Genshin ImpactPS4 

So uh, I got some hilarious “luck” from the new banners.
First off, this happened literally on the first 10-roll for Hu Tao’s banner. Got Thoma on the second 10-roll so I achieved what I wanted there.
1FC6D674-C25A-4C9D-AB6D-93F66E3385C7.png

Turns out I got her at 22, which to date is the lowest pity count I’ve had on Character banner since Klee on the first run (7).

Decided afterwards to go to pity on weapon, and ended up winning bigly with multiple sac swords and the Homie came home a second time.
1B82DEB7-1749-4620-8873-6F22CA81E45D.png

I’ve gotten two Staves of Homie in like 120 rolls or so, which is hilarious if you saw what happened with Tectone on the first Homie banner ($2000 spent trying to get R5 Homa and only got one).

Last edited:
So uh, I got some hilarious “luck” from the new banners.
First off, this happened literally on the first 10-roll for Hu Tao’s banner. Got Thoma on the second 10-roll so I achieved what I wanted there.
View attachment 1091551
Turns out I got her at 22, which to date is the lowest pity count I’ve had on Character banner since Klee on the first run (7).

Decided afterwards to go to pity on weapon, and ended up winning bigly with multiple sac swords and the Homie came home a second time.
View attachment 1091552
I’ve gotten two Staves of Homie in like 120 rolls or so, which is hilarious if you saw what happened with Tectone on the first Homie banner ($2000 spent trying to get R5 Homa and only got one).
Do not question the Genshin Wish god!!!

A friend of mine on another forum did his first run on Moment of Bloom this afternoon and he pulled the following:

unknown.png

I got to say this makes my 'luck' of late seem incredibly bad after seeing your post and hearing you got Thoma on 2nd try!

Things went so well up to Kokomi and now it's like nah bro, no 'good stuff/characters' for you!

Guess I might bite the bullet and make an investment in some 'Crystals', if no joy after tonight's stream I think that's how it will go and hopefully change my luck!

Last edited:
Yeah but keep in mind, Yoimiya’s banner did no good for me, because I lost 3 50/50s in a row. It’s like the luck of accounts is a roller coaster. Sometimes it’s like what the hell is this, other times it’s like oh wow that’s amazing.

Yeah but keep in mind, Yoimiya’s banner did no good for me, because I lost 3 50/50s in a row. It’s like the luck of accounts is a roller coaster. Sometimes it’s like what the hell is this, other times it’s like oh wow that’s amazing.
Yeah I know!

Yoimiya's banner is still full of hurt for me since I wanted her so bad and failed!

To explain what I mean the banner before was Ayaka and I had 100% guarantee for her thanks to my previous 5 star pull being Keqing so it was always gonna be 50/50 on Yoimiya and so that 50/50 went in Jean's favour....

Then I didn't pull on the Raiden Shogun as I thought it's 50/50 time so I'll wait and 'hopefully' get Kokomi which I did and since then I have only pulled 25 wishes on Childe's banner with no 5 star yet, of course this means I am 100% guaranteed the feature character but I already have Hu-Tao so I don't need to pull for her.

It puts me in an interesting situation because I know I have the guarantee but I want to 'hold out' and either get Albedo or Ganyu who are both some time away!

The experience feels strange because it's the first time I've never had the 'need' to pull on the featured wish character banner...

Last edited:
Got her near hard pity, but managed another Hu Tao for C1. Now farming more artifacts for Sucrose and Hu Tao. My plan right now for my next squad, when my current characters hit friendship 10, is Xinyan, Sucrose, then Hu Tao.
C1HuTao.png

Got her near hard pity, but managed another Hu Tao for C1. Now farming more artifacts for Sucrose and Hu Tao. My plan right now for my next squad, when my current characters hit friendship 10, is Xinyan, Sucrose, then Hu Tao.
View attachment 1091893
Noice!

My 'artefact farm' is starting to draw to a close, I finally got Kokomi's items so she is now mega 'regen' mode and I got Eula's goblet but am probably gonna 'swap' her out for Ayaka as during the Kokomi farm I got all the 'bits' for Ayaka and she does way more damage than Eula so...

If I complete Yanfei today then I might swap her over for my complete Amber so that friendship levels are all WiP!

EDIT: Tonight will be the night for 'spamming' wishes. I noticed that Sara is on the Hu-Tao Banner, Weapon Banner and the standard wish right now and since she is four star I guess I have 3 chances per wish to 'pull' her constellation so if I can win her 6 times then she will be 'ultimate' character.

