Funny Pic Thread VII - No swearing. No sex. No complaining. (READ FIRST POST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 50,234 comments
  • 5,818,225 views
x = 0.2222...
20x = 4.4444...
20x - x = 4.4444... - 0.4444...
19x = 4
x = 0,2105...

Doesn't look as good, but it works.

edit: lol, what a brainfart. No it doesn't work.
 
bonobo4
Are you saying that 0.99999 isn't the same as 1?

If it was 1 it would be 1, not 0.99999to-infiniti
 
I agree with you all. 0.99999999.... isn't equal to 1!
 
If it was 1 it would be 1, not 0.99999to-infiniti

Whatever precision you decide to do this math in, it will work out such that x is not 1. If you decide to do the math symbolically rather than representing the number to finite precision.... well then what's the point?

1-0.9999.... (repeating forever) = 0.0000... (repeating forever)
 
I see that the funny pic thread has turned into the unfunny math thread...

sign.jpg
 
They can still feel someone dropping the bass.
 
Re: Deaf music: Something like that happened here a while ago. There was a rave at the local center for the deaf :lol:
 
:lol: Rick Roll made my day, Quantum lanes just made it brilliant!
 
Following this:

Now this:
526981_454777774543262_1377261493_n.jpg


I guess school came a long way in the last 20 years, don't remember these being mandatory items in my backpack back in the day.
 
Following this:
Now this:
*knives*
I guess school came a long way in the last 20 years, don't remember these being mandatory items in my backpack back in the day.

You've never been to an English school, have you? :lol: :gettingstabbedeveryday:
 
But was it like that 20 years ago?
 

It happened the year before I got there. After it happened there were loads of allegations from her about constant fighting in the school and people bringing in knifes and chains for fights at lunch and teachers doing nothing about it, none of which I ever saw in the 5 years I was there and I kinda struggle to believe it was that bad as the staff are generally quite good at intervening in fights. There are lots of chavs though, and we had a drugs dog have to do a search of the school last year.


EDIT: Forgot we also had Britains youngest female murderer (she killed someone while she was still at the school). http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ght-i-see-the-devil-in-my-dreams-1275032.html
 
Last edited:
A friend of mine at high school was stabbed by a class mate.. would have been about 15 at the time. No long term injuries... but I guesss we'd have been safer if we were allowed to carry guns.
 
If I were allowed guns, it might accidentally go off occasionally. :trouble:
 
Take it to the current events section, peoples.
 
Yes... that story is a bit too dark for the funny pic thread.

ItWasAReallyDrySummer-61942.jpg


DEER JUST LIKES TO HANG OUT, SO WE PUT A PAD OUT FOR HIM...:
DeerJustLikesToHangOutSoWePutAPadOutForHim-52088.png

DoYouThinkThisIsAGame-65071.jpg

SheKnowsHowToUseThat-15293.jpg

YoureDistractingTheChildren-92306.png

AlwaysWonderedHowThatWorked-5570.jpg
 
Pawn Stars. :lol::lol:
 
Back