Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jordan's reaction to finding out its JUST a mobile game
1249.gif

He simply can't believe it either.

@MaverickX89 - Please do not double post. There is a Multi-quote function (the + Quote button) and an Edit feature for adding more content to an existing post. Use either of those.

Michael Jordan's reaction to finding out its JUST a mobile game
1249.gif

He simply can't believe it either.

I'm not happy either, but you have to understand GRP's current situation with costs. Btw micheal is too mainstream to know what TXR is LOL

>gets mad that a Japanese company is marketing to their home country- the ones who bring in the income
>is a filthy gaijin in a different country.

Get over it. It's probably not that bad. It actually does have a bit of appeal to play it on the go.

The only thing I don't like is the possibility that this maybe like almost every other racing mobile game where the car drives automatically and all you have to do is to steer it.

I am not mad at it being a mobile game. Genki is still rebuilding their studio, and y'all expect them to hit the console market already?!

The more you go against their harmless decisions, the less they are motivated and financially stable to make a Shutokou Battle console successor.

This could fund Genki Racing Project's next title. A lot of people are taking this for granted, but they're back, and quite possibly, back for good, since Japan is huge on mobile gaming. It could be a hit

So essentially, it's like GRP's Cayenne?

I have no qualms with this.

So is this thread going to stay alive until they make a console game or is it concluded now?
It will stay alive for as long as it stays relevant for the matter.

And it's still pretty damn relevant.

That or as long as the OP/Mods/GTP as a whole decides to.

Still pissed Sony took away backwards compatibility. Playing ps2 games in 1080 was great
I was hoping PS4 Pro was gonna have disc backwards compatibility with ps2 and ps3 games, but that went down the *******.

This could fund Genki Racing Project's next title. A lot of people are taking this for granted, but they're back, and quite possibly, back for good, since Japan is huge on mobile gaming. It could be a hit
This is precisely what I'm hoping for now that they've announced a mobile game. I can barely say the last part of that sentence with a straigth face though. I just hope whenever that happens, they get the physics right.

I just realized something, do you think that Genki naming the game Shutokou Battle Xtreme might be them acknowledging that their games were released in the West as Tokyo Xtreme Racer?

I'm disappointed, like seriously. It's not all bad I understand the situation and how things are with the costs of making a console game and I think we all got a bit carried away, I'll still play this new game.

The hardest part is going to be seeing all the new features and vehicles they're introducing and the potential a console game would of had. ALSO!!! It looks as if there's Hondas in the game

Why does the NA version of Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 have bad ska music in it? Its also kinda funny when it flashes "CONCLUDE" at the end of a race.

Famitsu nicely predicted the game would be mobile release. It was quite obvious though, and probably the best thing Genki could do. I presume they are going to charge players for cars, tracks or tuning parts. Free game it may be, but they have to earn money somewhere.

And mobile driving game is not necessarily bad. Just look at Real Racing series. Though they do have larger budget (EA supervision, I think), Genki is known for making decent games with lower budget.

So they have hit 10,000 likes/pre-orders/whatever across all social platforms and everybody's getting the Alto.

Famitsu nicely predicted the game would be mobile release. It was quite obvious though, and probably the best thing Genki could do. I presume they are going to charge players for cars, tracks or tuning parts. Free game it may be, but they have to earn money somewhere.

And mobile driving game is not necessarily bad. Just look at Real Racing series. Though they do have larger budget (EA supervision, I think), Genki is known for making decent games with lower budget.

Yeah but when you have a full racing rig setup for ps4 with the g29, you could imagine how awesome a shutokou game would've been with that hardware to use. Just epic, I knew it was to good to be true. All we can hope for is the game generates enough for a console release. But when and if is another story. Ohh well, back to other racing games that give a release date and then consistently move them back, hint hint GT sport. I also would love a new initial d game based on the story and not an arcade ported version that would be awesome.

Given how popular handheld gaming is in Japan, I'm surprised to see the confusion. Some of you guys built yourself up so high, and now you're turning around and damning them :lol: Good on them for coming back, this could very well be groundwork for their future. This is a much smarter move as they likely would have a bigger audience this way, rather than going for consoles.

Games like the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series are much more fun to play with a controller than a wheel and pedal setup, imo.

Given how popular handheld gaming is in Japan, I'm surprised to see the confusion. Some of you guys built yourself up so high, and now you're turning around and damning them :lol: Good on them for coming back, this could very well be groundwork for their future. This is a much smarter move as they likely would have a bigger audience this way, rather than going for consoles.

That is true to an extent but for that to fully work, it has to be available in app stores world wide and not just Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back