G25 to G27 and Vice Versa Shifter

• Thread starter MozzMann
  • 94 comments
Hey!
i was wondering if someone could help me out a bit with a wiring question.
I have a G29 wheel and a G25 shifter and thought i would try to see if i could change out the DB9 connecter and solder the wires.

I was unable to see the placements of the original wires because of a plastic "thing", so i just cut the wire and stripped it.
However, the colors threw me a bit, so i'm wondering if anybody has seen something similiar and can point me in the right direction.

Especially the wire that has no protection. I thought at first that it had come off when i stripped the main wire, but after opening it more carefully, that was not the case.
Is the one without protection the shorting wire? Is that the one that is moved from pin 1 to pin 7 in the connector?
IMG_20211124_134119583.jpg

Hey!
i was wondering if someone could help me out a bit with a wiring question.
I have a G29 wheel and a G25 shifter and thought i would try to see if i could change out the DB9 connecter and solder the wires.

I was unable to see the placements of the original wires because of a plastic "thing", so i just cut the wire and stripped it.
However, the colors threw me a bit, so i'm wondering if anybody has seen something similiar and can point me in the right direction.

Especially the wire that has no protection. I thought at first that it had come off when i stripped the main wire, but after opening it more carefully, that was not the case.
Is the one without protection the shorting wire? Is that the one that is moved from pin 1 to pin 7 in the connector?
View attachment 1095805
I have the same issue, I try to reconnect the cables from the pedals (g29) to the db9 connector but I can't find a wiring diagram

Hi MozzMann,

Quick question regarding re-wiring my G25 shifter to work with my G27 wheel..

Looking at the pin out diagram is this looking at the inside of the DB9 connector where you actually solder the wires?

g27tog25.jpg

Thanks
could the G27 wiring work for G29?

Hi, everyone! Sorry for reviving this post.

I tried to change the wires, the purple (6th wire) with the black (1st wire) now my G25 Shifter turns on the power light when I connect my G920 to my computer, but I didn't receive any input from the shifter, already tried put the gear on N during the calibration and after putting it on reverse, but still without any input, anyone has any tip to fix it?

thanks anyway.

Back