Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,235 comments
  • 5,818,573 views
Stepladder is basic physics. Have you ever worked on a ladder and had it slide up a wall instead of down it? Because that is basically what it would take to make the guy fall. Only way he could do that would be to jump up and down on it while hooking his toes under a rung.

I've seen even more precarious perch permutations proliferated by local construction crews. That set up is basically how you stack ramps going up make-shift scaffolding in the third-world.
 
I wouldn't do it, because eventually the wall's surface is going to get smoother and smoother from wear and pressure.

Fall
down
go
boom
not
pretty.

I don't want to be around that, unless I'm a crooked attorney.
 
This applies to my school as well... only it isn't $20,000/year... yet :(

PSMM4.jpg


1HLMV.jpg


JkBOz.png


79nDY.png
 
Spotted this today. JB Hifi staff review.

lollle.jpg
 
GregTheStig
Skillrex pressing play on his MacBook.

Why people like modern music, I do not understand.

Also,

aec05a96.jpg


Remember, don't start posting what's next to you.
 
Last edited:
^ That belongs in the appropriate thread. I'd link to it but I'm on the app.
 
This applies to my school as well... only it isn't $20,000/year... yet :(

PSMM4.jpg

The real problem is I'm now reading that sign in Gilbert Godfried's voice because I read bad when it's convenient.
 
Syntax error
Spotted this today. JB Hifi staff review.
Was looking for some funny reviews at JB's on the weekend... I guess the staff in Adelaide take their job too seriously. :(
 
Don't ever work in construction.

I'm tempted to say you don't have a clue, but I don't know your backstory, but from my REAL LIFE experience on a construction site, some risks need to be taken like any other job. If you can comprehend where his ladder is, you'll see there is no chance of it moving or sliding down the wall. It's effectively wedged between the wall and the ledge

You could say, why doesn't he run a plank from the top of the steps to the other side of the ledge, but thats far more dangerous and it gives potential for the plank to slide out from the ledge, he can't use a ladder on the stairs and there is no other way to reach where he is painting.

He could set up proper scaffolding, but it's not worth the time or money for 10 minutes work. Especially when the ladder is never going to move.
 
I love how that picture got torn apart in two pages. :lol:
 
job-fails-monday-thru-friday-if-someone-passes-out-at-the-office-know-that-all-you-need-is-a-capri-sun-straw.jpg
 
He could set up proper scaffolding, but it's not worth the time or money for 10 minutes work. Especially when the ladder is never going to move.

Still is an unsafe practice and quite a stupid one.

Brother1Me0-77710.jpg

TrollDaughter-92418.jpg

IShallNotPass-90181.jpg


Meanwhile In Sweden:
MeanwhileInSweden-41972.jpg
 
It's grammatically correct to say 'you and me'. There are numerous instances in English where the object pronoun is acceptable and in most cases preferred to the subject pronoun.

Person A: "I like cars"
Person B: "Me too!" Would "I too!" make much sense here? Doubtful.

"Let us pray", with "let's" being the contracted form and not "Let we pray".

"There are no people here who are as old as me" is better than "...who are as old as I".

"Look, let's keep this between you and me".

Just saying.

Grammar-Nazi-1613.png
 
Last edited:
^Becoming a wisearse when not censored anymore ;)
/sarcasm
 
I'm just the re-poster, don't shoot :scared:

I also agree with you.
 
It's grammatically correct to say 'you and me'.

In the above sentence, "me and Steve" is not incorrect, but "Steve and me" would be.

The rule is that you never me a we. If you can replace the list of characters including yourself with "we", it's "and I". If you can replace the list of characters including yourself with "us", it's "and me".

"And me and Steve weren't anywhere near the school at the time..." - odd order, but fine.
"And us weren't anywhere near the school at the time..." - nonsensical, so "Steve and me" would be wrong.
"And we weren't anywhere near the school at the time..." - should become "Steve and I".
 
Look, I wasn't anywhere near that school, OK... :scared:
 
In the above sentence, "me and Steve" is not incorrect, but "Steve and me" would be.

The rule is that you never me a we. If you can replace the list of characters including yourself with "we", it's "and I". If you can replace the list of characters including yourself with "us", it's "and me".

With you mostly. I've never personally heard the "you never me a we" rule, but I understand where you're coming from.

Compare: Blue - Nominative, object Red - Accusative, subject Green - Dative, target

Let's keep this between you and me.
Let's keep this between us

To me, both are correct. Perhaps one is less standard than the other. Unlike say, l'Académie française, there is no authoritative body that regulates and standardises the English language. There are many differences that are not necessarily correct, but accepted in other dialects. oe/ae, -ise/-ize and so on.

"And me and Steve weren't anywhere near the school at the time..." - odd order, but fine.

Agreed.

"And us weren't anywhere near the school at the time..." - nonsensical, so "Steve and me" would be wrong.

Us is the accusative/dative form of we. Us is definitely incorrect because the sentance requires a nominative pronoun, and us is not nominative. Like I said, I've not personally encountered the never me a we rule so that's something I am neither used to nor have encountered in everyday speech.

"And we weren't anywhere near the school at the time..." - should become "Steve and I".

Agreed. Although in my own 'dialect' I would almost never say 'and I'. I just wouldn't. As alluded to above, there isn't a definative right or wrong in English with many grammatical ambiguities. Common usage dictates linguistical change. What was correct 200 years ago can be wrong today. We're often told that split infinitives are incorrect in English but this is simply not true. Neither is it incorrect to start a sentence with a conjunction such as and, or or but. Whom is also falling out of use in everyday English.

I of course could be wrong on what I've just written but I've made the effort to study English grammar and understand its simplicities, irregularities and influences, thanks to German. It's a fun language to explore.
 
Last edited:
The irony, a mod slowchatting...

Where?

Do you mean the admin helping people out with grammar?


AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Oh snap.

I of course could be wrong on what I've just written but I've made the effort to study English grammar and understand its simplicities, irregularities and influences, thanks to German. It's a fun language to explore.

No, it looks like you're agreeing with me, which makes you right :D
 
"There are no people here who are as old as me" is better than "...who are as old as I".

"I" is correct here, because after "as I" there is an understood "am." It's not "... as old as me am," it's "... as old as I am."

I'm finished. Sorry I have no funny to contribute ATM.
 
"I" is correct here, because after "as I" there is an understood "am." It's not "... as old as me am," it's "... as old as I am."

I'm finished. Sorry I have no funny to contribute ATM.

'I am' is correct but only with or because of the use of a verb. If you wanted to just use a pronoun on its own, English sometimes favours the subject pronoun. That's the point I was making. English sometimes prefers the subject pronoun, most often when it's the pronoun without a verb to conjugate.

No-one as good as me - Pronoun only - Subject
No-one as good as I am - Pronoun plus conjugated verb - Object

I like Gran Turismo;

"Me too!" - Subject pronoun
"I like GT too" - Object pronoun

Who ran over that dog? *Imagine you were pointing at the people in question when giving the following answers*

"Me. I did"
"Him. He did"
"Her. She did"
"Them. They did"

---

I'll leave it there. Way off topic.
 
Back