Genshin ImpactPS4 

Had a guaranteed saved up for Ganyu., had most of her talent and ascension materials, as well as a maxed Skyward Harp. Got her with about 70ish pulls.

I thought physical Keqing was good, then I got Yoimiya. Now just when I thought a 5k per normal attack with her skill was good, Ganyu just blew her out of the water. Not even great artifacts or maxed out talents and she's hitting for 23k with each charged shot and AoE damage.

They aren't big numbers, but they're big to me. As sadistic as it sounds, I'm having fun making hilichuls disappear in one shot.

And to add even more fuel to the fire, after getting Ganyu, I only need 232 primogems to have enough for another guaranteed five star. I'm on Cloud Retainer 9 right now.

The 'alternate' outfits for Jean, Amber, Mona and Rosaria have now begun to be issued.

You can obtain them from your 'mailbox' upon login and the mail is valid for 30 days.

I must say that I do actually prefer the new 'look' for Jean, Mona and Amber, the original outfits are still available to players bar the Chinese server region but that's another topic entirely...

Made a quick gif of Paimon from one of the web events. I may be in the minority, but I enjoy Paimon

paimon.gif

Edit: made one without the watermark

Last edited:
Made a quick gif of Paimon from one of the web events. I may be in the minority, but I enjoy Paimon

View attachment 1109113

I am gonna save that one to my phone. That's really good.

One also like's Paimon alot, she has such a cheery personality tis hard not to like her, I really hope the way things are going we have more back story about Paimon and she has a more prominent role in one part of the upcoming story chapters.

A question for the group in general but is it just me or does Floor 11 of the current Abyss corridor seem WAY harder than the Floor 12 enemies (not that I've tried them much)

Knew it would probably happen, at least the path for Kokomi is clear now.
56E92C25-E781-4908-9523-BE6CA439645C.png

Additionally, finally C6’d Bennett. Don’t worry, he was only ever used with Pyro DPS characters anyway.
D7ED9CE4-173C-43D4-A7F8-900E88DC7512.png

Hmm it seems to be the day of Good Fortune on the wish banners.

As per my usual protocol I didn't have a guarantee for Yae Miko, now I do!

20220201175813.jpg

Also finished Lantern Rite so on the above I picked Yanfei again so she's now C4, gotta try and hope I get her last two constellations before the banner's end, really want her to go C6 like Beidou though the banner being the banner I did 5 runs ad I got Beidou 6 times...

Genshin Impact_20220201003704.jpg

It was a clear choice I already had all the other's on max constellations bar Yun Jin but since Yanfei is a favourite lawyer power overruled everything! LOL

Only my 2nd QiQi and I really want Diluc @TetsuKobura all this time and he STILL hasn't popped for me!

On the subject of updates any tips on Spiral Abyss Floor 10-3 and Floor 11-3, I am not able to get 3 stars only 2 stars maximum...

EDIT: Got the 1 for Floor 10-3 just gotta figure out 11-3.

Actually got to floor 12-2 but its clear my talents need more levelling to clear with 3 stars.

Last edited:
So Special Program 2.5 confirmed for Friday 4th Feb 2022 at usual time for your part of the world.

Love the pic this time and looks like Raiden and Yae are the 'special guests' so I guess that pretty much confirms Raiden Shogun rerun banner is happening. This is gonna be an expensive update, I don't think I can 'pass' on Raiden this time round...

Special Program 2.5.jpg

Also a video link to my Sprial Abyss yesterday just in case you have not seen it...

EDIT 2: Well Abyss better be ready for me next time, finally Crit Rate build Yanfei and C6, having her in team and Ganyu with Kokomi healing I think the enemies are starting to run when they see her coming! :)

Last edited:
Oof, have 211 pulls ready, still contemplating getting Zhongli, Yae I might want but her leaked kit doesn't do much for me, and a Raiden would certainly help with electro damage.

So many characters, so little primos!

Zhongli is basically easy mode. It so simple to pop that shield, shred those resistances, and forget all your worries.

Raiden, in my opinion is the best offensive support in the game while Zhongli is the best defensive support. Tough choices.

While Zhongli is a solid choice, be warned that leaks show new enemies will counter shield users worse than the rifthound corruption. Raiden is a much better choice overall however because of the support factor.

