General San Andreas Discussion and Questions

IntegraGS-R
but what ended it?
I was too scared to go on :nervous:. . . .

No really, my PS2 had been through a lot lately, so I was afraid that it would freeze at any moment. I was thinking about taking pictures every so often, like Spuds mentioned, but I have this wierd thing about me where I must have every record that I make saved onto one save file* :odd:. Strange, yes? It's kind of like the other wierd thing about me where I will never save after I die or get busted; even after I got 100% :dunce:. Or like when I made a special trip to the gym to lift 110 pound dumb bells because I saw the category in my stats. It seems like I have to have near perfect stats at all times :crazy:!! 501 just sounded like a good number, and if you are wondering, I could have kept going on vigilante because I am:
Blake
a sick SOB
*The only exception to this is when I made a separate save file for superjumps on Vice City ;)

yeah, i'm pretty much the same way.. not worried about the wasted and busted stats though.. on VC i didn't save if i got wasted or busted at first, but got tired of redoing little tedious things.. i have been wasted/busted tons of times in SA :)

In SA I don't care if I die, but I never save if I get bused...and that's never occured unless I'm mucking around :odd:

Blake

in VC i very rarely saved after being busted/wasted as it was tedious getting wepons back, now however all i do is date the nurse and cop and i have been wasted/busted many times and i dont even care.

Well after 2 hours of Vigilante this is my rundown (the game is pasued atm)

1 hour mark: done155 lvls with 1830 kills and 70:00min on the clock
Ate at lvl 120

2 hour mark: done 311 lvls with 3666 kills and 130:00min on the clock
ate at lvl 210

these hours are done via my Flight time stat, i was 15:48 when I started Vigilante so at 16:48 and 17:48 i took the 1 hour and 2 hour stats.

As you can see im averaging around 1800 kills per hour and thats just vigilante victims that doesnt include inicent bystanders. As far as im aware the best killing method is around 1500 - 2000 kills per hour??. i will be back later to post the 3rd and maybe 4th hour results by which time i would be past the 500th lvl. :)

I'd take your criminals killed stat with a grain of salt (unless you checked your people wasted stat) for that killing rate-- see our discussion about people killed since last checkpoint-- its possible some of those criminals killed on vigilante are being credited to the people wasted by others or not being counted at all-- which would be a crying shame. 👎

I always saved after dying/busted in VC--as evidenced by my superb dying/busted stats in VC and the fact that I had over 100,000 kills not even count toward my CR :ouch:

well here is 3rd and 4th hour results, btw this is going by flight time stat and i have reason to belive that the flight time stat counts slower than real time.

3 hour mark: done 456 lvls with 5406 kills and 187:00min on the clock
ate at lvl 336

3hr 55min: done 600lvls with 7134 kills and 242:00 on the clock
ate at lvl 456 and 591.

and once i completed lvl 600 my kills since last checkpoint was 6566 (which i have a pic of :P) So it was nearly 500 kills below criminals killed stat.

no i stopped at lvl 601, (completed 600 lvls) and i got a nice $18,000,000. My ps2 was freezen for a 2 seconds or so every 30mim, so i didnt want to chance it.

Can some one hop in a plane/heli and take notice of there flight time and fly for 10 real minutes then go back and check there flight time to see if it has increased by 10 min?. i think the flight time is slower than real time however i tested the game playing time and it seems to be just the same as real time. 600lvls felt longer than 3hr 55min.

Small_Fryz
Can some one hop in a plane/heli and take notice of there flight time and fly for 10 real minutes then go back and check there flight time to see if it has increased by 10 min?. i think the flight time is slower than real time however i tested the game playing time and it seems to be just the same as real time. 600lvls felt longer than 3hr 55min.

yeah, it's off... i'm doing vigilante now and recording all the stats that have anything to do with it every 100 levels.. its if starts having problems loading i'll probably stop also, but if not i'm gonna go forever :D

at start (of vigilante) --
flight time- 15:29
playing time- 292:02

at 100 levels --
flight time- 16:06
playing time- 292:56

At least they give you "some" time for flying the helis this time-- I didn't like not getting flight stats in VC for flying the hunter-- maybe they took off the time you were hovering and not actually flying???
Spuds.

