Genshin ImpactPS4 

I do have to say this Windblume event seems to be more fun so far than the Liyue one. The domain one, I seem to keep getting a lot of the floor memorization puzzle, and the flower thing that floats down. I forget what their called, since I don't try to remember names too much.

Also, since today is Noelle's Birthday, I decided to do my first hangout event with her. Makes me want to level up her some more, as she is at level 50 I believe.

I do have to say this Windblume event seems to be more fun so far than the Liyue one. The domain one, I seem to keep getting a lot of the floor memorization puzzle, and the flower thing that floats down. I forget what their called, since I don't try to remember names too much.

Also, since today is Noelle's Birthday, I decided to do my first hangout event with her. Makes me want to level up her some more, as she is at level 50 I believe.

Yes I am really enjoying Windblume.

Have yet to try any of the hangout events but I am gonna do those tomorrow as I have a day off work so looking forward to them.

Noelle is one of my go to characters in my domains party as I have a good damage build for her at the moment and her special is very good at long range for taking out enemies when you have to defend the leyline prism.

On the subject of leylines and dungeons of blessings can you clear up one thing for me if possible, what's the difference in rewards between the Level 1 and Level 2 artefact dungeons, am I more likely to get the purple set if I do the level 2 dungeon or is it down to random luck?

I can complete all three artefact dungeons now on the beginner level and I am starting to get good stuff but yesterday I was surprised to get one piece of the Crimson Witch of Flames set on entry level dungeon so this makes me think I should just try farming on entry level and see if luck goes my way?

Brought to my attention over on the Genshin forums but an artefact farming guide that can be done every 24 hours in game for those who may not be aware:

https://fragstrat.com/genshin-impact/daily-artifact-exp-farming-route

Last edited:
Well more progress this week in Genshin Impact.

I had to do some artefact farming using the guide I mentioned in my previous post but have been to able to upgrade my main party to a level that I can now deal with the bosses within Genshin's world solo, the only one I have not ventured near yet is Oceanid because I hear he's more difficult though I'll have to visit him at some point to get the required ascend materials for Barbara beyond Lvl 40.

Everyone else in my two parties is now at Lvl 50 so the world is more manageable but I am going to keep it at AR35 for awhile until there is nothing left to do in the premise that my characters should be ascended to Lvl60 by this point so when I do upgrade the world it will be a much more manageable situation and reap benefits of better 'loot'

Also the next events are in your in game Mailbox

Hillichurl Battle Arena: 2 - 12 April
Oceanid Event: 9 - 16 April

Oceanid is the most unique of the minor bosses, because it’s essentially a 5-phase fight. It summons these hydro mimics that use various attacks, and defeating them is how the oceanid takes damage. The key is keeping reactions going since they always are hydro affected. The other is watching out for certain mimics, notably the singular frog or big duck. Both do massive AoE if you aren’t careful, and release a bomb after they are killed. Hu Tao can destroy their health easily. The other trouble maker is the flying eagles. You need a bow character (my preference is fischl, but diona is just as good for freezes) to hit them, but certain characters can hit them with the right aim.

Also, loot gets considerably better at higher WLs. Staying at a lower WL for too long ends up being a hinderance later on.

WL5 - 5* artifacts can drop from minor bosses
WL6 - unlocks the final level domain for rewards
WL7 - guaranteed 2 drops from weekly bosses
WL8 - guaranteed 5* artifact from minor bosses

Last edited:
Oceanid is the most unique of the minor bosses, because it’s essentially a 5-phase fight. It summons these hydro mimics that use various attacks, and defeating them is how the oceanid takes damage. The key is keeping reactions going since they always are hydro affected. The other is watching out for certain mimics, notably the singular frog or big duck. Both do massive AoE if you aren’t careful, and release a bomb after they are killed. Hu Tao can destroy their health easily. The other trouble maker is the flying eagles. You need a bow character (my preference is fischl, but diona is just as good for freezes) to hit them, but certain characters can hit them with the right aim.

