Genki is considering the development for new Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)

• Thread starter MJ6feet6
  • 908 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Japan
Japan
nb3254
* Although confirmed the rules for posting in the forums, I will apologize if if this also for such hits the ad.

Do you remember the "Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokou Battle)"?

The "Import Tuner Challenge (Shutokou Battle X)" was released in the Xbox 360 last series is lost, it's made in Japan racing game.
Genki Co., Ltd., which has created these series, and closed was racing game development department "GRP (Genki Racing Project)", the historic series also appeared on whether extinct.
However, it may be lit is the green light to the revival of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer.
Genki has issued such a statement in the company's official twitter account.

https://twitter.com/Genki_official/status/590342085904969728

English translation: If you want to put out a new work "Shutokou Battle" in Co. Genki, please Retweet this!
Opinions and requests to the new "Shutokou Battle" We also look forward to!
(If a number of retweets gather, it becomes the green light to the development!)

Now racing games development costs soaring, it's high hurdle for small companies such as Genki.
However, Genki understands that it is the work that this work is representative of the company, also knows that if the voice of fans gather "it" becomes the green light to the new development.
(Although there is a unique story, in Japan's about began to collaboration planning of the this year, professional soccer league and Tokyo Xtreme Racer of the Japan)

I am not a separate company officials.
However, I just like the Tokyo Xtreme Racer.

I earlier, there is a thread of the "Tokyo Xtreme Racer" in this GT Planet, where views of the new hot debate know that it had been done.
It may be rude to ask, but want to borrow the power of people of the GT Planet.
It is not want to ask that separate complex.
Genki was posted on the official twitter account, sign the activities overlooking the simply by new production to Retweet tweets for questionnaire is completed.

Long, and thanks to that it was me reading my poor English using translation software.
Also, want to have a lot of signing any one person.
If So if you wish the new of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer, I want you to tell this signature activities to your friend.

Great news, already this generation is showing wonderful variety in new and returning franchises.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero is my favorite. Awesome news :D

>Everyone who posted in this thread
Everyone, cooperation to this signature, and thank you for your support!
I also Tokyo Xtreme Racer a love, I want is released new!

I know that the popularity of this series is not just for Japan in Youtube.
So, it has been reported that "the user often wants a new also abroad" to twitter account of the Genki, Genki personnel English not good unfortunately, it was found that not be expected announcement of the overseas.
Although Genki personnel was disappointing that not convey the news overseas,
A project such as this dream is a reality, and I wanted people to know as many people, I made this thread.
I also English not good, but everyone's post also read while relying on the translation function, and I am delighted that fans of the this series there are many.

PS: Genki are looking opinion about the new of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer in twitter.
If reply to tweet for signature affixed to this thread, Genki is passed through the eye to the post, increase the likelihood of the new production.
If possible, I want to convey a message to your hot Tokyo Xtreme Racer to Genki.

>Everyone who posted in this thread
Everyone, cooperation to this signature, and thank you for your support!
You're welcome:tup: First thread like this I've seen on GTPlanet, so I had to check it out.

> To everyone willing to post to this thread: Thank you very much. Retweet to Genki tweets but unfortunately movement has become dull, I believe the fans of Genki and Tokyo Xtreme Racer.👍

Well, posts and addressed to Genki in twitter, (although I use the Web translations) some of the opinion Genki personnel I want to introduce in English.

- Genki is a team that indispensable to the "Rolling Guy" the Tokyo Xtreme Racer, have thought that they can not be considered to appear in the car other than the AE86.

- Tokyo Xtreme Racer from was released in Dreamcast "Tokyo Xtreme Racer" to "Import Tuner Challenge", was followed by a long story. Along with this, the number of rival teams and has increased, the new Tokyo Xtreme Racer, it may be necessary to organize their relationships.

- Once it was scheduled to be released for the Nintendo DS "Kaido Racing Battle (Japanese title)" has become the development discontinuation.

- Japan users Tokyo Xtreme Racer as a app for smartphones do not want. Genki personnel seems to have wanted to know why.

Many other needs and opinions, and there are answers Genki personnel for it.
And, I think if I can be a range, to try to ask a question to Genki personnel to translate the posted comments on this thread in Japanese.
I do not know and Web translation service Whether my reportedly the so translated, correct meaning of using the clumsy English, people say it even say I want you to come post in this thread.:)

Hmmm. Interesting, I wish there was a better way I could communicate with them. Twitter isn't that great of a platform and I haven't gotten any responses to the emails I've sent to the company the past month. Of course, the biggest problem is the language barrier which is unfortunate. Being that I just love the series I've always dreamt and drawn up ideas on how a next iteration would be. Man I wish I could get my ideas to them.

One of my favourite games on the Dreamcast, and loved it on the PS2. I was a bit disappointed by the loss of Honda in the franchise on the Xbox 360, so i'd like to see Honda return as well as some Euro and American cars, (they had a few on the PS2 version). I was very disappointed that i couldn't play the PS3 version (region specific i think), so that's another thing i'd like to see changed.