Must confess I am a bit worried about these new enemies and the counter sheild effect.

Since I always have at least one shield user in my party I hope it does not make the combat too different. I shall pay attention to that part of the 2.5 livestream carefully tomorrow if mentioned.

Overall I am very excited to see what else is shown event wise.

Livestream Codes - they expire tonight so make sure to redeem them as fast as possible!

• VTPU3CQWYCSD
    • 100x primogem_small.png Primogem
    • 10x icon_mystic_ore.png Mystic Enhancement Ore
  • AB7VJC9EGDAZ
    • 5x icon_heros_wit.png Hero's Wit
  • WT7D3CQEHVBM
    • 50000x mora_small.png Mora

If you want to watch the stream the rest is hidden but summary below...

2.5 Update Details
  • New character: Yae Miko
    • Catalyst
    • 5-Star
    • Electro
  • Banners
    • Phase 1
      • Yae Miko
    • Phase 2
      • Raiden Shogun
      • Sangonomiya Kokomi
  • New weapons
    • Kagura's Verity
      • 5-Star Catalyst
    • Oathsworn Eye
      • 4-Star Catalyst
      • Free Event Reward
  • New Story Quests
    • Imperatrix Umbrosa Act 2
      • Raiden Shogun's Story Quest
      • Must complete Imperatrix Umbrosa Act 1 to access.
    • Divina Vulpes Act 1
      • Yae Miko's Story Quest
      • Must complete Imperatrix Umbrosa Act 2 to access.
  • New Weekly Boss
    • Raiden Shogun(?)
  • New Enemies: Shadowy Husks
    • Standard Bearers
      • Pyro
    • Line Breakers
      • Hydro
    • Defenders
      • Cryo
  • New Events
    • Three Realms Gateway Offering
      • Based in Enkanomiya
      • Involves dispelling Corrosion around Enkanomiya.
      • FREE Catalyst Reward
        • Oathsworn Eye (4-Star)
        • Uses Ointment Of Sight as refinement material
    • Divine Ingenuity
      • Players can make their own domains and share them for other players to complete.
        • To complete a Domain, players must collect all Adventure Coins within the time limit.
        • Players can add traps, buffs, and various mechanisms to spice up the challenges.
        • Domains must be fully tested and complete-able before the player is allowed to publish them.
    • Of Drink A-Dreaming
      • Players will have to be mixing various drinks at Angel's Share.
      • NEW Namecard Reward
    • Hyakunin Ikki
      • Rerun event.
      • Works the same as the last time.
      • Features new Trial Characters and Mystic Arts.
    • Overflowing Mastery
      • 2x Ley Line Blossom and Petrified Tree Rewards.[/spoler]

Last edited:
Well having said I wasn't going to go near the perils of Floor 12 this ended up happening so finally the trophy is mine!

Well I do not know what to say...when your FTP account gets all the 50/50 luck, this is the 4th Banner character I didn't have on that account that I tried one 10 pull and welll...Lucky Miku won the day...

This surely means the great QiQi will upset the FTP party on Wednesday....

Last edited:
Won my 50/50, which is good because I had used up 80 wishes for her. My friend got really lucky, as he got her, at wish 12 from his last 5 star(Shenhe).

Still not sure what artifacts I should use. I'm using Thundersoother right now, and I have Energy Recharge, Electro Damage, and Crit Rate, and the Widsth Catalyst. I may swap out the ER, and maybe put atk% to see what damage she can do.

Will have to do the story quests later in the week, when I have more time.

yaemiko.png

Last edited:
Won my 50/50, which is good because I had used up 80 wishes for her. My friend got really lucky, as he got her, at wish 12 from his last 5 star(Shenhe).

Still not sure what artifacts I should use. I'm using Thundersoother right now, and I have Energy Recharge, Electro Damage, and Crit Rate, and the Widsth Catalyst. I may swap out the ER, and maybe put atk% to see what damage she can do.

Will have to do the story quests later in the week, when I have more time.

View attachment 1114592
Congrats on 50/50 win. I got my Yae but the weapon wish banner was an absolute 'arse'. More so than usual.

I got two Primorial Jade Cutters in 20 pulls and then had to do 70 pulls to get the Kagura's Verity so the genesis crystals I had hoped to use towards constellations went on the weapon.

