G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 275 comments
Well, I won't say it made me faster, but it sure does make me more consistent. Pressed a few other buttons, didnt notice a difference with anything. Hit 1&2 and some of the d-pad and wheel buttons with no affect.

Personally it feels reducing deadzone on center along with shorter turn radius like I originally thought.
After many tests I'm still thinking at that deadzone is way much smaller on O setting (also on others too), and like when driving over curbs front wheels aren't shaking due that huge deadzone and grip contains through turn easily, also when changing turn to opposite direction in chicanes or similar places grip contains way better now.

ABS 0 Driving was way easier after this O setting. (900-270=630degree?)

Problem for me is I immediately noticed it. I wonder if this will fix the reduced degrees of rotation while on a dirt or snow track. Which I cannot stand.

My dead zone feels the same to me, the difference I feel is in how hard it will bounce back and forth off the dead zone limits. Especially on T. that said I'm going into a drift lobby for the first time since I got the G27! Nice.

Problem for me is I immediately noticed it. I wonder if this will fix the reduced degrees of rotation while on a dirt or snow track. Which I cannot stand.
I've never notice my wheel ever switch to a different steering ratio. its been 900 degrees for every car I've ever driven with it to include plenty of rally and some f1. However, This will make Rally cars feel much, much better.

Well, I just used the "O" setting in a 60 lap endurance race and managed to go from last to 3rd against several gentleman I don't normally beat. I don't care if it made me faster or not, but it sure felt better than the stock setting. I was much more precise and consistent with it this way. T'aint never going back!

Well, I just used the "O" setting in a 60 lap endurance race and managed to go from last to 3rd against several gentleman I don't normally beat. I don't care if it made me faster or not, but it sure felt better than the stock setting. I was much more precise and consistent with it this way. T'aint never going back!
👍 Proof is in the puddin! I agree, I feel much more consistent.

Confirmed at works also on DFGT
Not sure are radius changes exact same (thought so) but definitely works on DFGT.

Can some G25 owner test this also on G25?

OdeFinn
Not sure are radius changes exact same (thought so) but definitely works on DFGT.

Which buttons on the dfgt are used? They're not exactly labeled the same as the G27. Bunch of DFGT users out there, would likely love to hear this.

Last edited:

I think this may lock it in as a logitech hardware function. Does anyone have a fanatec wheel they can test this with too?

:tup:Cant wait to try this!:drool: Can somebody post the combos to use to get the different settings for the dfgt? or have they already?

:tup:Cant wait to try this!:drool: Can somebody post the combos to use to get the different settings for the dfgt? or have they already?

I assume S is square and T is triangle. The X and O are obvious.

See if that is right.

Found three undocumented settings from G27, one of them removes deadzone from center, is this "we know it already" stuff and no need for topic at all?

Personally haven't know it before.

Instructions later if people think at this is something what they want to know.

[1+2] + O = ~670°
[1+2] + S = ~450°
[1+2] + X = 900° Resets to default
[1+2] + T = ~240°

1 and 2 buttons goes down almost same time, I have used order 1-2 and then selection without any specific delay, then releasing selection key and also 1 and 2 buttons.
Have done it everywhere, on track, on menus, so doesn't matter where.
If you keep small tension on wheel when switching to 0deadzone mode you feel small *klak* and movement of wheel.

I have figured this out yesterday so not much testing yet, hopefully somebody have time to test this also on PC, 100% sure at it will have effect on PS3.

Works also on DFGT (1=start 2=select), needed someone to test on G25 also.

If you like it please tell me it also, and if understanding better some of those modes please tell here it also and we'll update this post.
(c)OdeFinn (lol)

I finally tried it out last night and all I can say is its sweet! I can't believe logitech doesn't advertise this feature,definetly a selling point. Still going to test it on GT3 that doesn't support a 900 degree wheel.

Tried it out quickly today. T setting was undriveable for me; far too twitchy. O setting wasn't bad, but I guess I'm too used to 900 deg and prefer the extra range of control. Never had much of a complaint about not being able to turn quick enough before, so I don't know, might just stick with the stock settings. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. Would have been nice to have used these settings the last year or two.

This is a very cool find. I can't believe it took this long to be uncovered. Thank you for sharing!

I'm guessing you have a penchant for understatement. ;)

This is a change your political preference, Nobel Prize worthy, life altering discovery! :sly: ;)

Seriously though, this changes everything for logitech wheel users and puts their gear up there with thrustmaster and fanatec for adaptability at the least. Logitech is way out front in customer service. I've read enough to compare others experience with my own with Logitech and I can honestly say that if the choice was a $500.00 piece of Logitech gear and $300.00 piece of equal or better gear from one of those others, I'd be putting my money in Logitech's pocket. It's a pure d shame they plan to bail on the console wheel market.

Tried it out quickly today. T setting was undriveable for me; far too twitchy. O setting wasn't bad, but I guess I'm too used to 900 deg and prefer the extra range of control. Never had much of a complaint about not being able to turn quick enough before, so I don't know, might just stick with the stock settings. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. Would have been nice to have used these settings the last year or two.

