G29 pedal mod users feedback

• Thread starter Mikyll
  • 85 comments
Here is my light "mod". I took off the plastic between the pedals and the arm and repositioned the pedals higher/wider for us bigfoots. Feels a lot sturdier without the plastic pieces. And brake feels more natural sideways.

Will change the springs sometime.. IMG_20180206_001231.jpg IMG_20180206_001236.jpg

Here is my light "mod". I took off the plastic between the pedals and the arm and repositioned the pedals higher/wider for us bigfoots. Feels a lot sturdier without the plastic pieces. And brake feels more natural sideways.

Will change the springs sometime.. View attachment 711840 View attachment 711841
What's your foot size? I'm a 45 and man I can't wait for my mods to arrive so I can swap the brake and the clutch, I don't even care if it voids the warranty there is basically no space between gas and the brake pedals.

What's your foot size? I'm a 45 and man I can't wait for my mods to arrive so I can swap the brake and the clutch, I don't even care if it voids the warranty there is basically no space between gas and the brake pedals.

Thats why my clutch pedal is attached to left side Also high and slightly tilted to left.

I have now received my GTEYE spring and I will say one thing, I’m glad I didn’t go for the 3drap insert.... it’s definitely a stronger spring, there’s definitely a soft zone for light trail braking but as you get further it gets tougher and tougher, touch and go for sock use but it was just ok for me.

It’s taking a bit of getting used to but I’m already feeling more comfortable trailing Into corners than before due to the spring back.

Worth a buy if your struggling with the stock one

Last edited:
I replaced the throttle spring with the GTEye one and it's a good improvement. Now the pedal is more responsive, making the throttle more progressive, before that it was more like a 0-1 situation.

I’d like to know what exactly changes?! I mean it’s supposed to be a solid piece of plastic. Did it turn out to be a bit elastic?!
Thx
If you are referring to the factory block inside the spring, yes it is rubber, but very hard.

I managed some extensive testing with the GTEYE, I was able to brake a hell of a lot later in the gr3 cars in tonight’s race and shaved a good couple of seconds off my reference lap in the same car.

I definitely feel more in control now.

Lets steer clear of 3Drap. The parts are very cheaply made. Other offerings posting in this thread are way better. Lesson learned.

I tried to stay objective, as things are best tested first, my friend has the rally 3drap insert and it disintegrated on him after 4 weeks. Obviously there’s good experiences too, and I considered the console version but I’m so glad I bought the GTEYE spring now, simple and effective.

I tried to stay objective, as things are best tested first, my friend has the rally 3drap insert and it disintegrated on him after 4 weeks. Obviously there’s good experiences too, and I considered the console version but I’m so glad I bought the GTEYE spring now, simple and effective.

I broke it on the first use. I'm glad his made it 4 weeks.

If you are referring to the factory block inside the spring, yes it is rubber, but very hard.
I know what it is man, trust me, I’ve torn apart the pedals more than 5 times.
I am referring to removing the black plastic parts directly under the pedals plates. He said it felt so much better and I’m wondering what that could be.

I am referring to removing the black plastic parts directly under the pedals plates. He said it felt so much better and I’m wondering what that could be.
Gotcha, sorry, I misunderstood. And I agree... I don't understand what difference that would make if it is hard plastic. I'm 90% positive it's hard plastic and not elastic in any way.

Not sure why it feels better for me. Angles, alignment - don't know. But it feels sturdier without the squeeky plastic and more "direct". Might be the fact pedals are also higher which might give it a bit longer travel.

What originally made me start the change was the squeeks the plastic made and the fact accelerator was a bit too low for me.

Not sure why it feels better for me. Angles, alignment - don't know. But it feels sturdier without the squeeky plastic and more "direct". Might be the fact pedals are also higher which might give it a bit longer travel.

What originally made me start the change was the squeeks the plastic made and the fact accelerator was a bit too low for me.

Could you take a pic and show me? I’m curious to what this is and do not want to dismantle my set for investigation lol

Could you take a pic and show me? I’m curious to what this is and do not want to dismantle my set for investigation lol
At the Top of the page mate.. :cheers:

Doesnt require anythin technical really. Changing batteries to a flashlight with a screw -level of a task. :lol:

What really felt better for me was inverted pedals.
I was dismantling my pedals to modify the brake rubber insert inside it, and then i put the pedal inverted on a table leg and tried it and it really felt much better! I dunno why tho!
I’ll probably adopt inverted pedals in the future when i get a bigger 4k tv and modify my rig!

I broke down and bought the GTEYE throttle and brake springs. Well worth the money. Before the GTEYE, I could often get a top 10 time, but there was much more luck involved to string together a full lap of perfect brake and throttle points. I can now consistently run laps near my fastest time. With the GTEYE, I know exactly how much brake and throttle I'm giving. So I'm sure with more seat time I will be improving every aspect of my laps. The second day that I had the GTEYE I was able to remove TCS from all the cars that I had not been able to tame previously.

I broke down and bought the GTEYE throttle and brake springs. Well worth the money. Before the GTEYE, I could often get a top 10 time, but there was much more luck involved to string together a full lap of perfect brake and throttle points. I can now consistently run laps near my fastest time. With the GTEYE, I know exactly how much brake and throttle I'm giving. So I'm sure with more seat time I will be improving every aspect of my laps. The second day that I had the GTEYE I was able to remove TCS from all the cars that I had not been able to tame previously.
The other day I just did the same as you, got myself a GTEYE throttle and brake springs and I can tell you it is a lot better than the original springs. I just need more practice out on the track :).

I saw in another thread that people had issues with the GTEYE (and other) replacement brake springs with the G29/G920 - that the wheel base was designed to detect 100% braking with the pedal fully compressing the stock rubber stop, but that after removing the rubber stopper and putting in the new spring the brake pedal gained an additional ~12mm of travel which all registered as 100% braking. So that after the mod, 100% braking would be achieved at 80% pedal travel.

Is that still the case, or did something change, or did you guys find a way around it?

I saw in another thread that people had issues with the GTEYE (and other) replacement brake springs with the G29/G920 - that the wheel base was designed to detect 100% braking with the pedal fully compressing the stock rubber stop, but that after removing the rubber stopper and putting in the new spring the brake pedal gained an additional ~12mm of travel which all registered as 100% braking. So that after the mod, 100% braking would be achieved at 80% pedal travel.

Is that still the case, or did something change, or did you guys find a way around it?
That's a hardware issue that we can do nothing for on the ps4.

That's a hardware issue that we can do nothing for on the ps4.
What about on PC, can you calibrate around it to use the full pedal travel? Does that require bypassing the wheel base with a Leo Bodnar cable or something?

And what do you do on PS4? Put the rubber stopper back in and use it with the new spring, or just accept that you're going to reach 100% braking well before the pedal stops?

What about on PC, can you calibrate around it to use the full pedal travel? Does that require bypassing the wheel base with a Leo Bodnar cable or something?

And what do you do on PS4? Put the rubber stopper back in and use it with the new spring, or just accept that you're going to reach 100% braking well before the pedal stops?

Add a 11.5mm bushing to the stopper back. If you guys want I can make a bunch of them on a lathe or metal ones on the CNC machine.

edit:: I just ordered the GTEYE set. I'll try out a bunch of different bushings and metal stoppers to see what's best.

I’ve also noticed the travel issue in PS4, especially on F1 2017. I’m going to drill a few holes in the old stopper and put it back in so there’s a definite pedal travel limit but it’s not like a rock.

I’ll keep you posted

Back