G25 Cockpits Lets See them!!

• Thread starter MoAK
  • 383 comments
I also built my setup from stuff I had around the garage.
It's not so easy using only what's available.
Seeing that you have built some adjustments into the setup does anyone else use the setup?
It's always better if someone enjoys racing along with you and gets hooked on the fun.
It's a lot more fun than using the controller.

Great job to all of you. 👍

Yes.. my wife also plays GTP5 - the seat is also functional. I also like different seating positions for different circuits. In fact, both of us have watched TV from that seat!

Here is my setup.
Pretty simple : a G25, a WheelStand Pro, a big TV and a couch.
So far = 👍👍👍

P10005348LOW.jpg

P10005328LOW.jpg

easy way to place a shifter...👍 and some new editions to the family

Attachments

• PB110223.jpg
    PB110223.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 17092009265.jpg
    17092009265.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Image007.jpg
    Image007.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Image008.jpg
    Image008.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 180
Not a G25, but a G27. just an update:

I was using the Fanatec Turbo wheel with the Fanatec Rennsport wheelstand. Now i am using the Logitech G27 with the Fanatec Rennsport wheelstand. The G27 wheel bolted and clamped right onto the stand with no problems. You use the front clamps along with two bolts on the bottom rear. The shifter is mounted with the same Fanatec G25 shifter mount that i used with the Fanatec Turbo wheels shifter. The pedals i clamped to the base with a piece of steel and a bolt.

This stand was with the Fanatec Turbo wheel, but it's twice as sturdy now with this new kit bolted to it. The main reason is due to the pedals being much heavier and also due to the steel plate that I used to clamp the pedals to the stand. The heavier the bottom is the sturdier the whole stand will be. the whole G27 kit itself has got to be a good 3-5 pounds heavier than the Fanatec Turbo kit. So with the steel plate i used to mount the pedals the whole stand has to be a good 4-6 pounds heavier now. Of course I don't have any real weight measurements, the whole setup just feels a few pounds heavier now.

Here are a few new pics of the Logitech G27 on the Fanatec Rennsport wheelstand.

IMG_4408.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

IMG_4417.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_4418.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

Could someone tell me where can i find a "how to" guide to make those upside-down paddles? My g25 is coming in wednesday and i would like to have something to modify in it and those paddles doesn't sound so hard to switch. Welding is not a problem to me... :)

Could someone tell me where can i find a "how to" guide to make those upside-down paddles? My g25 is coming in wednesday and i would like to have something to modify in it and those paddles doesn't sound so hard to switch. Welding is not a problem to me... :)
Well if nobody knows a guide to paddles do u even know any good guides to stiffen the shifter or do the "no clicking" mod? Because i've dried to find those guides but every link points to rscnet.org! :banghead:

Here's my DIY cockpit. It was easier than I thought it would be. Total cost is $150 (75 for the seat and 75 for the steel tube and sheet).
IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Just need to finish grinding the edges and paint.

Last edited:
Here's my quick set-up... Will get a proper one soon.
It was more clean in the 1st picture.. lol
Anyway, the G27 was a nice Christmas present.

lol, On a sidenote as you can see I'm a huge Street Fighter fan as well, though I'd say I'm a bigger Gran Turismo fan.

Last edited:
nothing special

eb1lxj.jpg

16nxiu.jpg

nbbuva.jpg

see signature for details.....

the wheel and seat are out of my e36 M3, it's in storage for winter so I thought they would serve more of a purpose on the sim!

Last edited:
I opened a thread by not finding this.copyed it over. Now the old thread can be deleted thanks

So here is race setup:

my pc rig (details under pc thread)
My denon 1910 7.1 AVR,
PS3 60Gigs->500Gb
Xbox 360 acarde with 20Gb (all used)
buttkicker gamer

Here my TV which i use for everything (PC/TV/PS3/XBOX)

And now the main utility:

When i don't use it i put it between the 2 desks so i won't bother with the place

My racing seat:
with Fia homologation (i used it in the car before, but it is not legal here, no homologation for road use)

installed:

Perfect hight:

No mods on the wheel yet. Brake mod wanted!
This is just the replacement until i finished my metal cockpit. it will be inbetween chilicoke's , fanatec, and the gt3 cockpit. topped with a original dashboard

For anyone who has made a more intense cockpit what material have you used to trial build it before doing the real thing?

Foam core board, old boxes, scrap wood whatever works.

Here's mine. Well, it's just barely past conception... I started but an untimely cold has pushed back fabrication by a couple day. Hopefully I'll have real pictures within a week. Then, another couple days to wire up all the electronics (BK LFE, Bose 5.1, G27, 42" LCD, handbrake).