Stick with it Joe. If this, older dog than you, can make the adjustment, I'm sure you can. While I agree the T setting is way to much, I already know S will help me drift and the O is so much closer to how the real cars we drive every day behave that I doubt anyone with long time, real world driving time, racing or not, will be better with that setting than the stupid 900° stock. I actually think the X setting is not the stock setting either. Think when you hit that it removes most, if not all, deadzone that might exist with the default calibration that gets set at boot/launch.

Last edited:
Rallywagon
I've never notice my wheel ever switch to a different steering ratio. its been 900 degrees for every car I've ever driven with it to include plenty of rally and some f1. However, This will make Rally cars feel much, much better.

Go to a dirt track the degrees of rotation has been reduced to basically the same degrees as 1+2+O. I have always hated this since they implemented it.

I am going to try to see if 1+2+X will fix that. Also the same thing with the X2011 Red Bull and go karts, I hope this will adjust this.

I 'actually think the X setting is not the stock setting either. Think when you hit that it removes most, if not all, deadzone that might exist with the default calibration that gets set at boot/launch.

Feeling same, I think at all those settings reduce deadzone and also reduce (or disable) centering spring.. Waiting for more test reviews 💡

There must be a reason Logitech didn't make this info public. For the life of me though, I cant figure out what that reason may be. Still though it seems to be a great find, to bad I don't use my g27 anymore.

OdeFinn
Feeling same, I think at all those settings reduce deadzone and also reduce (or disable) centering spring.. Waiting for more test reviews 💡

Honestly, I think it is more less a degree of rotation changer than anything.

Like I said before, I accidentally did the 1+2+Circle one a week ago. Which all they do is change the degrees of rotation it seems.

Which is good for switching between the the F1 cars.

I am going to see if any of these settings will fix the Dirt track limited degrees of rotation. I hope it will.

There must be a reason Logitech didn't make this info public. For the life of me though, I cant figure out what that reason may be. Still though it seems to be a great find, to bad I don't use my g27 anymore.

I've been wondering the same thing. The only thing that I've been able to come up with is that maybe the wheel wears faster under certain circumstances using these settings. I can't figure out why that would be, though. In any case, as with all undocumented features, the unexpected may occur.

OdeFinn
Lock2Lock which part of your message you believe?

What? Sorry I am miss understanding what you are getting at.

Just checked the dirt and snow tracks tested each setting. Still no, it is still limited. Oh well I guess.

But after playing with it on normal tracks, only thing that works is the limited degrees of rotation selection. It does like you said, the deadzone feels better, but I can't stand the limited degrees of rotation.

Could I possibly be doing something wrong? Or is there not a way to get the full degrees of rotation and the better feel.

Last edited:
A Photo Journal of the affect these settings have on the G27.

These are at the XMB and depict what I consider to be the deadzone. I moved the wheel to the right until I felt resistance then left until the same. It disappears in the F2007 in game, sitting on the track. While I was getting all these pictures I noticed any movement of the wheel, however slight, made the wheels change on screen. You can use the wheel mounting screws to gauge rotational degrees.

1011159_410086735770867_2108526764_n.jpg
969797_410086985770842_2118169563_n.jpg

Wheel calibrating at GT5 Launch

998916_410087485770792_1498284906_n.jpg
558519_410087479104126_1727924233_n.jpg

Deadzone still exists in GT5 menu screens

970838_410088269104047_486129353_n.jpg

No Setting - Wheel straight, passing through 360° and Left Lock

1098372_410091422437065_916764539_n.jpg
1098137_410091429103731_1360315010_n.jpg

17742_410091425770398_1156853504_n.jpg

Setting "X" - Wheels straight and left lock

1012128_410091979103676_470396305_n.jpg
1098164_410091975770343_1554756703_n.jpg

Setting "O" - you get the idea - Left Lock did not pass 360°

1098081_410092359103638_1130087285_n.jpg

Setting "S"

601378_410092762436931_1553927788_n.jpg

Yes, I know, my hand is blocking the screw at the top of the Logitech Logo. Use the opposite screw, and add whatever you come up with past 0°, to 180°.

Setting "T"

1146637_410093835770157_2043913428_n.jpg

If anyone has some software to take and add measurements to these it would be awesome.

Have had some reports from DFGT owners the button presses are not working changing the steering at all.

I've tried the 1080, 900, 720, 540, 360 on the T500 with F1 at Monaco and nothing for was better then 900.

When are you supposed to hit the button combo; is it when you're on track, in the pits or some place else?

When are you supposed to hit the button combo; is it when you're on track, in the pits or some place else?

Anywhere after game has made wheel calibration.
Menus/track no matter, just don't press or push other buttons or pedals same time.

This reminds me of the somewhat similar settings on the DFP. It was something like select + R3 + Left paddle = 360 degree rotation, and start + L3 + Left paddle = Less force feedback.

Have you guys tried these combinations of 1+2+ any of the paddles?

Have had some reports from DFGT owners the button presses are not working changing the steering at all.

Going to ask more accurately information from my friend who tested on his DFGT. Are the effect same precisely as on G27 I have small doubt of it.

Back