Yanfei also appears to be on every banner so I figure this is a 'win win' time to buy some crystals as I will either max out both of their constellations or get at least one complete character.

Last edited:
Since 'work' is quiet I had time to get the codes from the stream...

Genshin Impact 2.3 redeem codes

Players are advised to redeem these as soon as possible since they are active till 12th November 2021 at 11:00 pm (UTC-5). Here is the list of the latest redeem codes available:

• KB6DKDNM7H49 - x100 Primogems and x10 Mystic Enhancement Ores
  • BSNDJC747Z7D - x100 Primogems and x5 Hero’s Wit
  • AS7CJDP4NG7H - x100 Primogems and x50,000 Hero’s Wit

Extra Redeem Codes

• GENSHINGIFT – x50 Primogems and x3 Hero’s Wit
  • BSPD3ZRXU985 - x60 Primogems and x10,000 Mora
Remember to grab em quick!

Well it's a WELP for me, Albedo is coming back and Eula in the wish banners (not Ganyu as we hoped) so looks like this is my time to max out her constellations since she is my 'ultimate gal' at the moment with swords...

Last edited:
Hope you all managed to pull the codes from Friday's stream before expiry!

Taking a 'break' from the artefact dungeons this week as I feel my progress is sufficient at the moment so am working on my 'talent' book stocks this week but if all goes to plan I should be able to level four characters up to Talent Level 8 before 2.3 drops on Wednesday so then at least the 'farm' will reduce a bit for awhile.

Here's how my current roster looks, artefacts are not perfect as such but I am holding well in combat, I think I might even be ready for trying the higher levels of the Spiral Abyss but will try to finish off the Traveller and Noelle before then.

A genuine question today before update 2.3 drops but have any of you noticed or think that MiHoYo changed the respawn/number of crystal chunks along the farming routes.

I very 'rarely' find any Crystal Chunks in Storm Terrors lair now along the known farming route and the same in Qingce Village.

Maybe i'm just remebering wrong but I am sure there used to be at least one 'rock' full of Crystal Chunks in both locations...

Currently on a 'long' grind' trying to get Elegy for the End up to Lvl 90 but at this respawn rate every 72 hours it's gonna take me 4-5 weeks to get the required ore 'farmed'!

We got ourselves a Liyue update for 2.4. This time featuring two characters from that early datamine of the game.

First up is Yun Jin, a famous stage performer that owns the Yun-Han Opera Triupe.

C2580401-74A4-4D2C-ACDC-DB49C48BAD89.jpeg

Next up is Shenhe, who for a while people speculated was Cloud Retainer in a human form. Turns out she was taken in by Cloud Retainer as a disciple.

D7C780F2-6124-44B1-A177-40CDF3B80172.jpeg

Now currently there are rumors of a new area being added in V2.4, many linked to the Chasm, an area that was closed off by Liyue’s higher ups for unknown reasons.

There is now just one single character remaining from the datamine we have yet to see in game, Yaoyao, a Dendro user, who I suspect we will see when Sumeru releases.

Well, Barbara is the only Waifu that’s not at level 80. Slowly working on fixing that. Just need to fight the Oceanid a bunch of times. But I’m out of Mora and Hero Witts sadly

5FE71609-37CC-482E-8BBA-4C39314CB262.jpeg

We got ourselves a Liyue update for 2.4. This time featuring two characters from that early datamine of the game.

First up is Yun Jin, a famous stage performer that owns the Yun-Han Opera Triupe.

View attachment 1095449

Next up is Shenhe, who for a while people speculated was Cloud Retainer in a human form. Turns out she was taken in by Cloud Retainer as a disciple.

View attachment 1095450

Now currently there are rumors of a new area being added in V2.4, many linked to the Chasm, an area that was closed off by Liyue’s higher ups for unknown reasons.

There is now just one single character remaining from the datamine we have yet to see in game, Yaoyao, a Dendro user, who I suspect we will see when Sumeru releases.
Well dang. Eternal wait for Yae Miko continues.

I'm hoping my interest in these two picks up but I just don't feel I want them but I said the same about Eula and then her teaser last year won me over.

Well, Barbara is the only Waifu that’s not at level 80. Slowly working on fixing that. Just need to fight the Oceanid a bunch of times. But I’m out of Mora and Hero Witts sadly

View attachment 1095615
Now I feel weak with only 8 characters at Level 80 but congrats.

