General discussions for GTA Vice City Stories

Yeah, that's the one. Nice shot. I won't be able to host a record book, I'm not sure I'll have time to compete until this summer; although I do hope I still get to play occasionally. But I'm not complaining, I finally have the prerequisites to take Information Assurance/Ethical Hacking, Cisco Routers and Switches, and Active Directory on Server 2003, so I'm spending more time on my assignments than necessary in order to get as much out of the classes as possible. Gaming skills are coming in handy. It's the 3rd week of classes and I've already collected all of the hidden packages - in this case, packages are the questions, choices, and correct answers for every quiz and exam.

I'd like to do some videos, but I still haven't found anything to catch my interest. Can you offer any suggestions and still keep the spoilers fairly low? Speaking of spoilers, what is the tolerance level in this topic? I have some questions about a couple of rampages.

* Possible Rampage or Balloon Spoilers *

I read someplace that 2 rampages must be collected with aircraft, but only one on the east island presented any problem, and I came really close to that one a couple of times. Am I pretty much on track with everyone else on these?

Two balloons on the west island were kind of tricky. I got 1 by borrowing a weapon from a rampage, but I could never find an angle on the last one. I got pretty good at hopping from roof to roof using bikes, but I never found a way to see it without heading over to the east island. Did I miss anything? I got the same percentage that Pheak reported for a starter save, so I'm probably good on missions.

I wanted to say something positive, but that's the best I could do. I think I'll go back to my homework, it's bound to be more fun the the trouble Phreak is setting me up for. Got anything to suggest that will help restore my faith in the game?
Well there is some fun/innovative missions ahead.
Minor rant though, - as an experienced GTA player you will likely miss something by completing the missions faster than scripted.
If it weren't for Loco's never-ending quest for special vehicles we might never have known ;)

GTA_Loco
How about authoring the VCS Record Book so we can compete again to keep us busy as well before October?
Why don't you start one, - I might have 1 or 2 competitive entries.

* Possible Rampage or Balloon Spoilers *

I read someplace that 2 rampages must be collected with aircraft, but only one on the east island presented any problem, and I came really close to that one a couple of times. Am I pretty much on track with everyone else on these?
The guide on GameFAQs says 3.

1. On the W island which you can easily jump to from a neighbouring building (even on foot).

2. Revolver/Sharks (E) can be reached fairly easy with a spectacular jump and drop on a PCJ-600. I discovered that trying to repeat something from a mission ;)

3. M249/Vehicles (E), I think it's going to be very hard to jump to that one.

I'd like to do some videos, but I still haven't found anything to catch my interest. Can you offer any suggestions and still keep the spoilers fairly low?
Good luck on your classes then and congrats for finding all the packages. Hopefully everything will turn out just fine. And if some of the things you need to do don’t come up to your expectations, please don’t go on a rampage :D

Some possible vids I can think of:

A. Getting to the 2nd island early using the following tricks shared by Lancet Jades (Johnny):
1. Get the hydraulics for Taxis, then jump a Cabbie or Taxi* between the east bridge off Starfish Island and the lone tree south of it (on Diaz's property). Jump parallel to the bridge, and bail out. If you're lucky, the game should semi-glitch, and you'll end up in the ped walkway of the bridge. Then just walk to the 2nd island. A very hit or miss method, but
works.

2. Get a Yankee and back it up to that spot (between the tree and the bridge). Try to get the right-hand wheels right next to the bridge structure. When you get out, it'll sort of glitch and tilt, with the right side pointing up. Get on top of it, and do a running jump. The altitude this tilt gives you is sufficient to barely jump over the invisilbe wall that stretches up. The tilt is critical. Without it, you just can't make it. Again, hit or miss, because getting the Yankee backed up far enough, and with the tilt, without it falling off the land mass, is difficult.

3. This resembles LCS' trick, but infinitely less bothersome, and much easier. Know that dirt mound with a police bribe at the top pointing west, near Escobar's main terminal building (it's a bit southwest of it)? Beyond that mound, there's a pipe in the ground. The trick is to jump on the pipe from the top of the mound. Sometimes, when you do this, it teleports you into Leaf Links, which allows access to the east island. This is even more hit or miss than 1 and 2, but the recoil time for a failed attempt is about 2-3 seconds, making it the easiest and most time-effective means of access.

#3 I think was originally discovered by Lucitanicus which he also posted in gamefaqs.com. Win98crash also posted at GTAF.com some snapshots for #3.

B. Doing a Perfect Flaming Quadruple or Triple Insane Jump or at the least, a long Insane Jump, something like 225m. One spot so far that looks perfect for this is on the stairs of a building marked jump #18 on this map.

C. Vids on difficult storyline missions like “Unfriendly Competition”, “High Wire” just to name a couple of them, or record time for the challenges like “Hyman Memorial O.D.T.”, “Land, Air & Sea Aces”, or maybe some of the races.

