Genshin ImpactPS4 

Looks like they extended the redemption time for the codes from the 1.5 live event.

Sadly I missed the code redemption period again as I wasn't able to get on in time, no biggie though.

Finally got my first 36* Abyss run. Took a bit getting good RNG attack wise from the enemies on 11-2 and 11-3, but was satisfying having it pay off. The stagger on that spinning guard in the first half of 12-3 absolutely mattered on the 3* attempt. So happy I built up Mona. Gives more options for abyss when it finally changes.

So I am thinking about completing the Ascension rank 2 quest on my account but I'm very nervous about the future 'World Level'.

I know the rewards will be greater and I can redo my builds with the higher level 'rewards' but I am concerned that my 'build's' will not be strong enough to survive after the advance.

For those of you that are AR36-AR45 what level of 'normal' enemies can I expect and what Level will the bosses rise to (currently 50),

My current 'main party' average about Lvl 48, their current gear is Wpn Lvl 50/50 and Refinement Rank 5 for most weapons and the artificats sets are average +5 to +8 level.

Any advice or things I should know before I commit to the new level?

So I am thinking about completing the Ascension rank 2 quest on my account but I'm very nervous about the future 'World Level'.

I know the rewards will be greater and I can redo my builds with the higher level 'rewards' but I am concerned that my 'build's' will not be strong enough to survive after the advance.

For those of you that are AR36-AR45 what level of 'normal' enemies can I expect and what Level will the bosses rise to (currently 50),

My current 'main party' average about Lvl 48, their current gear is Wpn Lvl 50/50 and Refinement Rank 5 for most weapons and the artificats sets are average +5 to +8 level.

Any advice or things I should know before I commit to the new level?
New world levels aren’t as bad as people bring them out to be. The only real issue with it is the time required to kill enemies increases by quite a bit, but over time, that drops considerably to the point where it was the same as the level you’re on now. I would definitely focus on your artifact sets as soon as you do the ascension quest. It’s the exact same as the previous ascension quest, but the difference is the levels reflect roughly what you’d be facing. Just know though that by staying at a lower world level for a long time, you’re only hurting the rewards that can be acquired. None of the world level increases were extremely hard for me, even on my PC alt account.

To add, leveling artifacts to their max level is a great idea, especially at the higher world levels. They’re responsible for how much DPS a character can do.

Last edited:
New world levels aren’t as bad as people bring them out to be. The only real issue with it is the time required to kill enemies increases by quite a bit, but over time, that drops considerably to the point where it was the same as the level you’re on now. I would definitely focus on your artifact sets as soon as you do the ascension quest. It’s the exact same as the previous ascension quest, but the difference is the levels reflect roughly what you’d be facing. Just know though that by staying at a lower world level for a long time, you’re only hurting the rewards that can be acquired. None of the world level increases were extremely hard for me, even on my PC alt account.

To add, leveling artifacts to their max level is a great idea, especially at the higher world levels. They’re responsible for how much DPS a character can do.

Thanks for that!

Part of my reason for wanting to ascend is the new story quest 'We Will be Reunited' requires AR 36 to proceed so I will have to do the ascension quest to progress this story, my plan thereafter was to work on maxing out the artefact sets that I need for the builds to do more DPS damage etc.

I also just caught up on the news that the PS5 version of Genshin Impact is launching on 28 April so I presume this will be the date Version 1.5 will also be available for PS4.

One snippet of info I will give from the 'preview' is we will now be able to have a 'home' that we can customise and adepti related matters since it's a world within the 'teapot' from Madame Ping's story in game.

This is the part that interests me the most and I hope that this means a change will be made in the photo system as I would really like to see changes there for being able to photograph in domains as not being able to take photo's of me resting at home would be a bit of a bummer.

Here's the full video:

New characters for 1.5:
Yanfei - 4* Pyro Catalyst user
Eula - 5* Cryo Claymore user

Yanfei is like a 4* version of Klee from what I’ve seen. The only issue is she’s on a Zhongli rerun banner, and I don’t want to risk losing my guaranteed pity.

Eula is a Cryo/Physical user that plays kind of like Razor to an extent. I don’t care much for her, but Xinyan is on her banner so I’m a little saddened by that. Xinyan always seems to be on banners I don’t want to roll on.

New characters for 1.5:
Yanfei - 4* Pyro Catalyst user
Eula - 5* Cryo Claymore user

Yanfei is like a 4* version of Klee from what I’ve seen. The only issue is she’s on a Zhongli rerun banner, and I don’t want to risk losing my guaranteed pity.

Eula is a Cryo/Physical user that plays kind of like Razor to an extent. I don’t care much for her, but Xinyan is on her banner so I’m a little saddened by that. Xinyan always seems to be on banners I don’t want to roll on.

