wish they'd understand and appreciate that they do affect other people and should keep it to themselves and the marketplace subforum.

As you said, every time I see a 'should I buy this?' question answered with 'I'll give you one for free' (if it's a 20M cr. car it's likely it's duped, let's face it) or 'just dupe it', I just wonder what the point is and makes me not want to interact with the community. The same attitude ruined trading for me, which annoyed me for a while but I certainly got over it.

Yeah, I'm not sure what my point was, I'm typing this on my phone so I can't see what I've written so far. Summary: duping isn't THAT bad, but their attitude is a little strange. The attitude of the anti-duper league is also strange, but I can see where the elitism comes from.
 
I got to lv 32 without duping (im now on lvl34) but doing the same events over and over again just to get the cars that I want became less than an enjoyment

If I had more and diferent A-spec races to do I certainly wouldnt dupe

To those against dupping I say just wait till you get to lvl 35 (if you get that far) and them we will talk again
 
Back