General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
Found this on my friends stream
FB_20150206_02_19_10_Saved_Picture.jpg

@boomee No KOF, No Fatal Fury, No Samurai Showdown. None of that is in the works last I checked.

Also, how you been? Time has flown by.

Last edited:
I have a question for you guys. It's about BlazBlue Continuum Shift and Continuum Shift 2 on the PS3. Now, from what I understand, before CS2 was launched, they said that CS2 would be a downloadable patch for CS. The current version of CS is 1.01; is that the CS2 patch for the game? If not, then how could one get it?

Also, did CS2 get a physical release as well (for the console, not the handhelds)?

Nothing in the store or automatic update? Because chrono phantasm is the current title. But they did release a physical copy of cs2

Last edited:
Nothing in the store or automatic update? Because chrono phantasm is the current title. But they did release a physical copy of cs2

Upon further research, the changes for CS came with Platinum the Trinity DLC. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out for CS2, rare as it is.

Thanks though.

@boomee No KOF, No Fatal Fury, No Samurai Showdown. None of that is in the works last I checked.
Actually, they are staffing for the next KOF game. The new KOF game is supposed to go back to 3D models, not like the Maximum Impact series, and is supposed to launch alongside some slot machines (Pachinko).

The producer of the new game is alleged to be KOF 12 and 13 producer Masaaki Kukino, who left SNK in 2010, but returned after some freelance work in November 2013. This marks a full year and three months on the job if they started development then. [Source]

Here is confirmation that the new KOF game is supposed to have 3D models. Gameplay speaking, however, is up in the air as to whether or not it will be like Tekken (and by extension, Maximum Impact), or make it a 2.5D fighter like Street Fighter IV. [Source]

The latest news has SNK searching for more staff. The main question that is up for grabs at this point is whether or not SNK wants to invest money into making their own engine, or follow the path of their contemporaries and use a pre-made engine like Unreal 4. [Source]

Abit of a surprise to find that out, all I found were just people wishing for another KOF.

Anyhow, found this:

And yes, that's Katsuhiro Harada..wearing a Pikachu Sweater...go ahead and process that for a moment.

Also, Dat Lucky Chloe. Hnnng *ded*

I've always been a Capcom person in regards to fighting games. Most of my SNK fighting game experience has been fairly limited. I did at one point want to get a PS2 King of Fighters game back then. Maybe the one game from SNK I've spent the most time with was the SNES version of Fatal Fury. Second most was probably "The Last Blade" back in my college days. Regardless, I've been more Capcom than SNK, but I don't hate SNK by any stretch. Capcom and SNK are two kings of fighting games, much like how (then) SquareSoft and (then) Enix were kings of RPGs.

I always thought that Enix was SquareSoft. Do you guys think that we are hitting another flat line for Fighting games?

I always thought that Enix was SquareSoft. Do you guys think that we are hitting another flat line for Fighting games?

Enix was a separate company and then merged with Squaresoft to become Square Enix.

And the final boss for Tekken 7 is...

kazumi1.jpg

kazumi2.jpg

kazumi3.jpg

kazumi4.jpg

Interestingly, her Devil form looks much different then what was shown in the initial teaser last year and that stage looks exactly like the volcano in which Kazuya was fighting Heihachi in the intro.

@boomee No KOF, No Fatalfury, No Samurai Showdown. None of that is in the works last I checked.

Also, how you been? Time has flown by.
Whats up been busy working still gaming when I can bought a ps4 havent played a fighting game In awhile may pick up DOA if it isnt to crazy with the boob stuff

Actually, they are staffing for the next KOF game. The new KOF game is supposed to go back to 3D models, not like the Maximum Impact series, and is supposed to launch alongside some slot machines (Pachinko).

The producer of the new game is alleged to be KOF 12 and 13 producer Masaaki Kukino, who left SNK in 2010, but returned after some freelance work in November 2013. This marks a full year and three months on the job if they started development then. [Source]

Here is confirmation that the new KOF game is supposed to have 3D models. Gameplay speaking, however, is up in the air as to whether or not it will be like Tekken (and by extension, Maximum Impact), or make it a 2.5D fighter like Street Fighter IV. [Source]

The latest news has SNK searching for more staff. The main question that is up for grabs at this point is whether or not SNK wants to invest money into making their own engine, or follow the path of their contemporaries and use a pre-made engine like Unreal 4. [Source]
Thanks Sanji for the Info

Whst do u mean manly and Is that bad?
It isn't bad, just technical. In Street Fighter, to give you an example, a lot of one frame links are a bit forgiving, but in KOF, you actually have to work to execute them just right.

Sanji got it. There is alot more to think about in Tekken and KOF than street fighter aside from execution.

Seth-like? The birth of S.I.N?

Back