Furi's Le Mans Bible: Back for 2013, Dodge Vipers!!!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 157 comments
Loving the continuous updates, I actually laughed at the stats on the Gillet :lol: Thats a huge fail by PD.. Should GTP leagues maybe start limiting the power on LMPs so they are more realistic and closer to their real life spec?

Mac K
Loving the continuous updates, I actually laughed at the stats on the Gillet :lol: Thats a huge fail by PD.. Should GTP leagues maybe start limiting the power on LMPs so they are more realistic and closer to their real life spec?

Yes ! It would be awesome to see the cars strugling with less power and for some more weight. I have to convert mines also. Now we only need the weight destribution for the ones that need ballast. :)

All good.

You have to factor in that the cars are from a Japanese side ofthings. so they will hv loadof info on their local machines, but at Obscure Lotus Seven evolution (Vertigo) could well have been frozeon on one single model of car that wasn't as well known in Europe. never knew the Vertigo held loads of production car records. Acceleration stuff)

Wireless keyboard running out of power...

Fixed a major typo that said Pescarolo's should have 1098 kg, that should be 925kg, apologies.

Very interesting.

Just a point though, it is a fairly standard ploy by racing teams to misquote statistics. While weight is often a rule, and so must be adhered to, power was sometimes limited by the tuner's skill within a capacity limit.

So tell your opponents you have 750bhp when you really have 875bhp and surprise them all when you get to the track was a possibility.

Very interesting.

Just a point though, it is a fairly standard ploy by racing teams to misquote statistics. While weight is often a rule, and so must be adhered to, power was sometimes limited by the tuner's skill within a capacity limit.

So tell your opponents you have 750bhp when you really have 875bhp and surprise them all when you get to the track was a possibility.

But then really your lying to race organisers as well and thats cheating?

The problem is that PD weren't consistent so even if the real world figures aren't true, the performance relative to each other should still be the same. Instead in GT5 the Pescarolo cars with 800-900bhp dominate many LMP style races when in reality on absolute pace at least, they were pretty similar to the Audi's. They destroy them in GT5 though.

Taking up to 3 requests for next batch, Toyota GT-One is going to be one, anything else?

Minolta and sauber!

Already was done ;)

Mercedes Sauber Mercedes C9
Category - Group C
tumblr_m61h36ZGfa1qdjdqdo1_500.jpg

Peter Sauber's racing not only included his Formula One team, but also included this beast, powered by the Mercedes M119 engine that would find its way into the Mercedes CLK LM nearly a decade later. 230mph from this beast that also was one of the first high powered race cars of a certain Michael Schumacher's career...

Very nice to read, definitely the most comprehensive thread on this rather frequent topic. No one has mentioned the iconic 787B yet surprisingly. Yet another car with more than 100bhp extra for the game.

The Vertigo's stats are just :lol:. I still need to get that car, I haven't been able to find it in the UCD and I missed it in the OCD. :guilty:
I put the Vertigo down to as close as possible to it's real stats and it's still a bit difficult to drive.

Probably because the power is limited, but the torque isn't effected nearly as much as the power is. So you're driving with a power loss, but still relatively high torque.

First let me say that this is a great thread. Thanks a lot for this, because this was just stuff that I couldn't find detailed info on when I was looking for my thread.

I think it should be mentioned that while the power numbers for the two diesel cars are accurate, the way that they get them is rather far fetched. Specifically, both of them rev way too high. I was made aware that in reality both of them were restricted to 5500 RPM (though I'm highly doubtful they could have revved much higher anyway), but in GT5 they rev (and make considerable power) all the way to 7000 RPM.

Back