Having tested her extensively this morning tho I am happy to leave her at C0 as I'm pretty happy with her combat now I am used to her.

My build I went for two Thundering Fury, the rest I have as Shinemawa's Resistance opting for ER, Electro Goblet and Crit Rate for the circlet. I might change it once I see some other builds but this is doing well for now.

Now to try the 50/50 for my FTP account, if I don't win her no biggie!

PS @TetsuKobura Diluc showed up today too! I did my free 10 wishes on the normal banner and he popped so that's all the oriiginal non banner specific 5 star cast acquired on my main...

Last edited:
Genshin Impact 16_02_2022 19_51_37.png

Score one electric fox shrine maiden for my collection. Been saving ultra hard and stacked 81 wishes for her since getting C1 Mona on Eula/Albedo banner. Also added C2 Thoma, C1 Fischl and C5 Xingqiu.

Last edited:
I was going to skip but I pulled her because I think she has the coolest burst animation to date. (And I had a spare C6 Kujou Sara so it seemed perfect.)

Genshin Impact Screenshot 2022.02.16 - 18.58.35.47.png

Also why are people building her with ER? is there something about her kit I'm missing?

Last edited:
View attachment 1114737

Score one electric fox shrine maiden for my collection. Been saving ultra hard and stacked 81 wishes for her since getting C1 Mona on Eula/Albedo banner. Also added C2 Thoma, C1 Fischl and C5 Xingqiu.
Excellent! Lots of Yae Miko today.

I was going to skip but I pulled her because I think she has the coolest burst animation to date. (And I had a spare C6 Kujou Sara so it seemed perfect.)

View attachment 1114796

Also why are people building her with ER? is there something about her kit I'm missing?
For me I feel if there is not another 'battery' aka Fischl and Oz to give ER boost I feel it's the one part of her build that is a bit slower but not so sure now as I switched her to Shinemawa Resistance after getting a good ATK goblet and now she seems stronger.

I looked at one player's set today of that and they had HP Flower, Atk Feather, Atk Sands and Electro/Crit Damage with lots of CR sub stat and that made a very impressive build, of course they were C5 but over 10K damage per shot was not too shabby...

As it happens I got her to C1 today, won the 50/50 attempt so next week I will go again and see if can at least get her C2/C3.

Yes that burst animation is the coolest to date!

Last edited:
So found something i do not think was mentioned but seems they fixed the challenge failed page on Spiral Abyss.

Got these tonight which look more accurate than what it showed before or am i remembering wrong?

17f09cc997038-screenshotUrl.jpg

17f09cc300f31-screenshotUrl.jpg

Weapons i know about that as not finished my 5 star ore grind and i am guessing it wants me to have Level 9 talents.

I will do that one day, it is a very long grind for those purple books but maybe Yae will make that easier with her talent...

Well loving the update so far but I have only one slight 'teensy' critiscism but maybe I'm just too efficient in that I think MiHoYo maybe unlocked all of the Ekinomiya event too early?

I realise not everyone will have full evenings to play through the event like myself but I think I have finished it all within a week (at least I can't find any more stuff when exploring the areas of Ekinomiya and all event objectives are claimed as I see the next event does not start until next week unless one of the other events appears this week.

Maybe would have been better to release the 1st act for the 1st week, then 2nd this week etc.

Guess I will have to play some other games LOL (a rarity for me when it comes to Genshin...)

Last edited:
Sorry more info but I am so happy!

@TetsuKobura remember that 'good luck' you wished me on pulling a C6 Ganyu it came true for Yae Miko.

This was my pulls this morning, one constellation to go I have won Yae Miko 5 times in a row before this pull and I am guessing since Jean 'popped' in the same wish that I have guarantee for the last constellation now since I technically lost 50/50 finally?

If you really want that C6, might as well go for it in that case. If I had a C5 5* mid banner, I might as well get that last one, considering C6 is usually a big game changer.

If you really want that C6, might as well go for it in that case. If I had a C5 5* mid banner, I might as well get that last one, considering C6 is usually a big game changer.
Yeah I am gonna do that, I've done 66 wishes tho on the card I bought and she's not popped yet but I expect that will be on my free ones from the event, I was gonna do an Abyss video showing her in action on Spiral Abyss but stupid me didn't record it properly.