One of my favourite games on the Dreamcast, and loved it on the PS2. I was a bit disappointed by the loss of Honda in the franchise on the Xbox 360, so i'd like to see Honda return as well as some Euro and American cars, (they had a few on the PS2 version). I was very disappointed that i couldn't play the PS3 version (region specific i think), so that's another thing i'd like to see changed.

Honda want me too.
However, Need For Speed, etc. Again, Honda is showing a frosty reaction to works of Genki.
It may be famous story also abroad, in the past Japan, Street Racer, which was called "Kanjo-Zoku" becomes a social problem, the reason that the parts in their Honda Civic had been used, the relevant Honda police there was a case that was raided in a company "Mugen".
Since then, Honda did not give the principle license to work reminiscent of street racing.
(Forza Horizon and R Tuned is public road is a stage, but also a vehicle that does not participate in the race there, and made it possible to recorded in that it claims not to be a street racing)

In addition, this also but some of the disappointing news, but once Genki has released the work for the PS2 called "Racing Battle C1 Grand Prix".
However, with the Skyline R34 of Super GT specification in this work, relationship with Nissan that it was recorded vehicle of which the motif the 350Z of Super GT specification is worse,
"That is to appear the custom car of Nissan car in the works of Genki is not allowed" it is to have been said to the.
In fact, Import Tuner Challenge at Nissan car based custom car do not also appeared single,
When Genki conference landscape photos is up with twitter is, as notes of their meeting "Nissan car is prohibited" and was written with.

By the way, in "Wangan Midnight" which was released in Playstation 3, "Speed King", "Rolling Guy," "White Charisma" "Melancholy Angel" and the like of Tokyo Xtreme Racer rival appeared as Easter Egg from Genki, meet it becomes possible to use by.

VXR
If it could have some Euro cars like the one on Dreamcast, then they could be a Euro crew in the game.

Since the demand of the recorded vehicle type is greater in Japan,
Genki is "but read them needs, for either surely be recording can not guarantee" is a warning and.
However, European car of recording is still a good idea that does not come out from the Japanese users.
If possible, if there is a specific manufacturer name or model, I easily tell more Genki.

Hmmm. Interesting, I wish there was a better way I could communicate with them. Twitter isn't that great of a platform and I haven't gotten any responses to the emails I've sent to the company the past month. Of course, the biggest problem is the language barrier which is unfortunate. Being that I just love the series I've always dreamt and drawn up ideas on how a next iteration would be. Man I wish I could get my ideas to them.

Twitter's certainly still incomplete tool. It is difficult to convey the specific requirements within 140 characters in Japanese.
However, many companies are read properly mail requests from (unfortunately) user, also a situation of almost no chance to reply.
In addition, English and Japanese problem is also very large.

The to all the fans are not necessarily also are using Twitter, but he spirited I should Kurere prepared an easy-tell these requests a web page ...:(

Honda want me too.
However, Need For Speed, etc. Again, Honda is showing a frosty reaction to works of Genki.
It may be famous story also abroad, in the past Japan, Street Racer, which was called "Kanjo-Zoku" becomes a social problem, the reason that the parts in their Honda Civic had been used, the relevant Honda police there was a case that was raided in a company "Mugen".
Oh, that explains that then. I was unaware that Honda/Mugen wanted to disassociate with the street racing, so yes that explains it. Real shame though.

With regards to the use of the Nissan.. Couldn't Genki just replace the car badges? On the version i had on Dreamcast, none of the cars were licensed, i remember recognising the cars but they were called different names, with some clever use of chassis code numbers to differentiate between similar models.

[EDIT]

European car of recording is still a good idea that does not come out from the Japanese users.
If possible, if there is a specific manufacturer name or model, I easily tell more Genki.
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to see BMW, RUF, Mercedes, Peugeot, Renault, Lotus, Lamborghini, Dodge (American), Jaguar and Ford. To name but a few.

Last edited:
Oh, that explains that then. I was unaware that Honda/Mugen wanted to disassociate with the street racing, so yes that explains it. Real shame though.

With regards to the use of the Nissan.. Couldn't Genki just replace the car badges? On the version i had on Dreamcast, none of the cars were licensed, i remember recognising the cars but they were called different names, with some clever use of chassis code numbers to differentiate between similar models.

[EDIT]

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to see BMW, RUF, Mercedes, Peugeot, Renault, Lotus, Lamborghini, Dodge (American), Jaguar and Ford. To name but a few.

Certainly, Genki had made to appear the previous various car in the game in that way as "fictional car".
The most new cases, Street Supremacy it would be appeared in (Tokyo Xtreme Racer of PSP version) "Nightmare" Honda · NSX.

However, times have changed. Already with this method is unreasonable Genki has been speaking with twitter. What a shame.

For models: Thank you!
I think I want to tell as "demand from overseas forum" these needs note, with twitter to Genki where several number gathered.
Dodge want me too. "Thunder Dragoon" is impressive, but the team that is composed only of Dodge Viper!