Eula seems to be causing quite a 'stir' over on the Genshin Impact forums given her ancestry, I am not sure that I agree with this boycott of her, if I get the character I get the character but I am very much interested in Yanfei as she looks a great character.

It seems I may have to actually give Mihoyo some 'money' this month since all the characters on the banners are ones I would like to have.

Tis a good thing payday is not long after the update drops!

Eula seems to be causing quite a 'stir' over on the Genshin Impact forums given her ancestry, I am not sure that I agree with this boycott of her, if I get the character I get the character but I am very much interested in Yanfei as she looks a great character.

Another boycott huh! So what about her ancestry are they boycotting now? Seems like the last few weeks, people are boycotting Genshin Impact over, in my opinion, trivial things.

Another boycott huh! So what about her ancestry are they boycotting now? Seems like the last few weeks, people are boycotting Genshin Impact over, in my opinion, trivial things.

Apparently her Lawrence family backstory, specifically this part...

The blood that flows through her veins once flowed through those of Mondstadt’s oppressors during one of the darkest periods of the city’s history.

Getting mad at Eula is pretty dumb honestly. It’s like getting mad at some 15 year old in high school, because they were unlucky enough to have ancestors who owned slaves back when it was legal in the US.

@TetsuKobura you nailed it exactly there.

I am almost tempted actually to make her a front line character in my party just to stir the 'fan base'.

Anyone know which location this shot of Yang Fei is at as I'm presuming this pic is from the 1.5 Beta and not an actual artwork?

genshin-impact-yanfei.jpg

@TetsuKobura you nailed it exactly there.

I am almost tempted actually to make her a front line character in my party just to stir the 'fan base'.

Anyone know which location this shot of Yang Fei is at as I'm presuming this pic is from the 1.5 Beta and not an actual artwork?

View attachment 1005677
No, that's on the Guili Plains. Right between the Domain of Forsaken Ruins and Quiongji Estuary waypoint.

Finally got all the Geoculus. I was able to unlock the final area too with the pillars, and boy did that fight get the heart pumping. I wiped once, but luckily when I went back in, I just had the final boss guy to fight. I ignored the side puzzles, and just went DPS the best I could on the guy. He was at Level 100 since I'm at WL 8. But I was able to defeat him and now I have no more quests looming anymore.

I'm glad I didn't grind as fast as I could. I still have a lot of exploring out in the world for puzzles and chests out there. So there still feels like I can play more now. I didn't even start my artifact gridding until around AR 50. Still need to attempt the Abyss yet, as I haven't done Floor 9 and up yet. Just haven't felt like doing any of that stuff.

geomax.png

Last edited:
You should try abyss. It’s nice content and is a good time/defense challenge, and the rewards are pretty good. You got another week or so before it resets for another cycle, or supposedly gets completely reset (levels, mobs, key line disorders, everything).

Speaking of abyss, I really hope when it completely resets, they actually make floor 12 harder than floor 11. 12 is just a DPS check right now, while 11 requires a bit of strategy, especially 11-2, the ley line defense.

Last edited:
Well it's only two days away now until the PS5 edition of Genshin Impact finally is out and playable on my PS5 console.

Am I the only one in the discussion who will experience the game on PS5 or will any of the rest of you be joining me?

Subject to the responses I may 'share' my first steps into the game on PS5 on Wednesday via my Youtube channel...if anyone is interested....

Well it's only two days away now until the PS5 edition of Genshin Impact finally is out and playable on my PS5 console.

Am I the only one in the discussion who will experience the game on PS5 or will any of the rest of you be joining me?

Subject to the responses I may 'share' my first steps into the game on PS5 on Wednesday via my Youtube channel...if anyone is interested....
Funny enough, I bit the bullet and snagged a PS5 digital at the very last second of a bidding war, so I should be able to enjoy Genshin on PS5 when it arrives at my house. Glorious 60 FPS and super fast load times will finally be mine!

I do have an account made on PlayStation. Once I get the main story line finished on PC, I'll try out the PS5 version and see. I dabbled for like 30 minutes or so on PS4, and reached Mondstadt, but that's about as far as I got.

Funny enough, I bit the bullet and snagged a PS5 digital at the very last second of a bidding war, so I should be able to enjoy Genshin on PS5 when it arrives at my house. Glorious 60 FPS and super fast load times will finally be mine!

I do have an account made on PlayStation. Once I get the main story line finished on PC, I'll try out the PS5 version and see. I dabbled for like 30 minutes or so on PS4, and reached Mondstadt, but that's about as far as I got.

Great!!

I don't really have anyone else on my friends list to explore Genshin with so if you guys are thinking about playing on PS5 it'd be great to finally have some fellow players to play with.