Spuds725
At least they give you "some" time for flying the helis this time-- I didn't like not getting flight stats in VC for flying the hunter-- maybe they took off the time you were hovering and not actually flying???
Spuds.

maybe its an altitude thing.. you have to be a certain height for it to register as flight time.. the same "ceiling" could be used for the jetpack time, but since the jetpack is considered a weapon it gets its own.. someone should find out :)

Ok, forgot to mention this earlier, but I was messing around today with a PCJ and I may have got a superjump but died as I was getting launched-- it may never have gotten launched--it happened very fast.

I was trying to repeat the packer superjump-- I used the PCJ and drove it under the Hydra at the air strip-- I managed to wedge the hydra up in the air (off the ground) and it stuck there, I then drove under it again a little farther back and it fell on me-- either it or my bike immediately exploded killing me instantly.

I was able to do this twice.

If its the bike exploding then nothing you can do about it, but its the hydra, maybe you can wedge a bike under the hunter after vigilante and see if you get launched-- the super armor on the hunter should protect it.... anyway just a thought--- I don't know if its possible and didn't have time to try it out since then.

Spuds.

Spuds725
Ok, forgot to mention this earlier, but I was messing around today with a PCJ and I may have got a superjump but died as I was getting launched-- it may never have gotten launched--it happened very fast.

I was trying to repeat the packer superjump-- I used the PCJ and drove it under the Hydra at the air strip-- I managed to wedge the hydra up in the air (off the ground) and it stuck there, I then drove under it again a little farther back and it fell on me-- either it or my bike immediately exploded killing me instantly.

I was able to do this twice.

If its the bike exploding then nothing you can do about it, but its the hydra, maybe you can wedge a bike under the hunter after vigilante and see if you get launched-- the super armor on the hunter should protect it.... anyway just a thought--- I don't know if its possible and didn't have time to try it out since then.

Spuds.

maybe you could use a bicycle, they dont explode (right?)

edit: just noticed this.. when you press L2 and R2 to look behind you in first person view with the hunter it looks directly below you, so if you are traveleing forward (at an angle) and you look behind you you see everything upside down..

IntegraGS-R
edit: just noticed this.. when you press L2 and R2 to look behind you in first person view with the hunter it looks directly below you, so if you are traveleing forward (at an angle) and you look behind you you see everything upside down..
That was the same as it was in Vice City.

Spuds -- How about trying to recreate the Packer SuperJump with the Packer itself? Maybe that would work?

I tried that (and wrote about it somewhere in here)--- just can't get it up high enough-- it keeps moving as you push up next to it but it will move up slightly--just not high enough to drive under all the way. I tried wedging the packer up next to another truck but had not luck-- I tried for about 2 hours last week (about 1/2 hour with a packer and the rest of the time just trying to get stuck in places) anyway, thats why I'm experimenting with other vehicles--- I'm pretty sure its 2 solid objects trying to occupy the same space that causes the actual jump-- I'm sure its possible somewhere in San Andreas--just gotta find it.

I'm actually wondering if Seymours jumps are actually superjumps-- I messed around up there with a quad bike again and I don't know how he is getting his rotation high enough. It seems like the air time you get flying off Mt Chilliad is about the same as the air time in a good VC superjump---so his flip rotation must be pretty high--- it possible the rock (or rocks) he is hitting is wedging the quad bike and that is initiating his spin--- I am really curious about this one which is why I hope he shares it soon so I can try it out.

His spin is 4000% more then 2nd place--- sure seems like a super jump.

Spuds.

Spuds725
I'm actually wondering if Seymours jumps are actually superjumps-- I am really curious about this one which is why I hope he shares it soon so I can try it out.

His spin is 4000% more then 2nd place--- sure seems like a super jump.

