G25 Cockpits Lets See them!!

• Thread starter MoAK
  • 383 comments
Nobody else has tried inverting the pedals yet?

G25_GTC8.jpg

G25_GTC7.jpg

My cockpit setup is the "official" Sparco GT4 setup, with a small table located adjacent, in order to mount the shifter in a more realistic location. I originally had the pedals bolted to the pedal plate on the cockpit, but I felt like voiding my warranty in search of better pedal spacing. (ie brake and throttle closer together, like my RL car has). Turns out that the pedals on the G25 are totally modular, meaning that if you remove the outer plastic casing, all three pedals have their own independent assemblies and mounting holes, so that they can each be mounted any way you want. I've been wanting to go with an inverted setup but not ready to plunk down the money on a Frex or ECCI setup. Turns out that this way works better than I could have possibly imagined.

Honestly, I never play GT4 anymore, as I've gone back to PC sims like GTR2 and rFactor, since every function on the G25 is properly supported. With my current setup, driving is approaching the feeling of a real car, with even heel-toe downshifting possible.

what about the throttle pedal? I find it too light, there should be more resistance there too, inless you want to mimic driving a car that has drive by wire-throttle.

what about the throttle pedal? I find it too light, there should be more resistance there too, inless you want to mimic driving a car that has drive by wire-throttle.

It all depends on what you are used to driving in real life. I have no problem with the resistance of the throttle pedal, and neither of my cars are drive by wire. A previous one was, but the pedal was no lighter in that car.

My cockpit setup is the "official" Sparco GT4 setup
Please can you fix the first image and post a closeup of the shifter mounting? I have the same setup waiting for a g25, your solution looks neat. 👍

Ed. Thanks!

*If you want an extra feel in I recommend a Buttkicker:

Please can you fix the first image and post a closeup of the shifter mounting? I have the same setup waiting for a g25, your solution looks neat. 👍

*If you want an extra feel in I recommend a Buttkicker:

Better than a Buttkicker, there's the Ivibe TFS2 (unfortunately, only works in its "native" mode on rFactor, GPL and Nascar Racing 2003 :guilty: )

My cockpit setup is the "official" Sparco GT4 setup, with a small table located adjacent, in order to mount the shifter in a more realistic location. I originally had the pedals bolted to the pedal plate on the cockpit, but I felt like voiding my warranty in search of better pedal spacing. (ie brake and throttle closer together, like my RL car has). Turns out that the pedals on the G25 are totally modular, meaning that if you remove the outer plastic casing, all three pedals have their own independent assemblies and mounting holes, so that they can each be mounted any way you want. I've been wanting to go with an inverted setup but not ready to plunk down the money on a Frex or ECCI setup. Turns out that this way works better than I could have possibly imagined.

Honestly, I never play GT4 anymore, as I've gone back to PC sims like GTR2 and rFactor, since every function on the G25 is properly supported. With my current setup, driving is approaching the feeling of a real car, with even heel-toe downshifting possible.

Nice system and thanks for the "new" photos (I had seen the others on RSC :) )

The Cobra seat fit like a glove once I got the correct bracket. The seat cost more than the frame, but those long hours on GT4 and GTR1/2 make my back really appreciate it. I'm in the process of making the stick shift sit more securely on the right side. I just need to find time to make it out of carbon plates or somethng 💡

i like the way you inverted the pedals... but... dont you think they might break easily without support from the sides? the only support it has is from the screws at the top.

very interesting though :) i really like it. didn't think that the pedals could be separated. good job!

Will get some more pics tommorow if you want.

Please post more pics :) i really like your setup and im going to have a one built just like yours after the holidays. the only problem seems to be the location of the shifter. you should have tried getting it closer to the seat or is that the place you really intended it to be?

anyway, can you send me some measurements? thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

This is my first prototype for the cockpit, the only thing that is adjustable at the moment is the seat.

Cost:
seat $300
adjustable rails $70
MDF $50

The next one is in the development stages. It will have adjustable steering height.

Attachments

• G25-001.jpg
    G25-001.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 722
  • G25-002.jpg
    G25-002.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 958
G25
Hi guys,

This is my first prototype for the cockpit, the only thing that is adjustable at the moment is the seat.

Cost:
seat $300
adjustable rails $70
MDF $50

The next one is in the development stages. It will have adjustable steering height.
Let me be the first to welcome you at the GTP forum. Have a nice stay.

Your cockpit is very well build. It looks nice and sturdy. Nice job!!!

Let me be the first to welcome you at the GTP forum. Have a nice stay.

Your cockpit is very well build. It looks nice and sturdy. Nice job!!!

Thanks kikie,

It's not to bad, has some flex from end to end, for example the steering wheel moves up and down. Some extra bracing should stop this....

Ok,

Here's a few sims in my HT. The foreground sim features a custom Kirkey racing seat with the G25 and three transducers. Racing duals in 2 player mode..Feed The Speed Addiction!

Attachments

• TWIN SIM  HT.jpg
    TWIN SIM HT.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,019
  • G25 WHEEL SIM.jpg
    G25 WHEEL SIM.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 461
Yeah, it makes a world of difference, and drifting feels more natural. Only thing thats missing is a handbrake you can quickly yank to slide around a hairpin, but i think you can rig another controller up to have the handbrake press a button or something would do... ill try to work on that one.

maybe this is an idea for your handbrake?

here

A lot off mess, I just installed everything back. I had sold my PS2 to my nephew and I bought it back a couple of days ago. Because I sold my DFP, I bought a G25 setup for the occasion.

The G25 feels more realistic because it's bigger.

Ok,

Here's a few sims in my HT. The foreground sim features a custom Kirkey racing seat with the G25 and three transducers. Racing duals in 2 player mode..Feed The Speed Addiction!

Impressive, very well built.

Joe,

Thanks for your comment on my simulators. The tubing is 1.5" aluminum alloy. More technical information is on my website @ rednecksimulators.com

Clarence

Completed this stainless cockpit last year after many hours in the garage. You may have seen it already at the RSC website. Extremely happy with the final result.

I just recently purchased the G25 and a PS3. My plan is to mount the shifter onto the side table and produce a pedal adapter that will allow me to quickly change the ECCI pedals with the G25’s to switch from PC racing to Playstation. Also have a Buttkicker mounted under the seat.

I’ll update a picture when the shifter and pedals are mounted.

Attachments

• sim1.JPG
    sim1.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,580
  • g25PS3.JPG
    g25PS3.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,162
  • Buttkicker.JPG
    Buttkicker.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 861
Back