G29 Settings Thread

• Thread starter Sisco360
  • 241 comments
United States
United States
Hey Guys... Looking for advise for some good settings. I know there is a couple really old threads but looking to create a new one to keep up to date for all us users. You don't want my settings because they are crap. Feel free to post yours to help us out!

I remember a while back a couple Aliens told us to use a maximum of 2 for Force Feedback Sensitivity, so I've been using that. A few times i've turned it up to 10 just to see, and TBH I couldn't even feel a difference. Im still using 2 as I trust their opinion.

As for FFB Torque, it's all about personal preference. I started at 8 and over the past few months have slowly gone down to 4. I think between 4-6 is the sweet spot.

Controller Sensitivity, I keep at 7. I've heard that despite common belief, it actually does have an effect on wheels, and should be kept at 7.

I'm nearing 100 sport mode wins and these settings haven't let me down yet. Although i must say, the Karts are almost undriveable with a G29, not sure why. Way too sensitive on the steering input.

My G29 will be here tomorrow, glad I saw this thread as I came on here to create this exact thread.

Any advice on general use? How to go from a controller to the wheel/pedals? Will I notice a difference right away? or is it going to be like re-learning the game all over again?

I'm nearing 100 sport mode wins and these settings haven't let me down yet. Although i must say, the Karts are almost undriveable with a G29, not sure why. Way too sensitive on the steering input.

Those Karts are really hard to control with a controller IMO.

My G29 will be here tomorrow, glad I saw this thread as I came on here to create this exact thread.

Any advice on general use? How to go from a controller to the wheel/pedals? Will I notice a difference right away? or is it going to be like re-learning the game all over again?

After 30 years of driving, I thought...

FloweryCoordinatedDogfish-size_restricted.gif

Driving with a wheel is a doddle. Driving on the limit, or even close to it most definitely isn't.:crazy:

If you've never used one before, I'd say the hardest part is the pedals. How much brake and accelerator to use and trying to modulate them for nice smooth lines. Your right foot will be writing a lot of cheques your steering inputs can't cash at the beginning so take your time and slowly build up your speed. As your muscle memory and confidence grows, so will your speed.

I find FFB Sense 2, FFB Torque 3-4 to be good. I adjust Steering Sensitivity car by car. Most are best at 7, but I find some of the twitchier full race models respond well if I pull it down to 5. If you're countersteering a lot at turn-in, take it down a notch. I've run the GR3 Corvette as low as 0.

Just got the g29.. and I thought I'd try a quick run around Northen Isle. Just to get a feel for the wheel and pedals, etc.

However, I can't seem to turn right. If I leave the wheel centered I drift left .

Anyone ever have this issue?....

Nevermind..I didn't have the power on like an idiot.

Last edited:
I've got my settings on 3 and 3. The first thing I did with my g29 was take a Suzuki Swift for a TT around Miyabi.

On GTS, I started to use 7 and 6, from top to bottom (don't remember in which order they are arranged, I think it's torque then sensitivity though). It was making too much noise on some curbs so the day I had a race in the evening while I had my nephew sleeping at home, I turned it down to 5 and 4. It didn't felt worse so I haven't switched back since then.
Controller sensitivity is at 7, all the time.

Tips :
- high torque seems to absord the informations brought up by sensitivity. If you want a detailed feedback, set more sensitivity than torque. If you set more torque than sensitivity, your steering will have more presence, but the feedback will be smoothed out by strenght.
- if you're looking to be fast, you don't need a high sensitivity. It may reinforce the immersion, but it brings no help in being fast imho. Especially with the G29 on GTS, the shaking on some curbs seems a bit excessive and may be disturbing in some situations.

I remember a while back a couple Aliens told us to use a maximum of 2 for Force Feedback Sensitivity, so I've been using that. A few times i've turned it up to 10 just to see, and TBH I couldn't even feel a difference. Im still using 2 as I trust their opinion.

As for FFB Torque, it's all about personal preference. I started at 8 and over the past few months have slowly gone down to 4. I think between 4-6 is the sweet spot.

Controller Sensitivity, I keep at 7. I've heard that despite common belief, it actually does have an effect on wheels, and should be kept at 7.

