G25 Cockpits Lets See them!!

• Thread starter MoAK
  • 383 comments
Wow bad ass!

How's the buttkicker with gt5p? I'm thinking of buying one for gt5.

It works great with nearly all racing games when dialed in properly.

I have been a subwoofer fiend for ages. I own one subwoofer that can shake the foundation of most houses loose (a 5000watt driven 4 - 12" high excursion drivers driven in one housing). <- With that said. Nothing I have tried adds to gaming immersion as much as a properly calibrated buttkicker.

I high recommend getting one ASAP!

Last edited:
See my post and get a butt-kicker.

With a butt-kicker, you don't really know its there, but when it's missing, YOU WILL KNOW it's not there.

Funny huh.

Works great with watching action movies and action gaming too. Each time you pull a trigger or see a grenade land by you in Modern Warfare 2, it's about as awesome as it can get.

Just ordered a buttkicker gamer 2!!
thanks

Good, its the new amplifier that will last longer from prolonged excessive shaking and won't overheat as much. I've never really had issues with overheating. The only time its a concern is if you use it right up to 11 and it throws you off.

Guys... this is my G25 cockpit :) Diy built from scratch.

Who wants to check out my thread: This is it: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=129396

Quick Review of the project:

It is all made out of wood, 18mm pine sheets and white wood beams for support and structuring. The project took around 4 months of thinking and mind drawing (it happens a lot to me) and 2 months construction.

Apart from wood it has leather inserts (with hand stiched GT Logo) and a carpet for car like feeling. The bucket seat was bought brand new for a bargain price of &#8364;110.

The total construction price tag, including seat, came to around &#8364;230 - &#8364;250. The G25, bought a year ago off ebay cost me &#8364;178 including shipping to Malta from the UK.

PS: Don't tell me that the shifter is on the wrong side, you drive on the wrong side not us Maltese :P Enjoy guys, and happy GT to all :)

One of the ApexVStands set up in the corner of my bedroom (good for "sleep driving"). Waiting on UPS to knock on my door today with my larger flat screens. The single monitor platform is a prototype. Design of the final version, and a tri-screen version, both with optional VESA mounts, will be completed Monday and sent to the the manufacturer for production quotes.

Once I get one of the bigger screens hooked up, might shoot and upload some video later today of F1 2010 (paddle shifting only) and some GT5P--lots of manual stick shifting. Still trying to improve my time on Eiger Nordwand.

ApexVStandBedroom01.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

Just decided to share my Racing Rig with you guys :)

02_1285944329.jpg

01_1285944313.jpg

Basis is an Speedmaster V2
Seat: Sparco F300 Sport
Wheel: OMP Superquadro with Sparco Racing Control Kit
Monitorstand is selfmade

Became quiet expansiv in the end, but definitely worth it 👍

Looks very clean, I like 👍 Looks like the screen is a tad low? Depends on your height of course. Love the seat too btw :)

Hello everyone!

02_1285944329.jpg

01_1285944313.jpg

Seat: Sparco F300 Sport
Wheel: OMP Superquadro with Sparco Racing Control Kit
Monitorstand is selfmade

Became quiet expansiv in the end, but definitely worth it 👍

How compact is the Speedmaster V2?

@Timppaq
Yeah, Monitor is a little bit to low.
But since iam anyway planing on geting an new one with 24" and Full HD for GT5 iam gona adjust it then. :)

@ UK-Gamer
Size without Seat and Shiftholder:
1540mm x 530mm

Shiftholder adds 180mm in width,
and the Seat arround 100mm in length.
But that depends on how far you push the seat back!
Iam by the way 1,75m tall :)

@ UK-Gamer
Size without Seat and Shiftholder:
1540mm x 530mm

Shiftholder adds 180mm in width,
and the Seat arround 100mm in length.
But that depends on how far you push the seat back!
Iam by the way 1,75m tall :)

Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, your shifter is on the wrong side :sly:

Hello everyone!

02_1285944329.jpg

01_1285944313.jpg

Bummer that they don't ship the Speedmaster to NA. At least not yet.
Is there any flex on the wheel?

I currently use a playseat. I was thinking of just upgrading the seat itself but now I am planning on building one from scratch since I can't find a setup in the U.S. that I like. You guys in the UK are lucky. There a ton to choose from where you live. Here it's slim pickings.

Last edited:
Bummer that they don't ship the Speedmaster to NA. At least not yet.
Is there any flex on the wheel?

I currently has a playseat. Was thinking of just upgrading the seat itself but now I am planning on building one from scratch since I can't find a setup in the U.S. that I like. You guys in the UK are lucky. There a ton to choose from there.

Well you do have the Obutto, that is what all of these inexpensive rigs are based around. Have a look at GT Omega Racing Cockpit, the cockpits at Pagnian Imports, Speedmaster V2.........

Completed this stainless cockpit last year

this is the best set up I have seen as well, because you have speakers connected to it. I have speakers around my couch, but what you have done is very impressive:tup:

Ok,

Here's a few sims in my HT. The foreground sim features a custom Kirkey racing seat with the G25 and three transducers. Racing duals in 2 player mode..Feed The Speed Addiction!

What's the official name or part number of the joints you've used on the four corners, footings, steering mount and steering poll join please? :crazy:

It's been awhile since I posted in this thread, but here is my updated G25 cockpit with hard mounted ButtKicker.

88428d18.jpg

18b6f2a8.jpg

Added Speaker Terminal to make cockpit more portable.
bc5245ab.jpg

Back