Furi's Le Mans Bible: Back for 2013, Dodge Vipers!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 157 comments
Top Banana

And these bare stats Furinkazen has posted are stock too - What are they like after people feel the need to bolt on an even larger turbo (Like so many tunes.) - Shame the power restrictor just lops the top of the power curve off, rather than reducing power across the whole rev range.

Excuse my waffle. Just a Lister Storm in a teacup.

Ryk
Top Banana

And these bare stats Furinkazen are stock - what are they like after people feel the need to bolt on an even larger turbo (Like so many tunes.)

Lister Storm in a teacup

I forgot that one... i'll do that car later 👍

Never paid attention to the engine in the Vertigo that is present in GT3-5. It is the Alfa V6 and not the Maserati V8. It's not even possible to put the car to those stats in the game.

Kind of makes you wonder where PD got the base information to make the Yellow Batmobile from...

Based on the Lotus Seven eh... Donkervoort

Great thread, i allways had the feeling those cars have way to much horsepower in GT5 👍

Funny thing is, if you detune those cars to their "real life" specs, they are so nice to drive.

I heard from someone that the Vertigo has those specs in GT5 because the very last model that was made, that never ran anywhere had those monstruous specs.

Thanks so much for these accurate specs, i always felt like these cars were WAYY to overpowered, especially the R390 and BMW V12LM which required feather-like accel work up to 4th where you could finally go flat out.

Great thread, I'm extremely interested in group C and older LMP cars so this was a great read.

The "Nissan favouritism from PD again" statement should be removed though, it's just wrong. We don't know why many of the Le Mans cars are overpowered, but MANY of the Le Mans cars are overpowered... PD didn't favour the Nissan at all.

Great thread, I'm extremely interested in group C and older LMP cars so this was a great read.

The "Nissan favouritism from PD again" statement should be removed though, it's just wrong. We don't know why many of the Le Mans cars are overpowered, but MANY of the Le Mans cars are overpowered... PD didn't favour the Nissan at all.

I have not covered the Nissan R92Cp and R89C yet...

The stats go up when you buy it
Which is sort of the point isn't it. The dealer stats are all probably closer to the official figures and the actual hp are probably closer to the figures you cite. In modern LMPs, the manufacturers low-ball official hp figures to avoid the scrutiny and possible additional restrictions.

About group C cars, they regularly ran 800-1000 hp in Le Mans qualifying. Without fuel allocation regulations or the need to last any sort of reasonable distance, everyone turned the boost up in qualifying. The two non-Le Mans cars (Toyota 88C-V and Nissan R92CP) probably did the same in Japan. GT5 figures are probably close to qualifying figures.

Of course, the 905 didn't (couldn't) do this. That car ran something in the vicinity of 750 hp.

And we have the option to upgrade the turbos, so why not let stock cars have the right specs and high rpm turbo represent unrestricted/qualifying boost? PD ruined the LMP part of this game by overpowering everything.

A triple bill of Pescarolo's in my latest update, sorry for inactivity, real life has got in the way. Enjoy!

A interesting one has been added - the Pagani Zonda LM, or if you want, the Zonda GR.

Actually a change of plan, next update complete with details on the Nissan R89C and R92CP. Enjoy guys!

Latest Posts

Back