Geely Wants the Public to Name Its New SUV, Because That Can't Possibly Go Wrong

It's only a matter of time until car companies start working more overt punctuation (hyphens are pretty benign) into their model designations, so I vote for calling it the Geely Geelous?.

Well, if the Chinese name (loosely) translates to "Fun Colorful," here were my ideas:

-Vivid
-FunCo
-Chromatik
-LuZi Hong (Combines Mandarin words for purple, green, and red.)
-Rainbow
-Spectrum

The Geely Hazzard of course. It's what they want.

In those shorts the woman's definitely trying to imitate Daisy Duke. She's even climbing out of the window in the last picture! And the vehicle is orange. How many more clues do you need. :P

Not sure what she's doing with that flare though. Perhaps it's used to signal someone if you break down.

The Geely Hazzard of course. It's what they want.

In those shorts the woman's definitely trying to imitate Daisy Duke. She's even climbing out of the window in the last picture! And the vehicle is orange. How many more clues do you need. :P

This is a good point. After you said that and I looked at the photos, I realized that she might be asian. I think the sunglasses are on to make it unclear.

But if the Dukes are what they're going after, I think the Geely Lee would be the right name.

It’s hard work for sure; for every Lamborghini Countach, there’s a Ford Probe.

Surely the first is far far worse than the latter, or do Americans say it in a more AUP-friendly way? :D

Also... it was a shame not to see the venerable Pajero get a mention ;)

Back