Maybe one day I will finish them all...

what's the best strategy for the oceanid? its the only boss that i hate fighting,it has stopped me from leveling my mona
My own personal tactics for Oceanoid is to use an Electro/Fire combination so because of the birds I tend to find my approach is as follows:

Start the battle and if ground based enemies I will normally attack them with Xinyan or any other ground character and switching to Kokomi/Noelle if I need a burst of health recovery then once those enemies are defeated if the birds appear I will switch to Fischl and activate 'Oz' as his attack really wrecks the flying birds quite quickly if you have the talents up.

The traveller also works quite well here in Anemo/Electro form, since I was looking for something to do this morning between classes I'll go do a run and upload the video and add it here so you can see it visually.

EDIT: Here's the video of the run I just did...

Last edited:
Just logged onto the update for the first time.

Only thing checked so far but Thoma is a 4 star character in the weapon and character banners (not rate up) so if you missed him on rate up like myself still a chance to obtain!

I suspect that means he's also on the Wanderlust Invocation banner but as to permeance I don't know since that changes each update but the last couple of 4 stars are there too so...

The weapon banner is my ultimate 'nightmare' this time...so many needed 5 star weapons albeit not on rate up like Eula's sword, I really 'pray' that if I don't get her sword on the first 5 star I get either Lost Prayers, Skyward Harp or Skyward Blade...

Weapon Banner - 2.3 Update.jpg
Character 2.3.jpg

Prayers internally for the desired outcomes during the next 3 weeks!

Last edited:
Ok! Thanks for confirming.

Well the artefact grind began. 3 out of 5 for both new sets so my Albedo plan is beginning.

Did a 10 pull five star given was Mona so that means next will be the featured character so given the artefacts I got plus Albedo new sword no brainer to NOT go for him.

New unmentioned idle animations for Sara and Yanfei not noticed any others but Eula no longer speaks when idle so not sure if bug or intended....

Saw something happen on the water, when I was focusing in on my daily. Saved a replay of it, and found out the crane died when landing on water. Got two fowl out of it.
Your sacrifice shall not be in vain.

Saw something happen on the water, when I was focusing in on my daily. Saved a replay of it, and found out the crane died when landing on water. Got two fowl out of it.
Your sacrifice shall not be in vain.

Ah yes, the hilarious drown mechanic. Every time an attackable “land” NPC touches water that is deep enough, they will automatically drown and spawn whatever items they usually drop.

Did a 10-roll on the Eula banner hoping for C6 Bennett and ended up with C45 Noelle… oh well, with Yun Jin a confirmed geo user, saving and investment points to Xiao now, because I need an Anemo DPS to compliment my C4 Jean (40% Anemo RES decrease when using burst).

Last edited:
Ah yes, the hilarious drown mechanic. Every time an attackable “land” NPC touches water that is deep enough, they will automatically drown and spawn whatever items they usually drop.

Did a 10-roll on the Eula banner hoping for C6 Bennett and ended up with C45 Noelle… oh well, with Yun Jin a confirmed geo user, saving and investment points to Xiao now, because I need an Anemo DPS to compliment my C4 Jean (40% Anemo RES decrease when using burst).
I do like that mechanic I have to say, can never remember the location name but it's the cave in Liyue with White Ore/Crystal/Magic Chunks and a Shrine of Depths guarded by an Abyss Mage.

Whenever I wreck his shield he's always over the middle of the water so 'instant' drown. :lol: :lol:

I have not started the new event yet as got to complete Albedo's story quest before it will allow me to proceed so I am going to do that today.

The new dungeon has been 'most' generous. :lol: 4 pieces of 5 for the new sets with the right 'stats' so both Kokomi and Noelle almost complete to compare new sets against their old. I did test the new 'damage' mechanic with Barbara and now I feel I want to use her (she's been C6) for awhile but needs talents so I'm going to have to grind her books but I think the plan is she'll keep the new Oceanoid set and Kokomi will use Heart of Depth still.

Unless of course the game continues it's generous delivery of the new gear that I need, now today i'll see nothing but plumes or wrong stats....:cheers:

UPDATE: OK I just finished my grind and it actually gave useful stuff. I now have 3 pieces for Noelle (Husk of Opulent Dreams) and 4 pieces of Ocean-Hued Clam so my already broken Kokomi is even more broken as that damage effect of the 4 piece set is almost one shot everything.

Gonna do 2 more days grinding to try and get the last pieces but then I think my account is good for a while to not need to grind dungeons except for talent books as need to finish Barbara at some point.