Also, loot gets considerably better at higher WLs. Staying at a lower WL for too long ends up being a hinderance later on.

WL5 - 5* artifacts can drop from minor bosses
WL6 - unlocks the final level domain for rewards
WL7 - guaranteed 2 drops from weekly bosses
WL8 - guaranteed 5* artifact from minor bosses

Thanks, I will have a look at Oceanid in due course and be prepared for the above you mention.

Good to know what the future world levels will bring though I think they will be sometime off before I reach them.

My wishes this week got me nothing new, had been hoping I might snag Venti or Razor but I am not fussed as I will get them from a drop eventually I am sure, more interested in the next wish drop for Rosario and Childe.

Speaking of Oceanid, I actually avoided that boss for the first few months of playing, especially since I focused on leveling up the 4 basic F2P characters (Lumine, Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa). I wasn't using any hydro character, so there was no real reason to fight Oceanid.

Then, out of curiosity, I tried out the Oceanid boss fight. Got swamped by the water illusions so many times and I gave up; I simply could not defeat it without using food items to heal my characters - not so fun to keep wasting food items.

But after I got a little bit bored with the 4 basic characters, I thought about leveling up the other characters I got from wishes. Mona was one of the first 5 star characters I got, so I decided to focus on levelling her up, and thus there's no choice but to keep fighting Oceanid for a while.

And I finally figured out that the boss can be defeated with the 4 basic characters with not too much hassle:
  1. Distract the water illusions with Amber's Baron Bunny right after they appear. Be careful not to get too close when throwing the doll though, or else they will still focus on you
  2. When the water illusions are focused on Baron Bunny, keep attacking them with Lisa from a distance
  3. After Baron Bunny explodes, the water illusions will approach you. Use Kaeya's elemental skill to freeze them
  4. Finish them off with Kaeya's physical damage
  5. Sometimes one of the water illusions will become a water time bomb after it gets defeated. You can switch to Aether/Lumine and then run away (quite likely that you'll still be inside the blast radius though, but the point is to make Aether's or Lumine's role as the one who takes damage, as opposed to the one that deals damage)
  6. Keep repeating the previous steps. Understandably near the end of the fight, two sets of water illusions will start appearing at a go, instead of only one set. Although you may mess up at this phase, where only one set is distracted by Baron Bunny, it's unlikely to the point where your entire party dies
Also, of course, this should be done when your characters are not underleveled (along with their weapons and artifacts), but I don't think there's a need to get the best possible artifacts sets or weapons or whatever out there. In fact, my Amber and Lisa were using 3-star weapons (actually still using the same 3-star weapons now).

Pro tip for the post mortem bomb, jump off the edge of the arena and do a diving attack into the water. It'll bring you below the hit box of the wave.

I also highly recommend Noelle for her shield if you intend to fight mostly in melee.

Additionally, using an elemental burst, especially 5 star ones, grants immunity for a bit while the animations happen, so if timed tight, you can avoid all bomb damage.

I'm usually not in position for that and just take the hit. :lol: I'm looking forward to actually fighting the Oceanid though, and getting that pet Oceanid.

I do Fischl, Klee and Ganyu, with Jean on healing duty if needed. I have once tried to use Barbara when I was co-oping with my friends to mess with them. Fun times! :lol:

Edit: Got a standard wish from the BP and I finally got C1 Amber now from it! Once the next character banner starts up, I'll probably get her 2nd Constellation from the shop, now that it has finally reset to the beginning, from what it looks like.

amberconst.png

Last edited:
Well some informative posts there folks, will keep all of that in mind for Oceanid when the event starts.

I've made some big progress over the holiday weekend so the main archon storyline of the game has been completed, defeating Childe was a bit of a trial but I went with the party of Barbara, Kaname (my traveller), Beidou and Bennett all of whom have level 50 weapons and are Lvl 50 characters so he was tough to beat at AR 35 but it was a very satisfying experience to beat him.