D. Finding the Easter Egg under construction inside the VCN building, or maybe accessing the interiors. According to vettefan, there are ways to access them, but I haven’t found much infos on this.

Now that’s quite a lot already I think. These are just some that might interest others to view a vid of. I’m sure your fans (including myself) are eager see some of your works again for this game :D

Well there is some fun/innovative missions ahead.
Minor rant though, - as an experienced GTA player you will likely miss something by completing the missions faster than scripted.
If it weren't for Loco's never-ending quest for special vehicles we might never have known ;)

Why don't you start one, - I might have 1 or 2 competitive entries.

I hope you’ll enjoy a naval battle with the cops with that one if ever you get the chance to obtain it :D

I’m not sure if I can allot substantial time to host a record book given that I’m quite tied up too with some professional commitment. If I can’t, hopefully someone will since this game has a lot of fun stuff also that's nice to put on a record book.

Fortunately I have most missions archived on MaxDrive, - too bad that I was a bit short on ammo on that particular save.

I'll try to put up a record book, - now don't make me regret it ;)

Cool. I tried viewing it with sunglasses; it's still pink. Pink and orange - this must be Vice City. Nice logo, dude.

Is my controller going bad, or is it necessary to push the accelerator button fairly hard to maintain top speed in vehicles?

I wouldn't throw it out right away, - I've played through LCS without ever noticing that the buttons were pressure sensitive. Didn't find out before half way through VCS :dunce:

The banner is a Rockstar wallpaper, slightly edited (click it for original).
GTPlanet had some severe database errors (that wouldn't have anything to do with your recently acquired "ethical hacking" skillz would it?) so I'm happy just to get it up in whole.

So gta vcs is pressure sensitive for accelerating?
I've only played one other ps2 game that had it, the bouncer.

I to notice gtplanet had some werid errors yeserday, couldn't get on at all.

Yeah, - there seems to be 2 levels of acceleration and braking.

I've been fooling around with capturing video with my old crappy TV card, here's the results: (the ultimate unique jump spoiler ;) )

On Google and a bit better quality downloadable on Filefront

bcks
So gta vcs is pressure sensitive for accelerating?
I've only played one other ps2 game that had it, the bouncer.
All the GTA games have been pressure sensitive for acceleration and braking besides Liberty City Stories, which was only pressure sensitive for braking (strangely). It didn't matter how hard you pressed the buttons in that game. (Also don't forget Gran Turismo, which is the whole point of this forum ;).. even though I don't own it :P)

As for VCS, I've noticed that you need to press down fairly hard to maintain top speed, but it shouldn't be anything major, so it could be your controller.

I remember on a couple of Blake's old controllers and one of my old ones the actual X button (or in one of the cases, the square button) went in further than it should, which meant you really had to push in hard..

I got Vice City Stories yesterday on PS2, Its great especially the atmosphere and all that stuff. The backdrops are spectacular at sunset. The game does feel REALLY small compared to SA though and a bit empty with less freedom/things you can do(except the fighting stuff) and I do feel they could have added more to the map like maybe a small extra island like starfish and some more interesting places to visit.
Oh yea, how the hell do you swim properly in this game. I died a few times because I didnt have enough breath to get back to shore. Even when your stationary in the water I cant work out how to get my breath back:indiff:

Lung capacity has nothing to do with it, you can't dive under water either (unless you're on a jetski).
Vic's swimming stamina is limited until unlimited swimming is unlocked by a side mission.
If you don't get on dry land before the meter runs out you drown.
Try looking for the small ramps scattered around along the seawalls.

It's only small because it's actually a PSP game. They're also not going to add extra islands, because it's based two years before the original Vice City.

The fighting additions are definitely cool though. 👍

I got to bit where you can take over rival gangs businesses yesterday. Too easy to make money now:( No challenge. I liked in SA where you had to ration your ammo it would be a BIG deal to get busted or wasted. Now you can just buy your guns back for a small fee. I have no motivation to stay alive.

It would have been better if your Empire Payday was once a week imo...

Help, i have finished the game, and only got to fly the Hunter for two missions.

I have deleted the gamesave, and have started again, and now i want a hunter NOW.

How do i get one?

Where's GTA_Phreak......

:irked:👍

I'm right here, but I didn't steal your Hunter, honestly :nervous:

If you want to fly the Hunter then deleting your gamesave was a bad move.
The Hunter isn't available (apart from 2 storymissions) before you complete the storyline.

Spoiler (highlight to view)
Once you complete the storyline the Hunter will spawn at the airport, just inside the fence where the road forks off to the cargo entrance.
It triggers the sidemission "Skywolf", - just cancel it if you want to fly it around

/Spoiler

i love quick responses.

Thanx. :cheers:

I hate that i deleted my gamesave.

Now i have to kill all those bints in bikinis again

:irked:👍

Back