Certainly, For models: Thank you!
I think I want to tell as "demand from overseas forum" these needs note, with twitter to Genki where several number gathered.
Dodge want me too. "Thunder Dragoon" is impressive, but the team that is composed only of Dodge Viper!
👍

I remember 'Thunder Dragoon' from the PS2 version, it was a refreshing sight realising the game had Vipers.

I think a few more British manufacturers that would be pretty cool, would be Morgan, TVR and (quite obscure) Marcos.
Would also like to see Alfa Romeo, and maybe Venturi.

hey there people. i just wanted to say i logged in just for this discussion that i would like to participate. the first shutokou battle i played was Street supremacy, but then i was starting to being more addicted to this series...that was the moment when i decided to download a ps2 emulator just to play TXR0 and TXRD2.

(back to the things that i want)

since TXR3, zero isnt the all-mighty "burakkubado" from wangan midnight, so the first thing i wanna say is: revive ZERO and UNKNOWN with the respective cars they deserve. also, they need to put some Wangan Midnight characters (specifically the arc heros) in a team called "heroes of the highway" and their main leader could be Koichi Kijima with the FC or Kuroki Takayuki with his r33. some good things like cockpit cameras, engine swaps, and the 3 prefectures like in TXR3 need to be in there, probably not the cockpit camera, but a good focus on physics and car and track graphics (not too realistic, not too minecraft). there can be some good european and old-school 60s rides such as the Jaguar type-e with the v12, a Aston martin db5 and a 80s Ferrari like a TR. i will get some new ideas and suggest to put it in the suggestion letter with you guys ;)

TXRday1.jpg

> Everyone told me to post to the thread.
Thank you always! Really looking forward to that View Post notification to the thread from GTPlanet, I'm thrilled!

Well, because I still do not fully understand how to use this type of thread, can not be well quote posted.
So, it is not a reply in the form using the quote, I think I try to introduce some of the elements to post addressed to Genki today.

1, than Nessy and jackknife said: it demands regarding models. Since about basically the car name and manufacturers was something seen of me, and I just was changed to notation that is used in Japan.
(Only, "80s Ferrari like a TR" was to be changed to a specific car names imagine relatively as it easy in Japan called "512TR" or "Testarossa")

2, jackknife Mr. than, demand of as an element of the game: Because here also was something relatively easy to understand, almost as it is, I, if I thought that was translated into concise easy to understand Japanese.
(To be modified after this post because I had forgotten to write regarding UNKNOWN and ZERO)

Compared to the number of characters in it were asked to post English, I might look to Genki screen shot is short sentence as a sentence of demand for that stuck, but it can only be this much simplified and in Japanese, everyone is I want with confidence because not omitted intentionally the sentence that was me posting much trouble.

I do the post against them in the form of a tweet to Genki from together to some extent, also because Genki personnel also are not always necessarily have confirmed only twitter, there is a possibility that the reply does not come late, or back I want in mind just in case that.
Also, today, tomorrow Upon Saturday and Sunday in Japan's holiday in a typical enterprise.
In addition, because in Japan, where there is a large holiday is May started called "Golden Week", would not be expected reply of the period from them.
But, I will check this thread, neatly tell them the intention.

It should be noted, tweets as these Japanese translation is, I do here of twitter account that I have made for the Japanese translation post.
https://twitter.com/BRF_ST205_GT4
Since it to other purposes not basically use, it also want you to peace of mind.

I might look into this new TXR game if it's made and released on PS4. With my growing interest heading back to arcade racers, this could be a fresh entry to get into.

I don't really care if hot import tuner challenge *the last TXR game that was released only on Xbox 360* was not great. For most of the Tokyo Xtreme Racer games they released, they were mostly good. Especially Drift 2 which was a masterpiece. I did find Drift 2 a bit grindy when first starting the game in conquest mode but since that's like only the start of the game, you got to realize that.

Probably tomorrow or maybe tonight, I'm going to let my dad go ahead and hook up my PS2 to my desk with my PS4 which the desk was originally used for homework and art projects so I could continue playing Drift 2 which the conquest mode has been going on for like an eternity for me.

To flesh out the idea, I'd say any rolling crew into euro cars would want them to be higher end premium cars such as Mercedes C63 AMG, E92 M3 and Audi RS5, with lower members being in Golfs, Opel, Renault or Alfas. Maybe some old school euro too.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Been dreaming about another txr game! I enjoyed imports tuner even thought it wasn't the best in the series. Here is an idea what about a hd release of txr3 or drift 2? Just to hold us over till the new game. We sadly didn't get Txr 3 in Europe so never got the chance to play it :(

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Been dreaming about another txr game! I enjoyed imports tuner even thought it wasn't the best in the series. Here is an idea what about a hd release of txr3 or drift 2? Just to hold us over till the new game. We sadly didn't get Txr 3 in Europe so never got the chance to play it :(

I imported an American PS2 just to play it i'm that big a fanboy of the series :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back