I also loved the story sequence immediately afterwards and the final bit just before speaking to Zhongli when the traveller actually says some dialogue, was not expecting that!

So now I finally have a moment where there are very few active quests on my tab but I am still struggling in one regard with the mission on Dragonspine - In the Mountains quest.

I am at the bit where you have to defeat the two Ruin Guards and the boss Ruin Guard whilst coping with the ice cold temperatures in the area but I don't have the best party, ideally I think I need a 'fire team' Amber being the main since you need the bow and arrow to hit the 'weak spot' in the eye but I can't heal fast enough and dodge the missiles, anyone have any tips on quicker ways to heal up.

Ideally I would like to have QiQi for her party healing ability but sadly haven't won her yet but this quest seems particularly tough but I am not sure if that's because I advanced the world to AR35 or just the mission itself.

Some pics to follow later today though!

Last edited:
I don't remember what I exactly did, but for sure I was still using the 4 basic characters while doing those Dragonspine quests, so it's definitely doable without a healer. Had no clear memory about fighting those three Ruin Guards though...might've been one of those occasions where I wasted a lot of food items... :lol:

Apart from looking for torches and heat pillars (if there are any), maybe try starting the fight with all your Elemental Bursts ready? If you can get Amber to paralyze two of them in close proximity to each other (with the arrow), quickly causing the massive elemental reaction damage from the bursts afterwards can be quite helpful.

As for the missiles, I believe the key to avoid them is to start running quickly in the opposite direction just when they are about to hit you (not right after the missiles are released from the Ruin Guard's back), but if two sets of missiles are approaching you at the same time, that understandably makes things more difficult...

Oh, and of course, Baron Bunny is useful for distraction purposes.

Lastly, if you haven't leveled up your character levels/artifacts/weapons, you can just focus on that first and finish the quest later.

Or maybe just waste a lot of food (preferably not - but again I don't remember what I did anyway)

Thanks for the tips, did have an attempt yesterday but I think I've found the party needed npw.

Amber, Lisa, Kaeya and Beidou, Lisa's elemental burst seems quite strong on the Ruin Guards combined with Baron Bunny/Amber's Fire Rain Special and Kaeya can freeze the ruin guards from time to time so this is dooable.

I also overlooked the fact you can get the food item which reduces the sheer cold effect from the quest Ah Fresh Meat! which gives a 900s aid for sheer cold so I am going to try that plus above party and food items ready.

The new wishes are up but I guess I'm only going to get 1 maybe 2 tries at that as now my source of Primogems have tried up might have to think about how I wish from now on.

I was able to get Rosaria on my 2nd pull out of my 10 pull. Now to level her artifacts up. Just not sure if I want a physical build or a Cryo build on her. I have her set for Cryo now. So I just need to farm artifacts so I can infuse them into her current artifacts.

rosariac.png

I was able to get Rosaria on my 2nd pull out of my 10 pull. Now to level her artifacts up. Just not sure if I want a physical build or a Cryo build on her. I have her set for Cryo now. So I just need to farm artifacts so I can infuse them into her current artifacts.

View attachment 1002970

Well done!

Going to do my first 'pull' attempt when I finish my work shift a bit later and hopefully it will be kind and give me Rosaria.

Was definitely gonna go with the cyro build for her since my main account only has Kaeya at the moment so hopefully this will go to plan!

Think I might start paying for Blessing of the Welkin Moon since it's so cheap each month as can afford that and think that we will have more events offering Primogems soon so that should help me build up, unless there is a substantial increase in characters in future updates should only need to pull once or twice a month hopefully.

I did two piece Bloodstained Chivalry and two piece whatever the cryo set was called. I agonized over what build to go for so I comprised for balance.

I did the same for Beidou with two piece thunder set instead and it works fantastic. 39k+ skill damage.

Last edited:
I did two piece Bloodstained Chivalry and two piece whatever the cryo set was called. I agonized over what build to go for so I comprised for balance.

I did the same for Beidou with two piece thunder set instead and it works fantastic. 39k+ skill damage.

