G27/G25/(DFGT?) - Undocumented wheel lock settings - Guide

• Thread starter OdeFinn
  • 275 comments
Rallywagon
Give me another decade and I'll need the the "T" setting to compensate for lost reaction time!

Edit; and probably a sports car or two...

I saw you drifting the other night. I think it'll take you 3 or 4 decades. ;)

I've been using the 660 degree setting and I like it.

I also notice that all settings seem to reduce the dead zone or play for me. Is there a way to fix this when pressing the buttons?

Hey fella's has someone tried these settings in a PC game? If so, what were the results and which titles did you try?

CHeers

Using a logitech wheel on the pc is different, you have drivers to select the rotaion degrees you want.

At OP, i havent seen anything useful in these forums for a long long time, if this works it will be great, my only disapointment is that i didnt know about it earlier.

It does indeed work. One thing to note, it does strengthen turning effort and the dead zone is effected as well. It gets exaggerated the more you"tighten" the ratio. You will have to experiment and find which, if any, feels right for you.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Odefinn for sharing this. At last I can enjoy driving F1 cars. The tight turns at Monaco were much easier and now pulling out of the slipstream to overtake is just a quick flick of the wheel rather than a wild swerve. I'm finding it hard to understand why anyone would prefer 900 degrees for an F1 car when it's so unrealistic but I suppose if you're fast enough already, why change? For me this is an absolute godsend.

Thanks for sharing.
The 450º gives a 1:1 ratio in inside view, and one thing that i hate in the game, the steering in the car not moving the same as the logitech, now its fun again.
The 670º its better for outside view, i think after i get use to it, will be better, for now i'm a little slower, but i think i can improve, to much time using 900º.
👍

so on the DFGT...do i just hold down start button, then hold in select button while holding in start button, and then let go of both?

Can someone give me detailed description on how to make the Wheel lock closer to what it is in GT5.

If you can explain ill try it and i can try to confirm if it works on mine or not as well.

Not sure if this does or doesn't work with the DFGT. It could be possible, but I've not heard a solid confirmation.

This does not work on dfgt. There are 2 things you can change
1) hold select/r3/right paddle shifter to cut lock in half.
2) hold select/r3/left paddle shifter weakens force feedback.

Does that just weaken my personal lock or does that even help in game?

Like does cutting the lock in half make the in game steering and my steering more accurate? because if i turn my wheel 180 degrees it only turns 90 in game. So will cutting in half make it 90/90?

EDIT: is there a certain place im supposed to do this? (main menu or something) Because i tried to do this and it didn't work at all. I still gotta turn wheel 180 degrees to get his hands to go 90 degrees and i didn't really notice a difference in driving other than placebo effect of me thinking it was better, until i went to turn it off and it was the same.

Last edited:
Your hands on screen and wheel should match up but it's very twitchy at this setting. Any time after the wheel calibrates when you start the game you can do it. You will hear the wheel make a noise when lock changes. Try to press all three buttons at same time then release quickly. Also one led will turn off when it changes.

Your hands on screen and wheel should match up but it's very twitchy at this setting. Any time after the wheel calibrates when you start the game you can do it. You will hear the wheel make a noise when lock changes. Try to press all three buttons at same time then release quickly. Also one led will turn off when it changes.

My wheel doesn't have any LED's on it.

only light that's on my wheel its the horn. And Ive tried to do this and i didn't hear any lock noise and neither did my hands in game change.

My wheel doesn't have any LED's on it.

only light that's on my wheel its the horn. And Ive tried to do this and i didn't hear any lock noise and neither did my hands in game change.

You don't have any LED's because the other guy gave you instructions that work for the DFP (driving force pro). Those button combinations (to the best of my memory) don't do anything for the DFGT. The DFP has two green LED lights on the spoke area of the wheel. It actually changes from a 900 degree wheel to a 200 degree wheel when you enter the button combination listed above and one of the lights goes out.

Some have reported at pressing start and select buttons simultaneously down and then pressing one of those TSOX buttons will work.
As said before there is no 100% sure confirmation of this working on dfgt, assuming at it works due few reliable dudes testing.. maybe there is some different versions of dfgt, some works some not??

Well if anyone can find out a way to make the diff lock on the DFGT wheel any smaller please let me know. Even if it's like some rubber band trick that you have to do on the insides.

Anyone else feel this is sticky worthy?
This is one of the most significant discoveries since the release of GT5. Yes it is sticky worthy IMHO.

Just last night we were talking with friends we race with and told them about this tip. They couldn't be happier and that is basically all they talked about the rest of the night.

Tested this with my DFGT and it doesn't work. Just to make sure I'm doing it right, this is what I'm doing. Select and pause at the same time(that brings up the pause menu), then triangle(while still holding down select and pause)

Tested this with my DFGT and it doesn't work. Just to make sure I'm doing it right, this is what I'm doing. Select and pause at the same time(that brings up the pause menu), then triangle(while still holding down select and pause)

Press Select and Start buttons down and while holding them press one of those "TSOX"-buttons.

Hopefully somebody comes up again and says it works on DFGT, or just ripping out that DFGT part from OP.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this 👍

Stumbled across the thread by accident and I'm glad I did. My battered G27 is 3 years old and had a huge deadzone - setting the lock to 670* removes this almost completely :)

I finally got around to trying this out and it is truly amazing.

I'm thinking I might make some labels for my shifter so I can know which button combos to press. I'm sure I'll memorize them eventually and take them off.

Thanks for the info OdeFinn

Nothing happens...

When I push select, start and TSOX also nothing happens :(

images

Lets get that sticky Yea?!?
Rizzo, yea, even with the DFGT it seems pretty hit or miss.

Back