Geely Wants the Public to Name Its New SUV, Because That Can't Possibly Go Wrong

Their lineup have names that incorporate terms like "grand", X, etc....so it should be something BIG, EXTREME..."the most everything", in one word!
Now, becoming a little bit more serious, being connected to an important automaker like Volvo, doesn't make it automatically the same thing, but it might be a good start! Looking at the picture, i see a (sub)compact crossover in bright color with a girl right next to it, so the name should say fun, young, versatile car!

Their lineup have names that incorporate terms like "grand", X, etc....so it should be something BIG, EXTREME..."the most everything", in one word!
in that case, you can't go wrong with naming it Geely Betelgeuse.

Personally, if I were Geely, I'd ask Maserati nicely to make this new SUV be named Kubang. Because I love how it sounds. Sounds totally like something a Chinese car will do at some point.

Now, becoming a little bit more serious, being connected to an important automaker like Volvo, doesn't make it automatically the same thing, but it might be a good start! Looking at the picture, i see a (sub)compact crossover in bright color with a girl right next to it, so the name should say fun, young, versatile car!

What about; SUX ...oh damnit! This is hard!

From the person that was rallying away in the White Privilege thread, this is spectacularly tone-deaf. Not least because Geely isn't a Japanese company.
Imitating a certain accent isn't racist. I'm from Alabama and people in New Jersey (all with NY accents) always make fun of my southern drawl. There's a difference between mimicking an accent and using a racial slur to degrade an entire culture. It's not like I called it the "Geely Ch*nk".

Some ideas:
Divertimento - Italian for fun.
Godere - Italian for enjoy.
When I tried to write Godere my phone autocorrected it to God Erect. I think I need to get a new phone.
Giovane - Italian for young.
Young - English for young.
Buono - Italian for good.
Boneo - English dog treat.
GoCat - English cat treat.
Godzilla - Japanese for Skyline.

Back