G25 Cockpits Lets See them!!

• Thread starter MoAK
  • 383 comments
Completed this stainless cockpit last year after many hours in the garage. You may have seen it already at the RSC website. Extremely happy with the final result.

I just recently purchased the G25 and a PS3. My plan is to mount the shifter onto the side table and produce a pedal adapter that will allow me to quickly change the ECCI pedals with the G25’s to switch from PC racing to Playstation. Also have a Buttkicker mounted under the seat.

I’ll update a picture when the shifter and pedals are mounted.

That looks like my future son/daugther's crib.....lol

That looks the best I ever seen.....what speakers you got.....are you using a subwoofer? I would've had like Logitech speakers.....or maybe Bose.....for the quality. heheh

Nobody else has tried inverting the pedals yet?

G25_GTC8.jpg

G25_GTC7.jpg

My cockpit setup is the "official" Sparco GT4 setup, with a small table located adjacent, in order to mount the shifter in a more realistic location. I originally had the pedals bolted to the pedal plate on the cockpit, but I felt like voiding my warranty in search of better pedal spacing. (ie brake and throttle closer together, like my RL car has). Turns out that the pedals on the G25 are totally modular, meaning that if you remove the outer plastic casing, all three pedals have their own independent assemblies and mounting holes, so that they can each be mounted any way you want. I've been wanting to go with an inverted setup but not ready to plunk down the money on a Frex or ECCI setup. Turns out that this way works better than I could have possibly imagined.

Honestly, I never play GT4 anymore, as I've gone back to PC sims like GTR2 and rFactor, since every function on the G25 is properly supported. With my current setup, driving is approaching the feeling of a real car, with even heel-toe downshifting possible.

purely ingenious. thats all i can say. nice work... u get a 10/10 from me buddy.
and yer as said before the resistance on the gas pedal is not enough but meh wat can u do about it lol.

-=De|tA=-

now THAT, is a cockpit. VVEEERRYY nice ... how much lol
Thanks. How much to make? Not much money for the material but lots of time.

That looks the best I ever seen.....what speakers you got.....are you using a subwoofer? I would've had like Logitech speakers.....or maybe Bose.....for the quality. heheh
I've been using the Logitech Z580's for about 5 years now. The sub is crackling now. Fortunately the buttkicker provides all the low frequency I need.

I managed to mount the shifter this past weekend but the pedals may take some time.

Attachments

• P2110042.JPG
    P2110042.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 879
Nobody else has tried inverting the pedals yet?

G25_GTC8.jpg

G25_GTC7.jpg

My cockpit setup is the "official" Sparco GT4 setup, with a small table located adjacent, in order to mount the shifter in a more realistic location. I originally had the pedals bolted to the pedal plate on the cockpit, but I felt like voiding my warranty in search of better pedal spacing. (ie brake and throttle closer together, like my RL car has). Turns out that the pedals on the G25 are totally modular, meaning that if you remove the outer plastic casing, all three pedals have their own independent assemblies and mounting holes, so that they can each be mounted any way you want. I've been wanting to go with an inverted setup but not ready to plunk down the money on a Frex or ECCI setup. Turns out that this way works better than I could have possibly imagined.

Honestly, I never play GT4 anymore, as I've gone back to PC sims like GTR2 and rFactor, since every function on the G25 is properly supported. With my current setup, driving is approaching the feeling of a real car, with even heel-toe downshifting possible.

how does it work out with the inverted pedals?

oh and btw, i wondering that nobody ever mentioned that shucked up looking cat! just hilarious the way she looks :D

I've been using the Logitech Z580's for about 5 years now. The sub is crackling now. Fortunately the buttkicker provides all the low frequency I need.

I managed to mount the shifter this past weekend but the pedals may take some time.

nice cockpit man! pic of you ridin in it?💡

BTW: how's that keyboard called? mine is crap and the one from your pic looks neat:sly:

i like the way you inverted the pedals... but... dont you think they might break easily without support from the sides? the only support it has is from the screws at the top.

very interesting though :) i really like it. didn't think that the pedals could be separated. good job!

Actually, with two bolts holding each pedal in place on a solid steel plate, it would take quite a bit to make them move. This setup is extremely comfortable and natural to use, and the pedal spacing is such that I can switch from LFB to RFB at any time. Not that I have the skills to do it without forgetting which pedal is which :dunce: , but it is possible.

More recently, I've ditched the uncomfortable Sparco for a spare Miata seat I had. It is leather, reclinable, and has headrest speakers along with a bass shaker built-in. At some point, I'll actually hook them up, but for now the sound from the home theatre is more than adequate.