I might save that for the next Abyss in a couple of days since I think she will be strong in that one along.

Well I have a report on my attempts at Spiral Abyss 2.5 and have to say it is definetly a bit 'easier' than the 2.4 version, thankfully it is goodbye to the Hydro Mimics and Thunder Manfiestation! You will NOT be missed! LOL.

My first run I managed to 27/36 stars through the corridors on the 1st day (there's a stream up on the channel of the attempt)

Some 'buggers' in the team compisitions tho so for Floor 11 the emphasis is to bring your 'Electro' and 'Healers' along as you get 60% buff on electro damage and 30% Healing Bonus.

For this floor the enemies are as follows:

11-1 - Abyss Lector (Cryo) and Cyro Abyss Mage whilst the second half is mix of elemental Whopper Flowers and two Vishaps
11-2 - Cyro/Hydro Spectres/Slimes and Cryo Abyss Mage whilst second half is the opposite so Eletro/Pyro Spectres/Slimes/Abyss Mage.
11-3 - Rifthounds and second half is dual Pyro Abyss Herald and Thunder herald.

This was a tricky team composition given I don't have the 'ultimate' character builds but it screamed 'Electro' first half and 'Cryo' second half.

Team 1 - Yanfei, Bennett Noelle and Yae Miko tho I think next try I will see if Beidou works better than Noelle.
Team 2 - Ayaka, Eula, Ganyu and Kokomi.

This worked reasonably well for first two floors (full 9 stars) but I didn't do well in getting rid of the rifthounds quickly so I might have to swap Kokomi and Bennett around.

Floor 12 is supringsly 'calm' this time round, no leyline disorders to deal with but the enemies are super tanky.

12-1 - Rifthounds and on second half Primordial Bathysmal Vishap (hatchlings and tanky ones)
12-2 - Ruin Graders and Golden Wolflord
12-3 - 2 Ruin Machines and the VIshap Pair Boss

This floor you HAVE to take Geo for the second half otherwise you are not going to get anywhere since Golden Wolflord so I went with this

Team 1: Yanfei, Bennett, Ayaka and Eula since Ruin Machines and Ruin Graders = need max damage characters.
Team 2: Yae Miko, Ganyu, Noelle and Yun JIn.

I had to take Yun Jin because I couldn't get to the third of the Golden Wolflords shield pods quick enough with Noelle's burst but Yae is suprisingly effective against him because of her electro Sakura attacks and she can hit the boss whilst in the air so I will have to remember this for the 'normal' boss fights if I ever have to revisit him.

Did not make Floor 3 as only one 'pathetic' star.

Currently finishing my 'ore' grind' for the final ascension of my 5 Star Weapons (Yae, Ganyu and Bennett) so Ganyu is ready to go but then I need 'ore' for the other two so one I'll get Yae's weapon done from buying Gnostic Hymm at the end of the pass (so I get huge ore delivery) the last one I might have to wait until the next update to do but that will finally be 6/6 in use 5 star weapons done to Level 90, that has been a grind for sure!

All in all it's a good update so far, I still have to finish the event on Ekanomiya (thanks real life!) but I made my first domain in the Divine Inginuity event and playerd another players map which was quite good. Have to see if I can post a share link or ID so you can have a look.

I did do the 'deed' and got my C6 Yae Miko (hope not too jealous!) and she is awesome, I am afraid everyone else is 'redudandant' now bar Kokomi for healing, you know you are OP when you can run the game with just 2 characters...

Anyways that was rather lenghy so apologies but wanted to give a full Abyss report, I think with my 5 star weapons now upgraded (at least 3 of the team) I might be able to get 6 stars on Floor 12, anything above 3 will be considered an 'improvement'.

It shows I think I have come a long way since my MOANS of 2.3 as being able to challenge Floor 12 I once considered beyond my dreams but here I now have the trophy...

I actually enjoying this bartending event. Pretty relaxing and really nice to see characters from Liyue too.

Yeah, Kokomi was a good investment. Now I can run Hu Tao with guaranteed vapes pretty much all the time, as long as i remember to reset kokomi's jellyfish with her burst. Definitely a good investment, and gives more spiral abyss options.

Back