Gene Haas' new American F1 team

• Thread starter Roo
  • 700 comments
Stewart was originally planning on retiring last year but changed his mind when he saw the treatment that Jeff Gordon was getting.

That being said, I think it was just 100% coincidental with how things were working out between the launch of the F1 team and Stewart's career.

This being the first time a new team has arrived fresh in Formula 1 since 2010, I'm not sure the team have been fully applauded for their efforts seen in Barcelona. 3 teams arrived in 2010 (should have been 4), all missing the first test entirely. Virgin made it to test 2, but completed only 5 laps initially. Lotus made it to the 3rd set of test days, whilst the Hispania only just made it to the first race of the season itself. USF1 of course never took off...

Haas have arrived ready for the first test and apart from the front wing fault, have done a solid job so far. Gutierrez has just posted a time good enough for 7th ahead of the Manor on the same tyres, who themselves have stepped up leaps from their 2015 pace. All of this in an age where the engines are extremely complex pieces of equipment that the big teams have struggled to grasp themselves initially.

Stewart was originally planning on retiring last year but changed his mind when he saw the treatment that Jeff Gordon was getting.

That being said, I think it was just 100% coincidental with how things were working out between the launch of the F1 team and Stewart's career.

I wasn't saying it was intentional, I was just noting how coincidental everything is kinda falling into place. The way everything is working out (Minus the Back injury for Tony), it makes for a convenient outcome.

It should be noted though, they have had significantly more time and resources spent on their car then any of those 3.

Yes but as we've learned from both top level sports car racing and Formula 1 money doesn't mean much. You could be a Honda B team with tons of money spent and still finish dead last nearly every race. Also the time portion could equally be extended to Honda as well when they took more time to build their engines and still came in with quite the saddest showing since Yamaha as far as Japanese manufactures go.

Point is they should be given acknowledgement for knowing a time table that worked and hitting their marks like promised. The money helps but that doesn't change how daunting F1 is for those who have much to little money when joining the circus.

I wasn't saying it was intentional, I was just noting how coincidental everything is kinda falling into place. The way everything is working out (Minus the Back injury for Tony), it makes for a convenient outcome.

I tried to explain that to the people RACECAR but they just wont listen.

The Goo has a go:

XPB_790828_HiRes.jpg

Haas inspecting used tyres:

CcAyIFAXIAECkCI.jpg

So he's going to ride around at the back of the field for 6 years before selling half the team to a top driver?:confused:
He did it with Tony Stewart. Although I don't know who he might sell to, since the six-year window falls after the next set of big names to retire - Alonso, Button and Räikkönen - but before the next big group.

Haas inspecting used tyres:
hah, kinda reminds me of that movie, "days of thunder" was it?

The more I look at this team, the more I get the feeling they are going to do accomplish some things. It just doesn't have the feel of a team that's new.

*Confidence intensifies*
Yup, at first i thought it was some publicity stunt to gather american fans around the accomplished figure that represent Haas racing team. I started to rethink about it when i read that Grosjean was going to drive for Haas.

Back