G29 Settings Thread

• Thread starter Sisco360
  • 241 comments
Can you tell me more about the malfunctioning left paddle? Do you mean the brake pedal?

My G29 brake pedal works not well recently. Always give me a little bit, a little bit, a little bit brake even though I am full throttle on the straight. What i need to to is to hit the brake once to cancel that "little bit". It really hurts my lap time especially during qualification in FIA race. Just wonder if I need to buy a new one. Anyone encounter same problem?

The left paddle shifter. Had to move the paddle out further before I could shift again, compared to my old G29 and G27. I was missing downshifts like crazy. This one was under warranty so I exchanged it

I've spent the last 3 days adjusting sensitivity back and forth and couldn't feel a difference at all. I used a wide range of cars in case of soft lock and even the single seaters felt the same. Did a google search on it and got loads of hits exactly like this thread. Split opinions everywhere.

Switching between -2 and 7 felt exactly the same to me (including lap times) but I'm only 4 months into wheel usage and may be missing a subtle difference. I'm not sure I understand how sensitivity has a huge effect on a pad but nowhere near as much, if any, on a wheel though.

As it's not affecting me one way or another, I'll just ignore that setting.

With the Controller Sensitivity option set to -2 the cars steering will respond a lot slower when steering with the analog stick, whereas the steering will respond much faster when putting it all the way to 7 & using the analog stick. I don't think it has any effect whatsoever though when using FFB wheels.

Last edited:
Switching between -2 and 7 felt exactly the same to me (including lap times) but I'm only 4 months into wheel usage and may be missing a subtle difference.
Hmm, with my G29, it makes a very big and obvious difference, not subtle at all. E.g. if I can take a corner with 90 degree wheel rotation at 7, at -2 I'll miss the same corner by miles, unless I turn the wheel much more than 90 degrees.

I wonder why it seems that different for different people... Did you change the setting via the options button while on track, or in a higher level menu?

Hmm, with my G29, it makes a very big and obvious difference, not subtle at all. E.g. if I can take a corner with 90 degree wheel rotation at 7, at -2 I'll miss the same corner by miles, unless I turn the wheel much more than 90 degrees.

That's very interesting, as I noticed that the linearity on my wheel was very different on GT Sport compared to GT6; in fact I don't like it at all. I have to turn the wheel much more to get round certain bends than I did in previous GT games. This setting had no effect on previous GT games, so I assumed it didn't on GT Sport either. However, I admit that I've not tried it on GT Sport. I shall have to try it...

I wonder why it seems that different for different people... Did you change the setting via the options button while on track, or in a higher level menu?

I was setting it as soon as the track loaded usually but I tried a couple of on the fly adjustments for some of the slower corners when I was on track. The on track options are the only way of changing it aren't they?

VBR
This setting had no effect on previous GT games
This setting had effect in GT6 and is very easy to test.Cockpit camera,the car is stationary,turn the wheel fast and pay attention to input lag between your steering wheel and the steering wheel in the cockpit.The input lag will be bigger at -2 compared to 7.This test can also be done in GTSport

I've spent the last 3 days adjusting sensitivity back and forth and couldn't feel a difference at all. I used a wide range of cars in case of soft lock and even the single seaters felt the same. Did a google search on it and got loads of hits exactly like this thread. Split opinions everywhere.

Switching between -2 and 7 felt exactly the same to me (including lap times) but I'm only 4 months into wheel usage and may be missing a subtle difference. I'm not sure I understand how sensitivity has a huge effect on a pad but nowhere near as much, if any, on a wheel though.

As it's not affecting me one way or another, I'll just ignore that setting.
I've had my G29 since the beginning of June, I've been trying out this setting as well and I have to agree I do not notice any difference whatsoever when racing with my wheel between -2 and 7 maybe it also depends on what type of wheel you have and that the G29 is not effected by this controller sensitivity setting?

I tested several cars tonight on both Suzuka & the Nord, & can confirm that this setting does absolutely nothing whatsoever when you are using a wheel. To quote the in-game description, "Adjust the steering speed and response speed of the front tyres in response to input from the wireless controller". According to the PD this setting only affects the wireless controller aka the DS4, & I can feel zero difference with it when using an FFB wheel (which is obviously not a wireless controller).

I can't rule out that there might be a bug here that's affecting some wheels under certain conditions, but the setting isn't even meant for FFB wheels only for DS4's, & therefore should be having no effect on them. And, I myself felt nothing to indicate that this might be the case.

I also solved the problem of having too much linearity in my wheel; it was because I was running split tyre compounds, hard at the front & softer at the rear, to compensate for the poor tyre model. When I went back to the same tyres all round the problem vanished.

This setting had effect in GT6 and is very easy to test.Cockpit camera,the car is stationary,turn the wheel fast and pay attention to input lag between your steering wheel and the steering wheel in the cockpit.The input lag will be bigger at -2 compared to 7.This test can also be done in GTSport

I don't know if it's me not turning the wheel quick enough to make it obvious to see the effect but I saw no difference. 90% of my time is using cockpit view and I've got used to tuning out seeing the delay but if I had to guess at the latency, I'd say it was a constant 1/10th behind on both -2 or 7.

I can stop wondering about it as it doesn't seem to affect me.