If you think the idea's good PM me and we can exchange ID's, given I'm about to progress to higher AR's it may be 'handy' to have some friends to call on if things get difficult!

@TetsuKobura how much did you end up paying (PM if you want it private), just curious to see how the second hand market is going?

Last edited:
I'm on "wait and see" mode when it comes to the PS5. I think the 9th generation of consoles has been a half baked mess so I'm waiting for something truly substantive before I take the dive. Like a must have game or consoles like a Slim or Pro.

If I do jump in, I am looking forward to playing through the early game again. I've done it three times now and it never gets old for me. Always a new team to build due to the randomness.

Great!!

I don't really have anyone else on my friends list to explore Genshin with so if you guys are thinking about playing on PS5 it'd be great to finally have some fellow players to play with.

If you think the idea's good PM me and we can exchange ID's, given I'm about to progress to higher AR's it may be 'handy' to have some friends to call on if things get difficult!

@TetsuKobura how much did you end up paying (PM if you want it private), just curious to see how the second hand market is going?
$745. It was a bidding war though, so it’s not like it was legit being sold for that much.

I’m on the NA server, so idk if I can add y’all. My main is 603260589.

$745. It was a bidding war though, so it’s not like it was legit being sold for that much.

I’m on the NA server, so idk if I can add y’all. My main is 603260589.

Well as it 'happens' I also have a NA account that I've not done much with so sounds like I have a good reason to start playing my NA region game. :gtpflag:

I'm on "wait and see" mode when it comes to the PS5. I think the 9th generation of consoles has been a half baked mess so I'm waiting for something truly substantive before I take the dive. Like a must have game or consoles like a Slim or Pro.

If I do jump in, I am looking forward to playing through the early game again. I've done it three times now and it never gets old for me. Always a new team to build due to the randomness.

This is a sensible approach, at least for me I will have the team I already have since my PS4 data I imagine will be 'playable' on PS5 but if I do have to start over this is fine too, either way I am guessing I won't be able to setup until tomorrow after work as I guess the release time for the PS5 will be when Sony update the store to offer it.

Still I am working at home so that means I can get everything ready asap, I've decided I am going to try and do my first 'Live Stream' of a game with Ps5 edition so I am running a test tonight to ensure no 'streaming' issues!

Yeah, I believe that we can only play on our region servers, and not cross server playing. I'm on NA server, and my UID is 600175197

Got my Yanfei! Got her on my 8th pull
View attachment 1007274

Well done!

Well I have 'bit' the bullet and bought my first Genesis Crystals from the PSN Store so I will be doing some wishing tonight, I will also be live streaming my first play of Genshin Impact on PS5, hopefully lady luck will be with me!

Will add the stream here later!

I have decided to bypass Yanfei to preserve my guaranteed pity for Kazuha. Oh well.

On another note, I don’t understand how anyone can play mobile Genshin. It’s ridiculous.
-download app
-game asks me to download 4.7 GB
-finish that
-when maintenance ends, asks me to download newest app update
-finish that
-game needs me to download ANOTHER 1.7 GB just to login
It wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t stuck with sketchy hotel wifi, but that’s ridiculous. Even regular ps4s have it way better than mobile in downloading stuff.

Well here it is everyone, my first stream from Genshin Impact PS5 edition.

No pre-planning or anything here I just played how I normally play but I must say it looks very beautiful and many things I appreciate they've taken attention to.

I won't say anymore about the update just now as I will fully play more tomorrow to have a look at the finer details.

Went on a bit longer than I planned but I can 100% love Yanfei, really loved how that played out!

OUCH! Okay, I don’t know how anyone is able to play Genshin on their phone. On the lowest settings, my phone was burning hot after just 15 minutes.

Well here it is everyone, my first stream from Genshin Impact PS5 edition.

No pre-planning or anything here I just played how I normally play but I must say it looks very beautiful and many things I appreciate they've taken attention to.

I won't say anymore about the update just now as I will fully play more tomorrow to have a look at the finer details.

Went on a bit longer than I planned but I can 100% love Yanfei, really loved how that played out!

I’m going to assume that you kept your exact same account that you normally play on. That’s good to know, as I really didn’t want to lose my progress and investment.

Is it 60 FPS? I couldn’t tell from the stream so far because YouTube isn’t giving 60 FPS options.

OUCH! Okay, I don’t know how anyone is able to play Genshin on their phone. On the lowest settings, my phone was burning hot after just 15 minutes.

I’m going to assume that you kept your exact same account that you normally play on. That’s good to know, as I really didn’t want to lose my progress and investment.

Is it 60 FPS? I couldn’t tell from the stream so far because YouTube isn’t giving 60 FPS options.

Yes I believe it is 60 FPS, the animation feels much smoother than PS4 and less 'lag' when camera movement.