Last edited:
So tonight I just reached friendship level 10 on Xinyan, Sucrose, and Kokomi. Sadly I won’t be able to try out those new artifacts for Kokomi, as she is sidelined now. Still need better ones for Noelle.
F67B8E16-607F-4035-867B-7409EDFFDC8A.png

087E485A-C953-4452-B9A5-5102F5F15B8F.png

CAF07FBF-38F9-4678-B7D1-F6DC6CC65941.png

Now this is the next group to get to friendship level 10. Aloy just hit 9, and when she hits 10. I'll probably put Xiangling in.
ED3EFEE5-CE02-4554-8500-14ED21683AE5.jpeg

Last edited:
So tonight I just reached friendship level 10 on Xinyan, Sucrose, and Kokomi. Sadly I won’t be able to try out those new artifacts for Kokomi, as she is sidelined now. Still need better ones for Noelle.

Now this is the next group to get to friendship level 10. Aloy just hit 9, and when she hits 10. I'll probably put Xiangling in.
Very nice work!

I already 'lucked' out of the new dungeon and got a 'perfect' defence set, Sands, Goblet and Circlet for Husk of Opulent Dreams.

Currently I've put it on Noelle but I'll move it to Albedo when I pull him (last 5 star was Mona so should be guarantee this time) but I'll have to farm a Geo Goblet.

I was going to wait a bit before working on new characters since I am outta money in game right now but my next projects/friendships will be Sucrose, Bennett, Ayaka and Kaeya so that will mean I have 13 out of 30 characters fully levelled.

After that if Xiao and Ganyu come along in 2.4 as predicted then next party will be Albedo, Xiiao, Ganyu and TBC.

Lot of talent books needed though so I guess I'll be farming a lot of those in the coming days!

Last edited:
Well a quick update on a few things you all probably know with the update already but thought I would post here for completion/search purposes since these were not 'documented' by MiHoYo, I know fans have covered them and the are briefly mentioned on patch notes but here's the full run down.

New Idle animations for Yanfei, Sara and Sayu. (Yanfei best in my opinion!)

Ability to LOCK an item when in a dungeon by pressing L3, you can also now view 'sub stats' too, handy for if you find a 'good item'.

Thoma had his dangle updated to disappear at the correct time in his idle animation.

Stardust Exchange can now be accessed from the Inventory menu if you want to purchase a specific item from the shop if you click on Stardust Exchange.

If like me you do the 'Reliquary' for artefacts you can see the 'attributes' when you press R3 to view the item on the results screen like with dungeons.

Furnishings - If you 'broke up' a set previously you can now retrieve it using the menu providing that item is not being used in another 'set'.

The most useful of all though is that if a co-op game is in play and someone 'leaves' your team will get a character from the original party added so this can be useful in boss fights/dungeons etc.

Think that about covers it.

In regard to my own game I just did the purchase from Genesis Crystals and a Blessing of the Welkin Moon.

Since I have my 'guarantee' on Albedo I am going to work towards Song of Broken Pines 1st since that wish is more random, hopefully 50/50 gives me the right sword but if not then I will get it on the second try as I should have enough Primogems from the events and the welkin moon to get a second run.

If after that I have time to go for Albedo so be it but not 'too' fussed if I don't get him.

Hopefully the game plays 'along' and I don't need to run a 2nd weapon wish and can get Albedo easily, we will find out later toninght in my stream...

UPDATE: 19:22

Umm how do I put this, my plan of having to do 'multiple' runs never happened.

I went and pulled a run on Epitome Invocation having only done 10 wishes on it since my last five star Elegy for the End.

On the 6th wish of the run I got Song of Broken Pines. Same wish also gave me Dragon's Bane (4 Star) and Wine and Song (4 Star) both of which are new weapons.

Then I thought well I have to try and get Eula's goblet now so I went to the dungeon and I didn't get a Physical Damage goblet but it did give me a Cryo one which also seems to do good damage so I am gonna stick with that.

Now to gather the final materials (ore) to level up her five star weapon, a pretty unbelievable outcome and now I have spare wishes to try for Albedo...

Last edited:
Well i just did my first 'stream' of actually going into Spiral Abyss since I had only done a handful of floors to date.

This is the live stream of it...

Floor 10, Round 2 was where I decided to pause due to my internet provider doing random updates to my router at the hours of midnight this past week...

I might try to finish off Floors 9 and 10 but think I will need to finish 'ascension' to Level 90 for both groups before I am fully ready for Floors 11 and 12. I have the materials I just got to 'grind' the bosses but as I am still missing 'two' artefacts for my teams I am still working on that first and getting the second group talents up to 8.

