Fysho's Photos - Spirit of Gran Turismo (final update)

• Thread starter Fyshokid
  • 558 comments
Here's my somewhat failed attempt at trying to make a sunset shot on SSR7. Don't look at the shadow...

specialstageroute714gim.jpg

I love how you do the colors in your pics 👍 Especially the BMW someone quoted on the last page, looks great!

Thanks. I'm glad you liked it :)

Ok, this next pic is a product of slight boredom, and not being tired enough to go to bed. I don't really know if it's good or bad, so I'll let you decide.

First up, here's the original photo, which was one of the many pictures I took for this week's PMC:

specialstageroute711.jpg

And here's the slightly edited one. There was a lot of weird noise (artifact banding?) which was created by highering the contrast and saturation etc., which I tried to get rid of, but it was quite hard, so I didn't get all of it. It doesn't look very smooth either, but anyways - I hope you like it :P

specialstageroute711gim.png

My gallery has been going downhill ever since my GTbyCitroën shots, lol. At least it's doing better than my awful GT4 one.

interesting couple of shots, I can see what you were trying to do, and although you didn't quite pull it off the pictures look kinda cool... a happy accident if you will. Keep experimenting though, it's good to see new stuff coming out of it 👍

I don't really have much to say about these shots. I took them for the 2.0 competition, and I think they turned out alright. I've entered the B/W one into the comp, though I think I'll change it to one of my others before the end of the week...

nrburgring24h3gimp.jpg

nrburgring24h5gimp.jpg

nrburgring24h7gimp.jpg

Thanks for the comments :)

I got the gold chrome paint chip a few days ago, and decided to put it on one of my favorite cars. The GT by Citroën Race Car (I actually bought a new one, since I didn't want to ruin my other one, with the TVR color).

bernmarktgassegimp1080p.jpg

eifelcircuitgimp.jpg

goldgtbycitronhdr1gimp.jpg

Wow, looking back, that last update was terrible. What was I thinking. Anyways, here's just a few photos I've taken in the past two weeks or so. The first one is the one I entered into the 2.0 photomode tournament, and the second one was also one I considered for it.

The second photo set with the R8 were ones I took while taking pictures for the PMC competition (the scenery one). They're all quite similar (taken from the same angle), but whatever. I hope you like them anyways:

circuitdelasarthe20097g.jpg

circuitdelasarthe200911.jpg

nrburgring24h60gimp.jpg

nrburgring24h62gimp2.jpg

nrburgring24h71gimp.jpg

I like the 2nd and last one's most. That orange (Papaya Orange?) looks great on the R8. Like the exaggerated greens, yellows and magenta in the last two.

I'm glad you liked them. And yeah, the R8 is Papaya Orange.

Anyways, I've taken a bunch of shots for the photomode tournament, though I'm gonna wait with posting them till the poll is up. Instead, here's two random Ferrari shots that I've never posted:

clubmanstageroute521gim.jpg

autodromonazionalemonzahy.jpg

Finally I can post these! I finished taking pictures for the 2.0 PM tournament quite a while ago, so I've been aching to release these. First of all; the theme I had gotten was "monotone" where I basically had to take a b/w photo (or any other "monotone" photo, like blue and white, red and white etc.). I actually hadn't planned it, but I took the Alpine A310 out for a test drive on the 'Ring (like I do with all my cars), and started taking photos afterwards. I found out that this car actually looks really good in photos (especially the front end), so I ended up taking a ton of photos with it.

After that, I went and edited a lot of the photos (which I had taken in color), and just took my favorite and made b/w. It looks much better in color though!

And here it is in color. You can click it for full size, if you want...

I obviously also took a lot of other photos, so here's my favorite from the rejects (most of them are in color, since they look better that way, though I did look at most of them in b/w). Personally, I think these are some of the best shots I've ever taken, so I hope you like them too :)

nrburgring24h81gimp.jpg

nrburgring24h82gimp.jpg

nrburgring24h90gimpbw.jpg

nrburgring24h96gimp.jpg

nrburgring24h97gimpbw.jpg

nrburgring24h98gimp.jpg

Thanks for viewing 👍

Whoa! These look like classic real pictures. I'm sure that's what you were going for with the classic car. You pulled it off perfectly. I like the middle B&W shot the most.

I like all the pics here, good job, best is the 4th one though, awesome 👍

You made what I thought was an ugly car. Look GOOD, well done

Last edited:
Thanks a lot everyone, I'm glad you liked them! :)

I probably won't be posting anything until the next PM tournament poll is up, so instead, here's two rejects, which I didn't like. In the first one (for the 2.0 tournament), there's too much contrast and the grain is overdone. The other photo I was planning on entering in the CCCL competition, though it turned out a little more weird than I had planned on...

nrburgring24h89gimpbw.jpg

londongimp.jpg

Two good shots, I like the angle on shot one but as you said the noise is overdone. Also it looks like you may have bumped the contrast after adding noise which makes it even stronger. I like the angle, car/track and B&W contrast though!

Second one... whoa! At least it would stick out... so far all the CCCL8 entries look very similar...

Back