I recently built myself a sim rig for my G29, just a quick wood job, man I had so much trouble with.a daily race in the kart! So difficult to find the sweet spot of throttle and steering haha

I recently built myself a sim rig for my G29, just a quick wood job, man I had so much trouble with.a daily race in the kart! So difficult to find the sweet spot of throttle and steering haha
i struggle with the carts using a g29

We need urgently a kind of sensitivity setting for the G29. The precision of the wheel during quick change of direction is not very good , you have to considere and anticipate this little delay between the action and reaction to nail the apex of the last chicane on Le Mans for example , or any turn that request a quick simple or double input.
This problem also mess with your countersteering inputs to contain a drift and when you try to correct a slide , then you finish most of the time letting the situation worst more than correcting it.
Please Mr Kaz , more speed and precision for this input .

We need urgently a kind of sensitivity setting for the G29. The precision of the wheel during quick change of direction is not very good , you have to considere and anticipate this little delay between the action and reaction to nail the apex of the last chicane on Le Mans for example , or any turn that request a quick simple or double input.
This problem also mess with your countersteering inputs to contain a drift and when you try to correct a slide , then you finish most of the time letting the situation worst more than correcting it.
I haven't had either of those two issues.

Had this only when my TV was not set to game mode.

Had this only when my TV was not set to game mode.
I haven't had either of those two issues.
You can see this in cockpit view if you do a quick single wheel input or several quick inputs simulating a drift . The wheel on screen have a delay , you almost finish to do the opposit that you would have to perform a save of the drift because of this delay.

You can see this in cockpit view if you do a quick single wheel input or several quick inputs simulating a drift . The wheel on screen have a delay , you almost finish to do the opposit that you would have to perform a save of the drift because of this delay.

Usually in racing games the wheel on the screen have a delay, but the actual steering of the car don't, at least in GT Sport i never felt any delay using my G29.

You can check this clearly with any open wheel like the ktm , there is a delay for sure. Not big but significant and it can delay disturb your fast wheel inputs precison.
For example with the DS4 sensitivity at 7 have clearly a quicker answer. It seems that the DS4 on mouvement detection for the direction is even faster.

Have you tried using csa on the karts, I've found it helps immensely in controlling them? The karts react just as they would in real life, you don't have to turn the wheel very much at all. I have kept all my settings on the G29 stock and have gotten used to the feel. Shame we can't get the same feedback we used to have in previous GT titles with the Logitechs. I guess only the official wheels get that privilege. :rolleyes:

Hello drivers. I pick up my G29+Playseat challange just yesterday. So far so good. Never had a wheel, never been inside sim racing like now :) Would like to ask you about settings in Logitech drivers software. It's necessary or a personal choice to change something in there like in this video I found ?

I mean steering wheel and pedals sensivity up to 100%, wheel operating range down to 360 degree (or ?), also I ticked "Enable centering spring in Force Feedback games" and in pedals menu ticked "Combined pedals". Honestly I down know what it changes. Maybe somebody can light me up and share experience, settings are most regular and comfortable fot GTS ?

Sorry for a bad English and thanks in advice ;)

@domasijus I believe changing those settings only works if you play on PC, they shouldn't carry on the ps4 system.

A couple of questions to everyone not related specifically to G29 but to wheel settings.
Ffb torque is the first setting on the top, right? What does it specifically change in terms of gameplay and what you feel on the wheel?
Ffb sensitivity should be the last settings, right? As above, what does it actually do in terms of gameplay and feel on the wheel?
I've got mine set at 3 - 7 and I feel quite comfortable with it, but I'm not quite sure about what the settings actually do.

My 19 year old Daughter went to try it the other day. She was using a Nissan GTR, so I put the CSA on for her. She was freaking out because it felt like the wheel was driving for her. LOL

So I turned it off and said "Ok, now try it" skidding all over the road, but she felt like she had more control and the wheel wasn't making her do things. I found that to be funny.

CSA stinks. The settings that ART posted first are pretty much identical to what I have been using. Controller sensitivity option still remains a debate.

Definitely there is some lag in the driving input of the G29. Even if you can get used to the lack of precision and anticipate to nail an apex for example , the main problem is when you put a wheel on the grass or when you loose the rear under accel out corner.
The lag , around 0.3'' seconds on a quick input , is going to mess all your effort to put the rear end inline again. You will finish (At least i finish) doing all the opposit inputs that the save is asking .
I don't know how is it with Thrustmasters or Fanatec wheels but for the G29 , we need urgently of a 'Steering Sensitivity' option , just as the controller have.

Back