That's the plan anyway as idea is that when next 'update' 2.4 drops I should have everything maxed for those two groups and then I will see how things fair on a full 'moon' run.

Well I finally hit AR58. Decided to record what I get from the wish from claiming the rewards. Also Aloy hit friendship 10, so now she is sidelined, so I can finally work on Xiangling. Noelle and Hu Tao are almost to level 10, so Lisa and Ninggaung will be taking their spots. I then run into a problem because Beidou is the 4th member, so I don't have a healer. So I'll probably wait on either Ningguang or Lisa, and put Kokomi instead, while also working on her new artifact set. Got some promising ones, but I need to level them up after I level up Ningguang's artifacts.

Last edited:
Well I finally hit AR58. Decided to record what I get from the wish from claiming the rewards. Also Aloy hit friendship 10, so now she is sidelined, so I can finally work on Xiangling. Noelle and Hu Tao are almost to level 10, so Lisa and Ninggaung will be taking their spots. I then run into a problem because Beidou is the 4th member, so I don't have a healer. So I'll probably wait on either Ningguang or Lisa, and put Kokomi instead, while also working on her new artifact set. Got some promising ones, but I need to level them up after I level up Ningguang's artifacts.

Very nice!

I am about to go to AR56 so I am only two levels behind you meaning probably I'll hit AR58 just as you hit AR60. :cheers:

I take it Ninguang popped for you for the 1st time there then? Congrats if so she's a good character to work with in my opinion.

Finally levelled up Ayaka having won her on day 1 of her banner but she sat in 'limbo' status for a long time because I've wanted to build her but didn't have the full materials needed and could not be bothered grinding but now she's 'almost' complete, have to get the materials for Level 70 ascension and finish her talents tonight and she's good to go as I already prepared Missplitter Reforged so it's at Level 70 working towards 80.

Already she is taking out most things with minimal effort.

My new 5 star character since I used up my guarantee on Albedo was QiQi as game finally 'released' her on my main account so once I finish Kokomi's friendship I'll put her in as my healer as I already have a full Ocean Hued Clam set for QiQi and The Flute levelled up.

Plus doing that five star pull now means I got Albedo and Qiqi, can save over Itto's 3 weeks and then when 2.4 drops and we have the chance hopefully at Ganyu I can 'pop' her on Day 1.

She's the one character I am going to buy a megaton of Genesis Crystals for as I want her full constellation done in the 3 weeks, the only other character I plan to do that for is Yoimiya when she's eventually re-run and possibly Yae Miko if the DPS rumours about her prove correct.

You’re going to C6 Ganyu? Damn, may the 50/50s be ever in your favor.

That’s going to be me when Alice finally comes out, hopefully not for a while still so I can have more money saved.

You’re going to C6 Ganyu? Damn, may the 50/50s be ever in your favor.

That’s going to be me when Alice finally comes out, hopefully not for a while still so I can have more money saved.
Thank you!

I indeed hope the lords of 50/50 will be kind, I'm not normally one to fall for video game characters but Ganyu is almost a 'me' in the game as I'm always fretting about schedules and not feeling confident etc so she reminds me very much of myself.

Plus I have some extra money saved up since I had one of my orders for figures cancelled so I figured I might as well use that money towards C6 Ganyu and it is the new year and since the first new wish banner of 2022 is likely to be Ganyu now's the time.

It's all gonna be streamed and I might add some commentary to the stream that time!

Hopefully your time for Alice will also go well with 50/50.

I know I just posted this morning but special congrats from me to MiHoYo for their win at the Game Awards for best mobile game.

Our free 'mogems will be delivered between 11-14 December, 1600 this time so a full wish run! :)

Last edited:
So more 'twists' in the wish banner.

Did a standard wish run with my free 'mogems' because I have everything from the weapon and character wish banners and the game threw me 'Skyward Blade'.

Was already working on building up Bennett since during my 'pulls' for Albedo I got his final constellations so I'm guessing this is the 'best' time to work on his friendship level once I finish his talents etc as with Ganyu and Xiao coming up (both I know get damage boosts) it seems like my party starting 2022 is gonna be Bennett, Xiao, Ganyu and one TBC, if Gorou drops I might stick him in the mix.

A question though, the new boss that we will need to farm for his materials, will we have to complete the story quest first to unlock the boss (like Sara/Raiden Shogun) or is that boss already in game, I haven't checked yet...

Latest Posts

Back