I only just noticed in my game that the third level Domain of Blessings are available to me to complete so I might have a go for the Thunder set and Cryo set today...

First time seeing two daily commissions for Ella Musk at the same time. This is the third time I got Poetry Exchange since I started playing Genshin. I had gotten it last week too, and that time I looked up a guide to successfully complete it. First time I got it it ended badly.

ellamusk.png

First time seeing two daily commissions for Ella Musk at the same time. This is the third time I got Poetry Exchange since I started playing Genshin. I had gotten it last week too, and that time I looked up a guide to successfully complete it. First time I got it it ended badly.

View attachment 1004287

Dang it! I've never had Ella's quest let alone the two of the together.

One thing I was noticing in the list of achievements is Play a Game of Pirates with the kids at Liyue Harbour, I've had this quest multiple times but the achievement is not popping in the game, anyone any ideas?

On an excellent note I got Rosaria on my main account 1st try so hopefully I will be lucky on my 2nd profile when I try at the weekend.

Dang it! I've never had Ella's quest let alone the two of the together.

One thing I was noticing in the list of achievements is Play a Game of Pirates with the kids at Liyue Harbour, I've had this quest multiple times but the achievement is not popping in the game, anyone any ideas?

On an excellent note I got Rosaria on my main account 1st try so hopefully I will be lucky on my 2nd profile when I try at the weekend.
The pirates one is a very tricky one to get. You have to do it three unique times and each time it shows up (which is rare in itself) it will be randomized.
You can see how hard it can be to get this achievement. Even more difficult than getting a prototype/billet from a World Boss.

AR 55 and I've seen two out of three quest lines myself: One you swab the deck using Anemo and another, you give one of the kids something from your inventory. Maybe Lotus heads? I forget. I'm not sure what the third one is though.

Last edited:
There is one for A Surprise Gift, but you have to do it four times (new options unlocked every new time if you choose the bottom one).

There is one for Timmie if you kill the ducks when you get his commission.

There is one for someone in liyue if you give the wrong ship count.

The pirates one is a very tricky one to get. You have to do it three unique times and each time it shows up (which is rare in itself) it will be randomized.
You can see how hard it can be to get this achievement. Even more difficult than getting a prototype/billet from a World Boss.

AR 55 and I've seen two out of three quest lines myself: One you swab the deck using Anemo and another, you give one of the kids something from your inventory. Maybe Lotus heads? I forget. I'm not sure what the third one is though.

Interesting I am sure I have had two as I have had the Anemo one, the second is Calm Little Meng and Little Fei down as I've had that one so I guess it's just give the gift from my inventory that I need to achieve this one.

I forgot there’s also one where you have to get something for ellin, and you just have to smash the churl dummy into pieces instead of picking it up.

I've done that Pirates one at least 8 times now, and so far haven't gotten that third part of it. Have done two variations of it, so I'm still waiting for that third variation of it.

Edit: Got this achievement for adjusting the dialogue volume in settings, over and over until it popped.
paimonachiv.png

Edit #2: Found a floating bird egg in the wild, lol
floatingbirdegg1.png

Last edited:
I've done that Pirates one at least 8 times now, and so far haven't gotten that third part of it. Have done two variations of it, so I'm still waiting for that third variation of it.

Edit: Got this achievement for adjusting the dialogue volume in settings, over and over until it popped.
View attachment 1004860

So you get an achievement for just adjusting the in game volume slider, that's quite amusing in my opinion.

I believe details of Special Programme V1.5 have or are about to be announced today as per the usual format we've seen previously, free Prinogems codes will be in place but I suspect I will miss them again because the stream was 4am UK time....when I'll be sleeping!

Finally got my first 36* Abyss run. Took a bit getting good RNG attack wise from the enemies on 11-2 and 11-3, but was satisfying having it pay off. The stagger on that spinning guard in the first half of 12-3 absolutely mattered on the 3* attempt. So happy I built up Mona. Gives more options for abyss when it finally changes.

Back