Game Question

• Thread starter polak2001
  • 14 comments

polak2001

(Banned)
In GT2, what mods to a car can u do??? it there lowering?body kits? wings? lights? rims? boost? NOS? etc???
can anybody please help me out?

You can modify brakes, get racing slick tires or offroad tires, buy suspension mods to lower the ride height & shock performance, some of the cars have racing mod body kits after you've purchased weight reductions, you CAN choose different rims for your cars, you can modify the HP by purchasing different turbo systems, intercoolers, exhaust systems, engine balancing, etc. You can also buy upgraded gearing systems--the Racing Transmission allowing 100% modification of gear ratios--and clutches & differentials.
You CAN'T unfortunately choose custom paint colors on your race modified car. Can't change lights or choose to put a wing on or tint the windows, etc.
Still, in all there's an impressive amount of tinkering you can do with your cars in the game!

Hope this helps you out some!

...That is a bummer. I was hoping you could get race mods for any & all of the cars, but it's only selected ones I guess... :( They probably did it to keep the game 2 discs instead of 3. I'd imagine you could almost fill a disc with different brands, types, levels, etc. of car body mods.
Still, how cool would it be to be able to have your car modded by one manufacturer & have it look different than if it were sponsored by someone else?
Ah well, maybe next GT!

Yeh. One CD is the "Arcade Mode" version:
It'll let you get right in and drive some of the cars on some of the tracks in the game....but you can't mod 'em in that mode, and you'll only have access to some of the tracks, not all.
The other CD is "Simulation Mode" where you have to pass some license tests in order to get into some of the races offered. You can actually buy & win cars for your own garage here, mod them up & enter them into the different races.
Of course, you can also load up your saved game on the Arcade disc & race the cars you own on there also. There's 'bonus items' you can unlock on the Arcade disc by winning certain races on beginner, normal, & hard level.

oh, just another Q to ask you people.
What other really good car games are out fro PS1???
like GT2 and GT???
any other??????

Well....I dunno about anyone else, but I thought the Ridge Racer games were pretty good. Not as good as GT & GT2 by far, but not THAT bad.

i reckon it would be sweet if there was a body shop you could go to and have all decals and paint that you could use to do up your car how you wanted. :D :D :D

Originally posted by polak2001
oh, just another Q to ask you people.
What other really good car games are out fro PS1???
like GT2 and GT???
any other??????
There may be a few fun games out there, but believe me, it doesn't get any better than the Gran Turismo series. ;)

Back