Happy racing!

Attachments

• cockpit covered tv mount smoke.jpg
    cockpit covered tv mount smoke.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 102
For anyone who has made a more intense cockpit what material have you used to trial build it before doing the real thing?

Use a good drafting program. I use Autodesk/AutoCad, it is just awesome. However, there are less expensive (free) programs available... try Google SketchUp. If you have the measurements you need, or at least a rough idea, it should provide you all of the trial-and-error you need without costing you one red cent. By the way, what the h__l is a "red cent" anyway?

**sorry for the double post, just saw his question**

Yeah that will get a design but how do you work out the final mesurements of everything?

Does it do it for you because i want to get all the metal pre-cut since im lacking some tools that why im trying to get measurements.

Yeah that will get a design but how do you work out the final mesurements of everything?

Does it do it for you because i want to get all the metal pre-cut since im lacking some tools that why im trying to get measurements.

Well, like Chilicoke and I, we used our cars as a basis of general dimensions. the free program, Google SketchUp has a measurement and angle associated with every line. If you were to draw it up on there, youd have the exact measurements of everything. Two thoughts of wisdom, take your time and design correctly, you'll save yourself a ton of headache and time. Secondly, don't forget to add an extra inch to your piping (if your welding) on each side. Having open ends just isn't very eye appealing and the sharp edges are dangerous. If yusing 1 inch steel/aluminum tubing, you add an extra inch on each side which is then cut on three sides so that that remaining "flap can be bent flat across the opening and welded so that you have a closed end tube... it looks good, it's safe and it's not those cheap plastic inserts

Here's two examples:
cockpitcovered.jpg

cockpitwireframe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for your input and help, I will give it a go.

My pleasure. Feel free to PM me if you have any direct questions you need answered ASAP during your design and build. Otherwise, post them on here so everyone else can benefit from any info shared.

Cheers!

**On a side note, I'm building the cockpit you see in the pictures. It will be my fiirst one of this magnitude (have another steel cockpit now very similar to RedRacings, built it two years ago). I'd probably, very easily I might add, be able to be talked out of it, once completed. I want to do one, figure out any kinks and then build five or six of them. When doing so, I'll want them all to match. Hence, I won't want or need this first one. I'm not advertising it for sale or implying that it is for sale, just that I may not have a need for it very soon.**

Last edited:
Yeah mate, I would probably be interested but im in Adelaide, Australia and I take it from your location near your name your from Lusby, Maryland, USA. Which would probably make life very hard to send. But I do appreciate your help and if I have anymore questions ill deffenly let you know. Plus ill keep an eye out on your thread because what im going to make is very similar to Chillicoke's just probably not quiet as wide (due to smaller seat and not as much room).

Edit - Not looking good, I dont know how in the world to use this SketchUp lol, I havent ever done anything like CAD before. Anyone got any tips on how to use it easily.

You dont want to send me your .skp file do you, I wont copy it exactly i just want to get an idea of how it works by looking at one that someone has already designed.

Last edited:
Mine you see is a trial build cost arond 80 bugs and 1h30 of time. and you got someting to touch and something to play meanwhile.
I made a prebuilt in real because you need to feel if the height and lenghts are right for you.
I realised that the console for the seat can have a maximum of 5 centimer to get the best feeling. the base support for the wheel is for me 80cm (for my height of 1.80m)
The one you see there is my third and now i have all the mesurment to take it to the real one made of metal

Design wise it will look between chilicoke's, fanatec and gt3 cockpits

Hello everyone, I'm a pretty big GT fan and got into the series at GT3. I never thought I'd be into it this serious though. I've put countless hours into GT5P trying to trim down milliseconds off my times in time trial mode - my most favorite and enjoyable part of the game so far. Stock specs for the win.

Top Gear, my favorite TV show naturally, is pretty awesome. Too bad the Stig has been a bit of a prick lately, that's all I'll say in case some haven't caught up to the news yet.

What you see here, ladies and gentlemen, is my gaming/racing rig setup.

PlayseatTopGearToneMappedSpec2SideNewScreen.jpg

PlayseatIMG_5079ImageToned2NewScreen.jpg

Visual:
Samsung LCD LNS-4095D 40 inch 1080p
PS Eye

Audio:
Pioneer 7.1 Receiver VSX-1019AH
Sennheiser HD 650/HD555

Consoles:
Playstation 3 - 1st generation - upgraded to 500 GB from the original 60 GB
Xbox 360 Elite - racing wheel not shown
Playstation 2 – lonely and collecting dust