General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
I realize that but after they basically allowed you to switch into that stance in TTT2, what's the point anymore? As far as I tell, Devil Jin only existed because players like me didn't like Jin's Karate style so we had a classic Jin to play with and after they gave Jin the ability to switch to his old Kazama/Mishima style, I don't whats the point in having him apart from some devil moves (which they could easily just give jin and you can just access those powers when you switch to that style in his Devil Form, Like how Kazuya could only do that dash punch when he was in his Devil Form)

I realize that but after they basically allowed you to switch into that stance in TTT2, what's the point anymore? As far as I tell, Devil Jin only existed because players like me didn't like Jin's Karate style so we had a classic Jin to play with and after they gave Jin the ability to switch to his old Kazama/Mishima style, I don't whats the point in having him apart from some devil moves (which they could easily just give jin and you can just access those powers when you switch to that style in his Devil Form, Like how Kazuya could only do that dash punch when he was in his Devil Form)
I got use to Jin's Karate style in T5, I am pretty sure there were alot of Jin Mains out there.

Earlier tonight on the OUYA, I played a game called "Slashers: The Power Battle." This game is kind of like a throwback to the likes of "Samurai Shodown." It is not as intense or as fun as the Samurai Shodown series, but it is a pretty nice title to play on the OUYA. It does have very good, if not a bit simplistic graphics.

The OUYA is the most divided opinion in gaming. You either love or loathe it, kind of love it or kind of loathe it... it's a real divided audience. There aren't too many traditional fighting games for the OUYA. Considering the system has 1100 games (and counting), not many of those are quality fighting games. So don't expect Capcom or SNK quality fighters if seeking a fighting game for the OUYA. I do find "Battle High School 2" and "Slashers: The Power Battles" as two original fighting games for the OUYA. And I'm talking about original titles, not emulated fighters from past systems. There are no real 3D fighting games developed or in development for the OUYA that I know of.

Not many choices for fighting games for the OUYA. That can all change if someone is really driven to make quality fighters as good as any classical fighting games for the OUYA.

Pardon to barge in, but I guess this is the right place to talk about this game, a personal and eagerly awaited favourite of mine:

J-Stars Victory VS, or to be more precise, the newest, English-translated version; J-Stars Victory VS +. It's a true Vs crossover game in every sense of the word, meant to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the editing company behind famed Japanese magazine Shonen Jump. Needless to say, it has many of the characters you know and love (or not love, that depends), people such as Goku and Naruto and such. So far, the original game has received mostly positive reviews, despite the fact that there was no Arcade mode (I say "was" because the + version will have an additional Arcade mode to play with) and that the overall control scheme was rather simple in design. But really, it is great to hear that the game will make it past the Pacific Ocean to other countries, very few predicted this to happen.

A long while ago, I actually researched Battle High. I learned the series has its roots as part of XBLIG (XBOX Live Indie Games) before Battle High 2 found its way elsewhere including the OUYA. I know nothing of the first title, though. It's much like how many of us tend to know more about the Street Fighter 2 series than the very first Street Fighter. I played the first Street Fighter with "Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2," and there's good reason why SF2 is more revered.

As for Josie Rizal here I have but two words: Pinay power. She seems to be sort of a hybrid of Xiayou and Michelle (or maybe Julia), but much more along the lines of Michelle. Josie doing the Philippines proud in Tekken! :)

The 4th character that was leaked a month ago has been revealed: Gigas

Looks menacing and crazy (and has managed to Surpass Bryan in the Merciless beatdown category). I've already got a theory about this guy:

NANCY didn't do squat and G Corp now has Jacks on their side so the Mishima Zaibatsu (and their seemingly endless amount of funds) create this crazy thing to take on the Jacks and uses the upcoming tournament to put it through its paces.

I mentioned in the TEKKEN 7 thread that Gigas is one of the fiercest fighters in any fighting game. He's almost as fierce as Kintaro from Mortal Kombat 2. I thought of Marduk at first because Gigas so big... and so is Marduk. I'm pretty sure this guy will not be someone who'll screw around, especially considering what damage he's capable of from that video.

Yoshimitsu Gameplay Trailer:

Oh man, Yoshi keeps looking more and more strange as games go on. Now he looks like a squid, if that makes any sense... I know there has to be some weird storyline reason for this to happen, but still, it's unsettling. :boggled:

Life and society have their oddball characters. Surely in Tekken, Yoshimitsu is as oddball as you can get. I am more surprised as to how much more agile he is in Tekken 7 than in any other Tekken I remember playing. Not to say Yoshimitsu is slow or anything, but he just seems more agile and athletic than ever.

Pardon to barge in, but I guess this is the right place to talk about this game, a personal and eagerly awaited favourite of mine:

J-Stars Victory VS, or to be more precise, the newest, English-translated version; J-Stars Victory VS +. It's a true Vs crossover game in every sense of the word, meant to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the editing company behind famed Japanese magazine Shonen Jump. Needless to say, it has many of the characters you know and love (or not love, that depends), people such as Goku and Naruto and such. So far, the original game has received mostly positive reviews, despite the fact that there was no Arcade mode (I say "was" because the + version will have an additional Arcade mode to play with) and that the overall control scheme was rather simple in design. But really, it is great to hear that the game will make it past the Pacific Ocean to other countries, very few predicted this to happen.
O my days that looks amazing never heard of it before also kenshiro in it I am sold I wonder if jaggie make it in. I love crossovers

O my days that looks amazing never heard of it before also kenshiro in it I am sold I wonder if jaggie make it in. I love crossovers

Not sure if Jagi (that's the character you are refering to, correct?) will make it into the roster; so far, no additional characters have been announced for the game, although with this being a Bandai-Namco-published game, the chances of DLC are quite likely...

Not sure if Jagi (that's the character you are refering to, correct?) will make it into the roster; so far, no additional characters have been announced for the game, although with this being a Bandai-Namco-published game, the chances of DLC are quite likely...
Yeah this being a Asian title mirco transactions are quite big there so dlc is a given . looks like a good mix, is it ps4 only as I only have a 3 at the moment

Yeah this being a Asian title mirco transactions are quite big there so dlc is a given . looks like a good mix, is it ps4 only as I only have a 3 at the moment

No, the game will have a PS3 port as well. So, you can afford to buy a copy, all you really lose are the better graphics of the PS4 version.

No, the game will have a PS3 port as well. So, you can afford to buy a copy, all you really lose are the better graphics of the PS4 version.

Cool personally I still think there is years of life left in the ps3 especially for obscure 2d titles. I kept my dreamcast for that reason I am still buying new games now for it. I will get a 4 when I can't resist games list no more

Cool personally I still think there is years of life left in the ps3 especially for obscure 2d titles. I kept my dreamcast for that reason I am still buying new games now for it. I will get a 4 when I can't resist games list no more

Fair enough, although J-Stars is a 3D game, not a 2D one. Still, you and I have one more reason to keep using our PS3s. I say quite often that J-Stars might be the last PS3 game I'll ever buy, so I hope it'll be a fun way to go out.

Kazumi Mishima Gameplay Trailer:

A very fluid fighting style with a touch of that familiar Mishima Flair, A beautiful face and a damn literal Tiger Uppercut. Can't explain, just want.

Back