G25 Cockpits Lets See them!!

• Thread starter MoAK
  • 383 comments
Well heres mine 👍
Been 8 weeks of lessons on and off and i built it for GCSE's.
Ive won an engineering award for it aswell :sly:
Its all 40mm x 40mm aluminium box section and is loosly based on an Ariel Atom.
Pedals are inverted and with a slightly bigger gap between brake & throttle for heel-toe.
Sorry for poor quality pics as the iPhones camera is crap.
Cobreau Seat
The frame is completely collapsable via wingnuts (2 sides, seat section & pedal section)

I can only apologize for the mess, i have a PS3 under the desk next to my processor and i use the TV for my PC sims and my laptop to chat etc. at same time.

Questions are more than welcome as i do now have 10 weeks off school :crazy:

How did you bend that square tubing without crimping it?
Nice work by the way.👍

The crimping was an issue and it is a little creased underneath but that is expected.

I actualy bent it using a machine similar of this-
http://bending-machine.net/Bending-machine.12.0.html

You can adjust the angle via computer software. (It took 4 hours for me to get the curve i wanted)

ALSO the steering bar is held on by wingnuts so i COULD take it off but i dont think i could be bothered everysingle time tbh :P

I have a dedicated room with a cheap cockpit.
Made it from old wood that was lying around. Not the most beautiful on here but it's rock solid.

Setup specs:
PS3 slim
G25 with inverted pedals
720P projector around 150 inch
Paper duck-taped to the wall as a projector-screen(works really well)
Logitech z-5500 sound system

Needs some cleaning up but here you go

racekamert1.jpg

racekamert2.jpg

In the dark you can't see it's a little messy

racekamert4.jpg

GT5 ready!

Welcome to the club man! :D

Don't think I posted mine on this thread yet though...

playseat.jpg

playseat2.jpg

White represent! (not enough good angles to take proper pictures, my room is small :embarrassed:P)

Finished my G25 cockpit a few months ago. Cost me next to nothing.

Below is my finished project to add to my Game theater. Will post full game area pics once I get my new TV...

Cost me next to nothing because it was an old computer tablethat was chopped and welded. The seat is an extra seat from our old VW bug.

Computer table type I used:
Competitive-Price-Computer-Table-T700D-.jpg

Before: Computer table and plywood after chop and weld.
3913345051_e91c9a21fc.jpg

3913344139_f58cd17e9c.jpg

After: The table is screwed to the plywood base. The holes aren't visble because it's the hole where the computer table's wheels are screwed. the measurements I used were based on a Honda EG Hatch.
3913347809_379394e990.jpg

3913347169_3f84662606.jpg

3914131936_c7769b44a7.jpg

3913345807_4181daff93.jpg

Here's my setup. I just got my G25 on September 13th, my birthday and I was very eager to set it up. I know its not as fancy or expensive as the other ones, but it suits me ;)
dscn6910.jpg

dscn6911.jpg

dscn6912e.jpg

dscn6913.jpg

Last edited:
Also the wheel not longer looks like that... but this.

IMG_5460.jpg
Interesting add-on you have for the steering wheel. Do you know who made it or was it one you did yourself?

I made this over the past weekend, I've been wanting a full cockpit but due to space issues my Wife wouldn't let me have one. So instead I built a partial cockpit. At its heart is a Raptor Ultimate Gaming Chair. It has 12 vibration motors and when racing it really adds to the experience. I'm not done yet as I need to do a little more work on the wood, put in a wire management system and paint.. but this will give you an idea. I started it last Friday night and got to this point this morning.

SANY0082.jpg

SANY0083.jpg

SANY0085.jpg

That's a partial cockpit? I wonder what the full cockpit would have looked like. No wonder the wife didn't want you to built a full one. It would have taken up the whole entire living room. You could have just made the wheel and pedal frame separate so that you could still use the chair separate as a lounge chair in the living room. That way the wife won't start yelling at you to get that damn thing out of the way when she wants to watch TV.

Good effort on your part thou. 👍

We have two living rooms so she can go to the other one lol. But I do have a space for it on the side of the room when its not in use. She would never let me keep it in the middle of the floor. lol

As for the gaming chair...I bought it this past wed. just for this project. If I want to lounge I can chill on the couch.

Thanks for the compliment dude!

Well, I look...right lol.

To be honest, I haven't experienced racing in front of my TV yet. I tried to make one but I failed at it. My neck doesn't hurt either. The fact that I drift alot in GT5P, the people I play with give me props for that because i'm literally looking sideways! It does feel funny but I'm already used to it since I got my G25. :sly:

Thanks to you guys for the great ideas! 👍
My setup is a case of function following whatever was available in the shed. I had to buy the 6M bolts for the logitec, carriage bolts and wood screws. The seat is the passenger side of an '88 civic dx that was given to my friend as a rusty parts bin - we couldn't believe our eyes when he pulled off the seat cover! Planning to slice the base in half. Was worried about the cantilever wiggle but it is minimal and it adds some "road feel":). The carriage (carrying wheel and shifter) moves 5.5" and could be slipped off for storage.

IMG_2253l.jpg

IMG_2254l.jpg

IMG_2264l.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my new racing cockpit :)
I'll paint it in march 2010.
Looks very neat. It even has a cup holder!
Why March 2010 for the paint job?
I made this over the past weekend
This is the first setup I've seen that uses the chair as the (for lack of a better word) foundation. I really like the look.
What is it you attached the shifter to? It has some material on it and looks nice.

I also built my setup from stuff I had around the garage.
It's not so easy using only what's available.
Seeing that you have built some adjustments into the setup does anyone else use the setup?
It's always better if someone enjoys racing along with you and gets hooked on the fun.
It's a lot more fun than using the controller.

Great job to all of you. 👍

This is the first setup I've seen that uses the chair as the (for lack of a better word) foundation. I really like the look.
What is it you attached the shifter to? It has some material on it and looks nice.

It took me a while to locate a chair that I felt was strong enough to build off of.

The shifter box I made from 3/4" MDF and then wrapped in faux leather. It came out rather nice I think. Thanks!

I posted my entire build throughout this past weekend in this forum to share. Check it out!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120325

Back