Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,235 comments
  • 5,818,528 views
^ :lol:

My local railway leads to a nuclear bunker:

*Snip*

The entrance is closed off now as it was intended for use during the cold war but it's right next to box tunnel entrance. Walk past it every day.

I find it extremely amusing how we all have weird and wacky stories to tell concerning trains.. :dopey:
 
What I think many Americans are thinking right now...

fwptrainslol.jpg
 
What's a train system? :confused: The closest Oklahoma has to one is an AMTRAK trip to Dallas.
 
And welcome, if you've just tuned in you've come across the Stories of my Local Railway thread. Be sure to come back now, ya hear!
 
I'm an American and my local train system is one of the best in the world. :confused:

Oh, it's still boring though, Germans don't do very much at the stations.
 
Monorail FTW. Never late or boring.
 
This is the closest thing we have to a train:

4717002208_bd070261e5_z.jpg


:indiff:
 
That doesn't even run on tracks!
 
axletramp
This is the closest thing we have to a train:

:indiff:

That's because the Channel Islands are like 10 miles wide. ;) I'm surprised you need cars, can't you just walk, or take horses? :sly:
 
That's because the Channel Islands are like 10 miles wide. ;) I'm surprised you need cars, can't you just walk, or take horses? :sly:

When was the last time you walked *cough* nine *cough* miles to the shops, school or work?! We might be small, but we're not stupid.

mostly. ;)
 
axletramp
When was the last time you walked *cough* nine *cough* miles to the shops, school or work?! We might be small, but we're not stupid.

mostly. ;)

Never, 'cause everything I need is within a mile of me. :p Anyway, think of the reduce in CO2. :D
 
Don't you have the Maglev trains or is that just Shanghai?

The local trains are monorails / light rail or metro / underground. Maglevs do the cross country trips.

thumbnail.aspx
 
It's funny because the non-zoomed in image is easier to read. >__>
 
Delayed quoted reply:

Funny, That was taken close to where I work!

Moosejaw rocks! Their catalogs are funny like that too.

Sounds like an awesome company to me


L1AIq.jpg

^Totally fake but I still lol'd a bit

SAH0T.jpg
 
When was the last time you walked *cough* nine *cough* miles to the shops, school or work?! We might be small, but we're not stupid.

Please, your country is so small I hear they're having the whole country carpeted. Your country is so small Rhoad Island can kick-the-crap out of it in a war! It's a fifty cent cab ride from one end of the country to the other. I'm talking small!

:)
 
funny%2Bcar.jpg
the car is a bmw isseta

formal-apology.jpg
 
Last edited:
Oh god.

images
ru1wm9.jpg




In comparison, how is Japan to Canada. :confused:

Edit: Scott Road is the scariest skytrain station in Vancouver... The streetview image was taken right across the street from the station.

Japan's transit system is pretty amazing. Hundreds of trains running every day on time (except when someone jumps). Each station is well lit and, of course, there are no drug deals taking place at the station.
 
And they pack you in like a sardine to make sure you get where you need to go.
 
^ Cats FTW. They are mysterious creatures. I'm sure I was one in a past form. The Midicloriens have left a residual effect.
 
Hope this one isn't a repost:

32757033.jpg



Btw. I didn't take a picture of my monitor. Way the picture was found.
 
Back