Genesis Teases New Supercar Concept for Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 124 comments
Fair enough, Famine đź‘Ť But it's interesting how they won't even talk about it. Almost as if they're embarrassed about it. Don't blame them lol.
If that was the case, we wouldn't have even had the teaser...

They're not talking about it because that's the nature of PR. They want the teaser to gain traction (which makes it super odd that GTPlanet is still the only English language outlet to have noticed it; Eurogamer Italy has also spotted it... via GTPlanet) and then they'll officially announce it nearer its arrival in the game. I don't think we'll have to wait long.

No, it's not. He stated that "nobody cares about fictional VGTS and Concepts". That's a broad, sweeping statement on behalf of everyone on the planet.

You get to speak for yourself. Sometimes you get to speak for yourself and others who have expressed a sentiment of agreement. At no point do you get to speak for everyone.

He may not care about fictional VGTs and concepts, but that doesn't mean nobody does; other people may, and it may depend entirely on what the car is. The rest of my post already explained that, with examples, quite comprehensively.

It's truly weird that people think that they can or should hide behind a supposed unanimous agreement on a matter of personal preference. Say what you like, or don't like; don't pretend everyone likes a thing just because you do.
Meanwhile, you get debate class credit and we get more middling execution of a really great game.

Meanwhile, you get debate class credit and we get more middling execution of a really great game.
Cool. Doesn't really change the part where you - quite incorrectly - interjected to say someone could "legit" speak for everyone, before rambling on about aspects of the game you don't like even though my statement had nothing to do with that.

The last part of which you've just done again 🤷‍♂️

Pick your arguments more carefully. This one isn't it.

Last edited:
As with many parts of GT7, some people will like VGTs/ concept cars and some people won't.

Yes, they aren't "real" cars, but they do look futuristic and science fiction which could appeal to some. Casual players might be less bothered that a car isn't "real".

Many car manufacturers like concept cars because they get easy press attention and create a sense of excitement around an otherwise ordinary roster of cars. It's a similar halo effect that they get with participation in motorsport. You see an Alpine F1 car and rush out to buy a base-spec Clio.

PD/Sony have to appeal to a broad customer base and also to car manufacturers. So whatever we think about them, I think the economic reality is car manufacturers will keep on making concept cars and PD will keep on making VGT cars.

Bottom line (again): PD have to make a game to appeal to everyone from newbies who have never played a racing game before all the way to very experienced players who might have been playing GTs for years. None of us will get exactly what we want from the game all of the time.

Back