Completed this stainless cockpit last year after many hours in the garage. You may have seen it already at the RSC website. Extremely happy with the final result.

I just recently purchased the G25 and a PS3. My plan is to mount the shifter onto the side table and produce a pedal adapter that will allow me to quickly change the ECCI pedals with the G25’s to switch from PC racing to Playstation. Also have a Buttkicker mounted under the seat.

I’ll update a picture when the shifter and pedals are mounted.

That is pure Genius! You are probably working with this these tubes and welding department on a daily basis to create such a thing?
If not, i tip my hat to you man! 10 out of 10! Awesome work! Oh yes you can be extremely happy with the final result !

BTW: how's that keyboard called? mine is crap and the one from your pic looks neat

It’s a Zippy EL-620 mini keyboard with illuminated capability for racing in a dim-lit environment. Wouldn’t recommend it for normal PC usage but it’s perfect for this cockpit because of the size and blue-light.

http://www.zippy.com.tw/K_Product_d...d&pck_rfnbr=1&pck_name=EL Keyboard&lv_rfnbr=2

That is pure Genius! You are probably working with this these tubes and welding department on a daily basis to create such a thing?

Our company has all the material and tools but I rarely use them myself since I don’t work in our shop. I did all the bending, grinding and polishing in my garage and then paid a welder to assist me with the assembly. It was a long process that I didn’t rush… took over a year to complete because I was away from home so often.

A sincere thanks for the compliments guys.

Updated version for G25...

Attachments

• IMG_1051_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1051_resize_resize.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_1050_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1050_resize_resize.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_1049_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1049_resize_resize.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_1048_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1048_resize_resize.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_1047_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1047_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 516
Part two...

Attachments

• IMG_1052_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1052_resize_resize.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1053_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1053_resize_resize.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_1054_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1054_resize_resize.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1055_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    IMG_1055_resize_resize_resize.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 280

Hey cdn57!

I first saw your setup over at RSC and still am in awe of the craftsmanship!

As for your previous post concerning being able to switch between the ECCI pedals & the G25 pedals, if memory serves me correctly, you should be able to use the ECCI pedals all the time, as I remember someone stating over at the RSC forums that the G25 uses the same type of 9pin connector for the pedals...

Am I wrong in this regards?

Thx-

SRD

Hey cdn57!

I first saw your setup over at RSC and still am in awe of the craftsmanship!

As for your previous post concerning being able to switch between the ECCI pedals & the G25 pedals, if memory serves me correctly, you should be able to use the ECCI pedals all the time, as I remember someone stating over at the RSC forums that the G25 uses the same type of 9pin connector for the pedals...

Am I wrong in this regards?

Hey SRD,

I've got the HDUSB electronics for the pedals which plug into the computer directly with a USB port. The Playstation won't detect the device. I have the old electronics for the Red Momo Force but that's a 25 pin connector that isn't compatible with the G25. I suppose I could purchase the G25 compatible electronics but, honestly, I'm not getting the satisfaction from racing on a console that I get from the PC so I can't justify the cost.
I'm experiencing lag issues with the wheel playing F1:CE and Motorstorm doesn't even recognize the G25 pedals. If the new Gran Turismo doesn't incorporate collision damage, then I'll be passing on that as well.

Currently I've got a wooden bracket for the G25 pedals which allows for a quick change.

Hey rats, nice cockpit. I like the pedals, how did you do that? I am thinking about doing that with mine, but I am not sure how to do it.

hey djblackmon

It,s not to hard to make it's getting the angle right it took me a couple a go's to get it .The pedal's are screwed to 19mm square tube, the angle may be a bit different for your seating position.

rats3572: I'd really appreciate seeing more angles of your stand, especially from the front, showing the TV stand.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I use a 26 inch screen in my bedroom and sit about the same distance as that pic. It would be about th right distance for it. I couldnt imagine getting away with anything bigger than 32" personaly and you wouldnt be able to play sd stuff like ps2 games on the bigger screens. 26" would be ok but not great in sd, the difference with gt4 and a few extra feet is huge.

Sorry for small OT but I would like to ask just one quick question:

Does GTHD work with clutch and 'H type' gear shifting ? or just up and down shifting and no clutch ?

If it does work with it I'm getting one instantly because I find it very hard to play GTHD on a SIXAXIS, much harder than playing GT4 on DS2 :(
Difference was so big that I had to finaly learn how to play with MT - wheels were spining even on R3 tyres which I find quite strange ....

BTW my results in GTHD are 'Lotrzyna' results on:
http://gt.hobby-site.com/index.php?lang=en

best achievement so far - 1'13.681 with GTR (owning PS3 only since 01.05.07)

Back