Spuds.

yeah, i've done lots of experimenting on chiliad but haven't been able to do much.. there is a go-kart in the nearby city (south).. they spin and flip very very fast and you can't fall off, but they blow up pretty easily.. i'm very anxious to find the exact spot he is using

stats so far for vigilante:

start:

CR -- 528553
criminals wasted -- 14043
people wasted by others -- 5691
you've wasted -- 63407
RVD -- 19294
Fires started -- 25172

distance -- 4,947,592
flight time -- 15:29

criminals killed on vigilante -- 14285

money -- 999,862,637

292:02

level 100:
time on clock 45:50
killed 1134

CR -- 529715
criminals wasted -- 15017
people wasted by others -- 5719
people you've wasted -- 64854
rvd -- 19764
fires started -- 25272
kills since last checkpoint -- 1015

distance -- 5,208,894.5
flight time -- 16:06

criminals killed on vigilante -- 15419

292:56

note: got the message saying he was hunger at lvl 80 and have yet to lose any fat/muscle/life
note: started losing live around lvl 110 (aparantly my fat and muslce were already at 0) ate 2 candybars at 293:05

level 202:
time on clock 86:49
killed 2370

CR -- 531010
criminals wasted -- 16188
people wasted by others -- 5737
people you've wasted -- 66404
rvd -- 20242
fires started -- 25515
kills since last checkpoint -- 2225

distance -- 5,467,104
flight time -- 16:41
criminals killed on vigilante -- 16655

293:52

note: level 208, lost fat, ate some candybars
note: level 296, lost fat

level 300:
time on clock 30:54
killed 3534

CR -- 532174
criminals wasted -- 17272
people wasted by others -- 5753
people you've wasted -- 67863
rvd -- 20698
fires started -- 25795
kills since last checkpoint --3338

distance -- 5,739,550
flight time -- 17:19
criminals killed on vigilante -- 17819

294:48

Yeah, maybe he is hitting a rock, getting wedged for a split second then being launched into really fast spins/flips etc...surelly it couldn't be a natural jump -- not that I'm doubting the legitimacy of the records.

Blake

Is he using a go kart?? I thought it was a quad bike.

I was doing the race "go go karting" today and noticed that the go kart looked like it would be good for some stunts-- I didn't get a chance to try it out though...

Jimmy Enslashay
He said he was using a Quad Bike.

yeah...

i was doing the same thing, spuds.. decided to take a go-kart up chiliad.. it spins REALLY fast, but has a tendency to spin perpindicular to the ground.. it also flips very fast, but doesn't have much for top speed.. i have done lots of runs up chiliad with a kart and havent' been able to pull of anythign spectacular though.. my rotation record wasn't even done on chiliad

integra how many lvls of vig are you doing per hour of flight time, and have you traveled 5,400,000 m in the helicopter or is that 5,400,000 feet.

I belive 600lvls of vigilante took me close to 5 hours of real time, even though its 3hr 55min of flight time.

I also did a test in the hydra and i flew for 10 real minutes and it was only 8 mins flight time, i didnt fly very high i dont think i would of got much higher than the top of the beam/post of the gant bridge.

Small_Fryz
integra how many lvls of vig are you doing per hour of flight time, and have you traveled 5,400,000 m in the helicopter or is that 5,400,000 feet.

I belive 600lvls of vigilante took me close to 5 hours of real time, even though its 3hr 55min of flight time.

I also did a test in the hydra and i flew for 10 real minutes and it was only 8 mins flight time, i didnt fly very high i dont think i would of got much higher than the top of the beam/post of the gant bridge.

163.6363636363 levels/flight time hour on average for the first 300 levels.. oh, and the measurement is in feet.

after 600 levels i was avg 153 lvls per flight hour, and i so far i think 1min real time equals .8 min flight time.

but based on your stats so far 1 min real time = .66 flight time

Here's a strange off topic post...

Is this forum acting strange for anyone else? You know the column on the left that has the icon that is highlighted or marked depending on how busy the thread is or whether you've posted to that thread....

Tonight it's been acting strange.

Every so often, the icon dissappears for some threads on the main GTA page and is replaced with text saying something like "You have replied 4 times to this thread". But only for some threads I've replied to and sometimes when I hit refresh it either replaces all the text boxes on that column with normal icons or it replaces all the icons on that column with text saying "You have replied X times to this thread". Wnen I reload it's a mixture of strange text and icons again.

edit: It's stopped happening now and you all think I've been hitting the crackpipe, eh?

KM.

Back