Genesis Teases New Supercar Concept for Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 124 comments
If this month's update is 3 vgt's man that would be brutal for an already not good update model
I was excited for the VGT program... but I feel it is compromising PD in making real world cars. So many cars, especially normal road cars are lacking in GT7, wish we were getting more of them instead.
We don't know that this is a Vision GT. It clearly takes aspects of the X which is in GT7, but also the X Speedium and Essentia which aren't. It could be just a concept; it could also be a Vision GT.

Personally I think this one looks brilliant. And most VGTs leave me absolutely cold.

Grand Theft Auto Walking GIF by Rockstar Games

The rear Quarter view reminds me of a Bugatti or some type of classic aero car. My favourite Color too. I can dig it.

Nobody cares about fictional VGTS and Concepts.

Give us real cars or at least prototypes.
Please limit your statements to yourself or to yourself and parties you know agree with you, rather than assuming you speak for everyone.

You may not care, and many people may not care, but some people do - and it very much varies by what the car is. I don't particularly care about the Ford GT90 Concept, but lots of people remember it incredibly fondly from GT2. My (current main) car has only ever been in the GT series as a concept (in GT PSP, GT4, GT5, and GT6) almost identical to the production model and I might be one of few people that care while lots of people don't.

Edit: Heh, it's never not fun to see the people who think everyone should agree with their opinion and therefore everyone does reacting badly to being told that's not how anything works.

Last edited:
Please limit your statements to yourself or to yourself and parties you know agree with you, rather than assuming you speak for everyone.

You may not care, and many people may not care, but some people do - and it very much varies by what the car is. I don't particularly care about the Ford GT90 Concept, but lots of people remember it incredibly fondly from GT2. My (current main) car has only ever been in the GT series as a concept (in GT PSP, GT4, GT5, and GT6) almost identical to the production model and I might be one of few people that care while lots of people don't.

Edit: Heh, it's never not fun to see the people who think everyone should agree with their opinion and therefore everyone does reacting badly to being told that's not how anything works.
There's a big difference between the GT90 Concept that was both on GT2 and needforspeed 2 (with the Jaguar XJ220) and VGT.

Concept cars have actually been built and are really interesting to drive.

Take the GTR Concept, who actually became the GTR we all know (with some difference)

Mazda 6 concept, actually became a production car

I love concept car,
I'm not fan of VGT, because there's no logic.

First, I was really happy because it was going to be like concept cars.

And then... well, Chapparal Vision GT and Dodge Tomahawk came out, these are just fantasies. Nothing real about them

Concept cars can become real car (206 coup de coeur) or can remain a concept car, but the main reality is they are real cars that where built.

VGT became mostly fantasy cars, built on computers and that's pretty it.

Only Mercedes actually built their VGT, same for Citroen GT

There's a big difference between the GT90 Concept that was both on GT2 and needforspeed 2 (with the Jaguar XJ220) and VGT.

Most concept cars never pass the clay, static, or rolling model stage. Only a small fraction ever function as "intended" - most rolling models have no engine, or a small engine for moving about at shows (it's been a while, but I reckon electric motors are now pretty commonly used).

One prototype of the GT90 was built, but it was not a complete product - not least because the engine in the rolling concept was a placeholder; Ford didn't actually have a quad-turbo 5.9 V12 to hand. It used a four-litre non-turbo (it had turbos, but they were locked open so produced no power) which the handful of journos who ever drove it were told to keep below 70mph and 3,000rpm (although I do recall one naughty outlet spinning it up to 5k).

The main perceived difference - as you note here - between most concept cars and Vision GT concept cars appears to be whether you can touch them.

Well, as it turns out, several brands actually made full size static models of VGTs in addition to the "fantasy cars, built on computers", in a variety of forms just like regular concepts. In fact some were hastily re-named concept cars that the manufacturer already had planned and slapped the VGT name onto - BMW, Subaru and Mitsubishi step forward. Other full-size clay/static/rolling cars I can think of right off the top of my head are the Mazda LM55, Chaparral 2X, Infiniti, Nissan 2020, and Alpine.

Also Mercedes, which did not build its Vision GT, outside of this static model. A prop car was created by DC for Justice League but it was significantly larger than the VGT and based on an SL. The Citroen wasn't a Vision GT - predating the program by five years - but a fully functional concept like the GT90... except actually finished and working, albeit with a Chevrolet V8 instead of the original concept's quad-motor hydrogen fuel cell. Citroen planned to make it as a production car, but cancelled it.

However Bugatti's Vision GT was not only entirely functional, it was actually sold to a private customer - who then sold it on to another person:

The Volkswagen Roadster was also fully functional, and drove into its debut at Wothersee. Audi's was used as a VIP taxi for hot laps at Formula E events...

Ultimately the only difference between concept cars and Vision GT concept cars is whether they have the GT logo on them somewhere. Except the original Peugeot VGT which only exists as a 1:8 model.

Take the GTR Concept, who actually became the GTR we all know (with some difference)

I love concept car,

And then... well, Chapparal Vision GT and Dodge Tomahawk came out, these are just fantasies. Nothing real about them

Concept cars can become real car (206 coup de coeur) or can remain a concept car, but the main reality is they are real cars that where built.

Perhaps, but you aren't really arguing the point that @Famine made which is simply not to make statements on behalf of other people as different people have different things they care more or less about. I.e. stating that I like cheese is different to stating that everyone likes cheese.

Some people like all VGT cars, some people like some of them and some people like none of them, I like some more than others, but each to their own. We don't even know if this is a VGT or not at present.

Last edited:

I feel ya. Who really cares about the Raptor? I'm sure some folks do, some don't, but I've kept my eye on Ford since GT2 and I've driven Ford trucks since I was 15 years old. My current vehicle is an F-150 STX 4x4, which shares some similarity with both the Raptor and the Mustang.

Also is it just me or is that, uh, thing in the photo smiling?
GENESIS: Yeeeessss, I'd just LOVE to go out to Grand Valley Speedway and give you a nice tour of the gravel trap off of turn 2.

The Korean brands have been killing it in design these last few years, looking forward to the official reveal
Those Hyundai N Vision cars were absolutely stunning. The Vision 74 is one of the prettiest modern cars I have ever seen. That's a car I'd love in GT7.

Yeah how about cars that we actually see on the road but can't afford or can't drive yet? Wasn't that the whole purpose of GT back in the day? I was ripping Honda Civics like it was my job and then ten years later when I actually had a job I was ripping those same Honda Civics in real life.

There are thousands of regular-ass cars they should be focusing on before all this concept crap that isn't real, won't be real, and that I don't care about. Every announcement of this stuff makes me a little more disillusioned at how much time they're wasting. I'd rather drive an old Mazda Lantis than a VGT thought experiment.

I love concept car,

You seem to not know a lot about concept cars, often they have no engine or a placeholder engine, aren’t really nice to drive even if they are drivable in a lot of cases.

Back