General San Andreas Discussion and Questions

Jimmy Enslashay

Fox
Staff Emeritus
matthewjlcoleman
Ok guys, this is the General San Andreas Discussion Thread. Here is what can be put here:

• Questions about aspects of San Andreas that do not relate to Main Story Missions.
  • Things you have observed in San Andreas.
  • Things you like/hate about San Andreas, and your feelings towards it.
  • Things you like to do in San Andreas that you wish to tell the people here about.
  • Just General Discussion, Information, Comments and Questions about San Andreas, which don't relate to the Main Story Missions.
Related Threads
The Los Santos Mission Help Thread
The San Fierro Mission Help Thread
The Las Venturas Mission Help Thread
The Images of San Andreas Thread
The Off-Topic GTA Thread (About all GTA Games and General Un-Related Discussion amongst GTA Forum regulars).

I will link people to others if necessary.

Thanks for all your co-operation guys.

Cheers. :cheers:
Jimmy.

Yes this is definatley the place to post all your general comments.
My first comment is, has anyone noticed that if you leave your ps2 on for a while with the game paused that when you start up again it goes quite slow in parts gets really annoying after a while.

Yeah, trust yeti on that one. I experienced it myself. I left my PS2 going with Vice City in non-stop unless I was asleep. It ended up being half-dead, which is why I now have a PStwo.

Anyone played 2-Player? What happens when one of the players tries to disappear off the screen?

Not played 2 player... my girlfriend isn't into "mindless violence and offensive swearing!!" and therefore hates it...

I'm gonna have to go and visit some pals to get my 2 player fix...

C.

How do you know what day it is? I remember seeing it somewhere but I can't find it again.

When I was in San Fierro I kept getting phonecalls from Cesar about some courier who was going back and forth between SF and LS and I could make money by robbing him, but I could only get him going one direction on certain days of the week, and going the direction on other days of the week.

I always got the phone call too late in the day after a mission or something so I only caught him once, but he'd lost all his cargo by the time I nailed him. I never figured out how to tell what day it was so I could catch him early on his journey.

KM.

Press L1. When it comes up with your Stats, look in the top-right corner of the Stats bar. It will have "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", etc.

Jimmy Enslashay
Press L1. When it comes up with your Stats, look in the top-right corner of the Stats bar. It will have "Mon", "Tue", "Wed", etc.

Thanks. I didn't notice that before. Well, I did once early in the game and never noticed it again after that.

Another question - does your driving skill make any difference to how the cars handle or anything like that?

I know the bike skill means you can tolerate crashes without falling off. I've maxed out my bike skill but my car skill is still rubbish. I'm just wondering what difference it makes.

KM.

Someone told me that Car skill increases quicker if you drive faster and closer to other road users and avoid crashing... or is it simply time/distance in the saddle? my car skill is annoyingly low... I want to do the race in LS!

C.

I think it's a combination of both. If you drive well, avoid crashes, etc, it will increase, but if you drive enough, your stats will inevitably increase.

The result of this, improves the handling of the cars, but only slightly. The handling only improves like this:

Most cars will slide out less when you take corners, however they will still slide out. It will be easier to control.
The cars will take Handbrake turns easier.

Nothing happens to the performance of the cars as such, and each car will maintain most of it's handling anyway. They will just be easier to control.

I just maxxed out my bike skill, and I barely ever fall off now (unless I, for example, collide head on with an SUV). My car skill is about 2/3 full, and there is a very noticeable improvement in oversteer. Earlier in the game, any car with decent power had horrific oversteer, but now it is at the point where I can manage most cars at the limit without having the rear end going all over the place.

Ev0
I just maxxed out my bike skill.
I maxed out mine a while back (I used bikes a good bit more than cars) and I can handle all sorts of crashes and bumps much better without crashing. It could make doing stunts and the likes much easier.

KM.

What the HELL is an "OG"?

For that matter, what the Underworld is an "ese"?

Ese is spanish for bro, buddy, dude, that kind of thing

**edit**
"whus goin on Ese ?"
"Hey Ese, your ride is dope, yo "
" Ese, you smell like asss " ( actually heard one of them say that to me )

Orange Grove? What?

The Ballas have OGs, Cesar has OGs, you have OGs - not to mention OG Loc... I'm assuming it's something gang-related and summarily ignoring the Orange Grove answer until an explanation is forthcoming.

Cesar talks about his "eses" and refers to Carl as his "ese" a lot. Again, I'm assuming it's something Spanish/pig-Spanish.

Famine
Orange Grove? What?

The Ballas have OGs, Cesar has OGs, you have OGs - not to mention OG Loc... I'm assuming it's something gang-related and summarily ignoring the Orange Grove answer until an explanation is forthcoming.

Cesar talks about his "eses" and refers to Carl as his "ese" a lot. Again, I'm assuming it's something Spanish/pig-Spanish.

What do you mean by "the Ballas have OGs" and "Cesar has OGs"? (examples please... and is it said O.G. or Og?

Carl quite often shouts "OG Fool" and "OGF" and things like that when you kill people... a bit like Tommy shouting "Vercetti, remember the name" and things like that.

C.

I just got all gold on the driving tests, now Im cruising around in my blown "Hotknife".

What the hell, I just found a fire dept helicopter on Verona beach LS? Its called 'Raindance'.

I didnt fly it just got in it to see whats its name was. I will go back and check.

I haven't reached any flight missions in the game yet at all. Also, I kinda stumbled upon the airport by sea (fell in the water, was swimming back to shore), and I was given 5 stars and a ****load cops appears from all directions. BUT, I was retrying the same exact mission, and was driving a dirtbike in the county. I came flying out of a tunnel, off a cliff, over the ocean, and onto the hanger. I was expecting to get stars but I didn't get any.

So I get back on my bike, thinking that I must have to touch the airport ground to get the stars. I kinda scope the place out and spot a helicopter nearby, and decided that's my best way out of there. I fly off the hanger speeding towards the helicopter, no stars... I ditch the bike and hop in. Still no stars. I take off and fly back to my garage. No stars at all.

Maybe they don't anticipte you entering by air, and it's just a glitch that you don't get stars?

Ok ive flown it, Its nice to fly and sounds good. Its big like a cargo heli..... but I doesnt do anything special except fly.

Back