Same account yes, progress is picked up automatically from the PS4, am going to test just now to see if 'crossplay' picks up the fact I was playing on PS5 yesterday.

I can also confirm photo mode is allowed in our 'teapot' so that's good, I will be able to show the progress of me developing my 'teapot', this is what I'm going to be working of for a bit so my next 'stream' will be me progress my adventure rank quest and then starting to work on my character equipment.

Then I'll get back to story's and quests!

Also I imagine @Silent Drifter might be plotting my untimely demise over Yanfei...

My current character list as of yesterday 28/4/2021..

Last edited:
I have to say I'm liking this Animal Crossing game so far. Going around chopping trees down, getting blueprints, getting materials for indoor and outdoor sets. I'm only Trust Level 3 right now, and I think I'm at Queen Level, so I only get 16/hr currency(forgot what their called).
I do have my pot set to be open, so I believe anyone can join even if I'm offline too.

Also visited and bought out the two blueprint vendors, but they are pricey.

Some tips on the pot

Last edited:
I have to say I'm liking this Animal Crossing game so far. Going around chopping trees down, getting blueprints, getting materials for indoor and outdoor sets. I'm only Trust Level 3 right now, and I think I'm at Queen Level, so I only get 16/hr currency(forgot what their called).
I do have my pot set to be open, so I believe anyone can join even if I'm offline too.

Also visited and bought out the two blueprint vendors, but they are pricey.

Some tips on the pot

Thanks for this, I haven't done much with the teapot yet but I am sure this will come in useful!

I've been a bit 'busy' clearing up some loose ends!

I finally finished the Dragonspine quest 'In the Mountains' after encountering many difficulties with the monsters levels and some parts of mission being a bit buggy (Seele not doing what they should) but I finally have completed this quest on both my accounts and I have also got myself all caught up with the latest event.

It took me one site visit to figure out that you just have to deal with the 'demon stones' first and then 'bam' no more tough enemies to face anymore.

A little bit confused about the rewards from running the new 'domain' however as it seems you just get points for the Energy Amplifier but I don't really understand it's purpose yet, I have enough points however to do the 'Hang Out' event with Diona so am gonna do that today.

Still have to run that Adventure Rank Ascension Quest 2 yet for upping the world level but I am probably going to wait until the weekend, want to farm some things on my 2nd account and do some wishes to see if I win Yanfei and co there but all in all I am enjoying the game a lot at the moment.

Some new pics soon too!

One word: Chaos.

That’s how I would describe this new Spiral Abyss.

Floors 9 and 10 are the exact same, while 11 and 12 are very different. 11 uses the hydro debuff where cool downs are longer, making certain parts annoying if you don’t have good physical DPS. 11-3 spawns two Abyss Heralds, and their shields are far tankier than the one in the story quests.
12-1 is almost the same, but a geovishap is swapped out with two whopperflowers. 12-2 is VERY ANNOYING because the cicins mess with everything, and the oceanid mimicks have loads of health. 12-3 spawns two Abyss Lectors, which use the electro debuff where your burst energy is taken away. Their attacks are worse than the Heralds.

Last edited:
One word: Chaos.

That’s how I would describe this new Spiral Abyss.

Floors 9 and 10 are the exact same, while 11 and 12 are very different. 11 uses the hydro debuff where cool downs are longer, making certain parts annoying if you don’t have good physical DPS. 11-3 spawns two Abyss Heralds, and their shields are far tankier than the one in the story quests.
12-1 is almost the same, but a geovishap is swapped out with two whopperflowers. 12-2 is VERY ANNOYING because the cicins mess with everything, and the oceanid mimicks have loads of health. 12-3 spawns two Abyss Lectors, which use the electro debuff where your burst energy is taken away. Their attacks are worse than the Heralds.

Looks tricky! No way my current builds would last in the Spiral Abyss so I think I will stay well clear of this part of the game for the time being.

Maybe when I have stronger DPS I might feel confident about this but for this week I am just going to get the Primogems I can for daily quest and the Welkin Moon blessing login to build up so I can run my second account wishes and hopefully snag Diona, Zhongli and Yanfei.

Then back to run AR2 quest and see how I do at the 'next' level/build up again!

EDIT: Defo need to run that AR2 quest, with my Lvl 60 weapons and 50 Lvl characters I am too OP for the enemies here now!

Last edited:
My bitcoin mining room is getting there. :lol: I have about 190 trust I need to get to Rank 5, which if I remember correctly, unlocks the next exterior level. I have mine set to open so my friends can speed up my crafting, even if I'm offline. I can visit yours too if you set yours to allow anyone to visit, then I can speed up your crafting by 4 hours. Only works for people that are on your friends list. So at least no randoms can join in.

bitcoin.png

Back