I've had my G29 since the beginning of June, I've been trying out this setting as well and I have to agree I do not notice any difference whatsoever when racing with my wheel between -2 and 7 maybe it also depends on what type of wheel you have and that the G29 is not effected by this controller sensitivity setting?

Your guess is as good as mine. I researched with a G25 and now the G29 and always end up reading split opinions.

Hello, you steering wheel users, how the 6 gear shifter work in GT Sport ? I have a G29 and an offer for a shifter and don't know what to do.
I mean, I need to know exactly how to use the shifter for cars with more than 6 gears, If the shifter work, or what happen...
Thanks !

VBR
I tested several cars tonight on both Suzuka & the Nord, & can confirm that this setting does absolutely nothing whatsoever when you are using a wheel. To quote the in-game description, "Adjust the steering speed and response speed of the front tyres in response to input from the wireless controller". According to the PD this setting only affects the wireless controller aka the DS4, & I can feel zero difference with it when using an FFB wheel (which is obviously not a wireless controller).

I can't rule out that there might be a bug here that's affecting some wheels under certain conditions, but the setting isn't even meant for FFB wheels only for DS4's, & therefore should be having no effect on them. And, I myself felt nothing to indicate that this might be the case.

I also solved the problem of having too much linearity in my wheel; it was because I was running split tyre compounds, hard at the front & softer at the rear, to compensate for the poor tyre model. When I went back to the same tyres all round the problem vanished.
There seems to be an issue with the G29 settings in GT Sport. For a long time I would change the settings for FFB torque and sensitivity and it wouldn’t actually change a damn thing. Then all of a sudden, months later my wheel felt so light that I thought it was broken. But what happened was that I had the settings very low but they didn’t take effect until that day. It seems okay now but each time I fire up the game I wonder if the settings will be right.

Maybe you’re experiencing something similar? When you change the FFB settings, is there a real, obvious difference?

There seems to be an issue with the G29 settings in GT Sport. For a long time I would change the settings for FFB torque and sensitivity and it wouldn’t actually change a damn thing. Then all of a sudden, months later my wheel felt so light that I thought it was broken. But what happened was that I had the settings very low but they didn’t take effect until that day.
Same was with my wheel and now everything works fine. Only in my opinion there isn't enough detail even when the sensitivity is on 10. :confused:

VBR
Make sure the Torque setting is on 4, no higher. Anymore than that, & you will start to lose curb & road surface detail.
My current settings are 7/2/10. Maybe if I put torque on 1 then I'll have more detail?
Torque on 4 is somewhat too heavy for my liking tho. :confused:

My current settings are 7/2/10. Maybe if I put torque on 1 then I'll have more detail?
Torque on 4 is somewhat too heavy for my liking tho. :confused:

Anywhere between 1 & 4 is fine, but there's no way to get anymore detail out of it sadly.

Been watching this thread for a while now and i can't understand how some of you are using low torque settings. I've taken your advice and changed settings but it feels flimsy. I've been using 8/10 to 10/10. With the new tire model i'm still using the same settings.

Been watching this thread for a while now and i can't understand how some of you are using low torque settings. I've taken your advice and changed settings but it feels flimsy. I've been using 8/10 to 10/10. With the new tire model i'm still using the same settings.

You sound like someone who doesn't understand the phenomenon of clipping in FFB wheels. Have a Google & see what you find out.

👍

VBR
You sound like someone who doesn't understand the phenomenon of clipping in FFB wheels. Have a Google & see what you find out.

👍
having a look into now cheers. Starting to understand what it is. However I have tried the settings recommended here before and like i said find it a bit flimsy so I followed the advice of a friend @DrAug and found it to work better. I'll have another go later. btw I've 2 G29's and they both feel the same.

@VBR i now understand stand what you mean by clipping. Now using 6/7 steering feels a little light but that could be because i was using 10/10. Can feel a bit more under braking. Turns out Aug changed his ffb ages ago. Cheers for the advice and the little push towards learning something new.

The left paddle shifter. Had to move the paddle out further before I could shift again, compared to my old G29 and G27. I was missing downshifts like crazy. This one was under warranty so I exchanged it
Mine (left) one started complaining too, got it on Christmas. I'm guessing cuz it's the one we spam mostly?
Either way, did a harder press in the middle and it stopped skipping, however still not as good as new.
Gonna try airspray it in case there's some dust around the contacts.

@VBR i now understand stand what you mean by clipping. Now using 6/7 steering feels a little light but that could be because i was using 10/10. Can feel a bit more under braking. Turns out Aug changed his ffb ages ago. Cheers for the advice and the little push towards learning something new.

You're welcome. Unfortunately, Torque above 4 on the G29 will cause discernible clipping according to my experience. Only way around it is to get a more powerful wheel.

7/2-4/10 is the best setting in my experience as well, gotta admit that there has been a pleasant improvement since the new patch to the FFB feel.

VBR

I don't know if it's me not turning the wheel quick enough to make it obvious to see the effect but I saw no difference. 90% of my time is using cockpit view and I've got used to tuning out seeing the delay but if I had to guess at the latency, I'd say it was a constant 1/10th behind on both -2 or 7.

I can stop wondering about it as it doesn't seem to affect me.

Just to add to this conversation. I've been running -2 only because when I tested the setting at max then min I saw absolutely no difference so I just left it at the minimum setting.

Back